Sign in to follow this  
Avenger

Custom TTT Feedback

On 9/9/2017 at 1:57 PM, Reaper0470 said:

As far as I know anything that could give an edge in the game would never be behind a paywall. Only things that could ever be included for donators, etc would be cosmetics that have no effect on the game mode whatsoever. The idea of special cosmetic skins for donators etc is more of a thank you for supporting the server and community. 

As far as I know anything that could give an edge in the game would never be behind a paywall. Only things that could ever be included for donators, etc would be cosmetics that have no effect on the game mode whatsoever.

As far as I know anything that could give an edge in the game would never be behind a paywall. 

behind a paywall.

MP5/Supporter Mac10

First of all, GOOD WORK RIGHT HERE. Really, endless thanks for bringing this server back.

Ditto on the return of the media player. Though maybe with something like an auto message in chat that, whenever a song starts playing, tells people how to use stopsound or mute the media player altogether. The chorus of people complaining on mic about the music being ear rape can be worse than the actual ear rape. I have no idea how that could be rigged up though.

!trainfuck and !ach (at least I think it was !ach) would complete the nostalgia circle but aren't necessary (ie don't rush).

Also, body bombs yo.

Also #2, jw is kakariko village in the list of maps? 

2 hours ago, lotmoshr said:

First of all, GOOD WORK RIGHT HERE. Really, endless thanks for bringing this server back.

Ditto on the return of the media player. Though maybe with something like an auto message in chat that, whenever a song starts playing, tells people how to use stopsound or mute the media player altogether. The chorus of people complaining on mic about the music being ear rape can be worse than the actual ear rape. I have no idea how that could be rigged up though.

!trainfuck and !ach (at least I think it was !ach) would complete the nostalgia circle but aren't necessary (ie don't rush).

Also, body bombs yo.

Also #2, jw is kakariko village in the list of maps? 

I think the old media player that we used it broken, so would have to look into a new one.

I don't have trainfuck files anymore, and I added kakariko last night.

Just now, Matty said:

Can we get a buff on the newton launcher?

I miss the days where that weapon actually launched people.

Yeah I was going to do it yesterday, but our server panel was down. It's currently on default ttt settings.

We are going to be updating a lot of the weapons soon.

Just now, ZachPL said:

I think the old media player that we used it broken, so would have to look into a new one.

I don't have trainfuck files anymore, and I added kakariko last night.

Yeah I was going to do it yesterday, but our server panel was down. It's currently on default ttt settings.

Yeah the media player doesn't work for youtube anymore. Only direct mp3 links. Still works for round end but another issue is the sound no longer carries over to the next round. It was nicer when we could carry the music into the next round and fade out nicely.

I might have trainfuck somewhere. I didn't look at my ULX modules when I was checking for the old custom stuff. I only looked in the ttt folder stuff not the addons, I can double check but I think the train model was removed so might have to find a different one to ram into people.

15 hours ago, ZachPL said:

You da man.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:36 PM, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Yeah, the normal sniper seems to be just fine. Also, Newton Launcher does not have enough power to send people flying. It's more like a little bump than anything. Even at full charge

Asked and you get it. Now with just no charge. people literally flew to other side of map and die or flew from ground to sky and well.. die

I think newton is kinda too powerful. way too powerful right now. need some bit adjust on it.

3 hours ago, krony said:

Asked and you get it. Now with just no charge. people literally flew to other side of map and die or flew from ground to sky and well.. die

I think newton is kinda too powerful. way too powerful right now. need some bit adjust on it.

I disagree. The newton launcher has a solid cooldown between shots, so i think it's balanced it. 

On 9/8/2017 at 6:20 PM, SpecialBrownies said:

Complete over exaggeration. We already had one dude complaining about the props on Island_17 (even though its not against the rules). The meter was fine enough to be able to kill people with relative ease while not being overbearing. If we increase the meter rate, normal props on maps that normally won't be able to kill, will be able to kill.

It wasn't called anything, I'm pretty sure it was custom for our server, but yes. 100x Yes. @Avenger Re-arm could be toned down at least from what I saw if we add the ammo script, thus less entities on the server.

-End Round Music. Its not 100% needed ATM but we should look into recovering the songs that were made for our TTT server by blob and Tubbles. 

-I noticed some of the T/D weapons when first testing some out were missing textures on the buy menu. Out of the buy menu however the Lemon Grenade showed up as an ERROR and the Shuriken was missing textures (black and pink). I don't know if this was on my end or if it server related.

-Silenced Pistol = 1 Hit HS please like it used to be.

-A lot of the T/D weapons are also OP as fuck, might need some tone down.

WILL EDIT AS I COME UP WITH MORE

Why are you so needy? 

I added end round music this week, its very easy to add more just need an mp3 around 15 seconds. It's streamed so there isn't another download.

I think the main thing is we need to figure out which weapons we are keeping now and then separate the workshop addond so we have all the models/materials and then upload them as our own workshop package.

We had a good suggestion about trying to add player models. I personally love the idea. I know it would probably add a whole lot more downloads, but if that's a problem then we could see (if enough people want it) about having a vote and maybe trying to get rid of some other stuff and adding them.

@Rem that would involve adding a pointshop, which is something I want, but we aren't quite ready for that yet.  Afaik, we still need to fine tune gun/ammo spawns and restrict some from spawning.  Then maybe after that, we can discuss a pointshop.

Here's my idea for what weapons we should remove from the server. This is just my opinion on what should be taken out, I would love to hear what everyone else thinks. Anyways, lets get started with what we should remove.

Assault Rifles

• AK-74
  • Aug A3
  • F2000
  • M14 (Or maybe change this one to increase damage a bit, its fairly weak.)
  • Winchester 1873
  • AN-94

Heavys (Includes Machine Guns, Shotguns, and Snipers.)

• Ares Shrike
  • M249
  • Browing Auto 5
  • SPAS-12
  • Striker 12
  • PSG-1
  • AW50
  • Barret M82
  • Dragunov

Small Arms

• SIG Sauer P229R
  • HK USP
  • Colt Python
  • S & W Model 3 Russian
  • Raging Bull With Scope
  • USC
  • MP5SD
  • Magpul PDW
  • Bizon
  • P90
  • MP9

This is just what I think so we can cut back a lot of guns that seem OP or are just reskins and aren't really unique in any way.

If is possible, people would instantly join on a map they dont have to download, my suggestion is to change the default map to any CS: Source map. People would join instantly and they would just have to download the server content and not the map (which is the bigger download). Also the map doesn't have to be huge.

Here's my list of css maps to set as default:

-Office

-Nuke

-Dust

-Dust 2

I was thinking that the Detectives should have a Nerf gun, you know the little foam bullet guns that kids use? Except they only get 1 shot and the first person they hit gets reduced damage for the remaining match, so like they get Nerfed when hit by it. Would be funny to see and probably useful if the T goes "all in" early into the game.

Holy shit Custom TTT is back.

I'd adore a pointshop with tons of cosmetics, personally. I'd even donate for some good custom playermodels, or maybe even a donation to get your own personal playermodel added.

Also, I'd suggest taking out the vanilla Glock, Shotgun, and M249 to make some space for the better guns to be used from the weapon pack. I'd agree with Lindsay's list for the most part too, but keep one or two of the revolvers in :^).

Donators used to be able to pick their load out on spawn, right? Would it be possible to let them pick from new guns too?

Edited by Gamer4125