Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Free Speech

Just now, Atari Breakout said:

Trolling will result in a loss of privileges to post...? Also, I honestly would have another bush because at least they don't fucking tweet at a minute's notice. I don't think a president should post personal complaints about small things (Nordstrom lol) on twitter.

have you not seen twitter. it's where everyone posts shit their friends don't care about. if normies can do that then so can the POTUS

2 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

have you not seen twitter. it's where everyone posts shit their friends don't care about. if normies can do that then so can the POTUS

I feel like being POTUS means anything you say is the exact opposite of trolling... This isn't the white house correspondent's dinner. There's news of making his tweets part of his presidential policy...

I think that with this overwhelming support of free speech we should remove the no racism rule from the clan #freethenword

Easiest way to fix this issue is go into detail about the civil war in the education system, too many people believe that the entire war was fought on the right to own and not own slaves which is completely false and honestly a very small reason the states seceded from the union. 

Teach them that the north had almost just as many slaves as the south did, that the south outlawed slavery before the north, just things to teach to not make the south sound like a bunch of racist assholes, in highschool curriculum in my highschool we were taught the very basics and on thing my teachers always said was "the war was fought over slavery" so fixing the education system first could be a big help.

Just now, vexer said:

Easiest way to fix this issue is go into detail about the civil war in the education system, too many people believe that the entire war was fought on the right to own and not own slaves which is completely false and honestly a very small reason the states seceded from the union. 

Teach them that the north had almost just as many slaves as the south did, that the south outlawed slavery before the north, just things to teach to not make the south sound like a bunch of racist assholes, in highschool curriculum in my highschool we were taught the very basics and on thing my teachers always said was "the war was fought over slavery" so fixing the education system first could be a big help.

What the fuck are you smoking. The war was fought over slavery and most of the north outlawed slavery decades before the south. There's a reason they were called "The free states " years before the war. Like 2 border states that stayed in the union had slaves and they ended slavery at the same time as the south when the war ended. South seceded because for years thwy were scared the federal government wpild outlaw slavery. There was no other "states right " They were concerned about and confederate leaders even wrote in their papers at the time the confederacy was created to maintain slavery.

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

What the fuck are you smoking. The war was fought over slavery and most of the north outlawed slavery decades before the south. There's a reason they were called "The free states " years before the war. Like 2 border states that stayed in the union had slaves and they ended slavery at the same time as the south wjen the war ended. South seceded because for years thwy were scared the federal government wpild outlaw slavery. There was no other "states right " They were concerned about and confederate leaders even wrote in their papers at the time the confederacy was created to maintain slavery.

Go ahead and try to fact check everything you just typed.

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

What the fuck are you smoking. The war was fought over slavery and most of the north outlawed slavery decades before the south. There's a reason they were called "The free states " years before the war. Like 2 border states that stayed in the union had slaves and they ended slavery at the same time as the south wjen the war ended. South seceded because for years thwy were scared the federal government wpild outlaw slavery. There was no other "states right " They were concerned about and confederate leaders even wrote in their papers at the time the confederacy was created to maintain slavery.

Go ahead and try to fact check everything you just typed.

Just now, vexer said:

6myqBuK.png

(Using YOUR link)

This backs up:

What the fuck are you smoking. The war was fought over slavery and most of the north outlawed slavery decades before the south. There's a reason they were called "The free states " years before the war. Like 2 border states that stayed in the union had slaves and they ended slavery at the same time as the south wjen the war ended.

As for evidence backing up:

South seceded because for years thwy were scared the federal government wpild outlaw slavery. There was no other "states right " They were concerned about and confederate leaders even wrote in their papers at the time the confederacy was created to maintain slavery.

http://www.portside.org/2013-11-04/absolute-proof-civil-war-was-about-slavery

Just now, Yunki said:

https://www.civilwar.org/learn/articles/reasons-secession

Every state has a different reason to secede, also stating the fact that I never said slavery wasn't a reason they seceded, It had factors in it just

Other causes such as Economic changes, disagreement of constitutional principles, and rapid change against political upheaval.

saying again, this is not stuff you hear in a history class literally all you hear is "The south wanted slaves the north wanted slaves to be free." Which is not the whole reason the war was fought, That's like saying we fought Germany in WWII because they killed Jews. another thing teaching the difference of flags since that's a big topic of racism and hatred, teaching that there are 4 flags and the most common flags flown can be considered heritage.

Just now, vexer said:

Every state has a different reason to secede, also stating the fact that I never said slavery wasn't a reason they seceded, It had factors in it just

Other causes such as Economic changes, disagreement of constitutional principles, and rapid change against political upheaval.

saying again, this is not stuff you hear in a history class literally all you hear is "The south wanted slaves the north wanted slaves to be free." Which is not the whole reason the war was fought, That's like saying we fought Germany in WWII because they killed Jews. another thing teaching the difference of flags since that's a big topic of racism and hatred, teaching that there are 4 flags and the most common flags flown can be considered heritage.

Also heres a speech where the vice president of the confederacy said the confederate States of America were built on the idea "negroes belong in slavery "

http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/cornerstone-speech/

The states would have given a bs reason that sounded bettee to foreign diplomats than "We wanted slaves " But they told their own people and eachother it was to maintain slavery 

How are the States supposed to become United when one half thinks history was this way and the other half think history went that way?

Just now, Travesty said:

How are the States supposed to become United when one half thinks history was this way and the other half think history went that way?

Better education. 

Just now, fatb0y said:

Better education. 

Hard to do that with DeVos running the show lol

Just now, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

You're Canadian, stay out of our politics you scumlord

News Flash: The whole world is watching America right now and is very invested in what your President is up to.

1 hour ago, vexer said:

The economic changes of how to move on from a subsistence economy based on unpaid slavery, the constitutional disagreement of whether or not slavery should be outlawed, and the political upheaval of wanting to free the slaves.

No matter how you try to spin it, the root cause behind the Confederacy was ultimately slavery. Their president Jefferson Davis was a staunch of supporter of slavery even by contemporary southern standards up 'til the day he died.

7 hours ago, JFK said:

The economic changes of how to move on from a subsistence economy based on unpaid slavery, the constitutional disagreement of whether or not slavery should be outlawed, and the political upheaval of wanting to free the slaves.

No matter how you try to spin it, the root cause behind the Confederacy was ultimately slavery. Their president Jefferson Davis was a staunch of supporter of slavery even by contemporary southern standards up 'til the day he died.

Yes, it was.

21 hours ago, fatb0y said:

I feel like most people understand this. 

The thing is, I have a feeling that this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Cause_of_the_Confederacy is probably taught in the south. Which over generations probably skews their views on the Civil War. 

To some extent yes, some times called "the War of Northern Aggression" and other nonsense. I was grew up in the South, still live in it, a VERY historical part of it in fact. I don't really remember my elementary teachings of the Civil War, however it was made clear by my teachers in high school that the American Civil War was fought because of slavery, some outlying factors being true.