Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thelnternet

Issues with Anti-Cheat

I figured I would address this in a forum post seeing as it has become somewhat of a problem recently.  Someone definitely needs to fix the anticheat just banning players at random, it has banned me @Lindsay @Booch and @CanadianBill recently. As well as a few of the regulars who it would be very out of character for them to be actually cheating.

I've gone through and removed a few bans there were likely false positives. I know for a fact that this has been quite a few cheaters in the week that it has been up.

The guy that is coding it is updating it almost every day and I'm updating as soon as the updates come out, the cheating in gmod has really gotten out of control recently since people bypass our other anticheat.

For now I disabled the check that seemed to be giving false positives.

Not sure how this anti-cheat works exactly, but i think we should make it so that instead of auto banning players it will flag them for cheats such as a bhop checker that way admins can resolve the situation rather than this anti-cheat doing all the work as it appears to have been problematic.

Then again I don't know much since i haven't been as active as i would like on our servers recently from school.

It could have possibly banned some regulars that weren't hacking while we weren't watching and now we lost some players maybe someone can check those bans somehow idk. If people didn't see then there could be multiple people that got banned unreasonably.