Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trigger.exe

Thinking about buying a decent PC.

Hello,

I come here for a little help on something. I was thinking last night, since i have not bought my self a graduation gift yet, might as well buy my self a new PC.

If you did not know already, i currently play on a peice of shit Lenovo Laptop that my mom bought from Walmart. It was suppose to be for school, but i slowly began playing shit on it. It does work, its just not the greatest.

Im not really looking for a "7000 doller PC" or anything. maybe around 500-600 dollers budget, nothing too fancy. I don't really wanna build one too, although i will if i have too. If there any trusted websites i can go to? 

I just wanna be able to play higher end games, Overwatch, Battlefield 1, PUBG, shit like that. 

EDIT: maybe something worth more than 500-600 dollers. Just thought about that now. close to 1-1.5k. 

Thanks

What area do you live in? because your local microcenter or even Costco might have decently priced PC's

For 500 dollars I kinda feel like your going to have a hard time finding a "decent" desktop. This is probably especially true if you want it pre-made. I would definitely build your own since you will in the end get better parts for the money you are putting into it. 

When I was looking for a new pc never would have thought it but, costco does have some decent pc's. Maybe checkout your local electronics store too for prebuilts. Other than that I would strongly recommend building your own there's a bunch of people in the community that can help with that.

Buy something with an i5, drop in an rx480 and if you have the extra shillings get a SSD.

Used OEM i5 boxes are easy to find and offer pretty dece performance for the budget. Most of the time they are units that businesses and other establishments are upgrading from and you can find them in good shape. This is the same model computer I used up until early this year (minus RAM): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-3010-Intel-Core-i5-3470-3-2GHz-4GB-RAM-320GB-/311903405175?hash=item489ee44477:g:sOMAAOSwN2VZTyU3 Had no issues with it. I've also bought machines from that seller before and had no issues.

Only problem you'd need to address is "deleting" the hard drive bay so you can fit a big graphics card. I drilled out the rivets that held it in then ripped it out and used the mounts for the vacant floppy drive bay to mount my hard drive. Other thing is you'd need a power supply with the connectors for whatever video card you're gonna use. That case will accept any ATX power supply. Also add more ram to it

7 minutes ago, Scrub said:

What area do you live in? because your local microcenter or even Costco might have decently priced PC's

Milwaukee area.

Just now, fps_trucka said:

For 500 dollars I kinda feel like your going to have a hard time finding a "decent" desktop. This is probably especially true if you want it pre-made. I would definitely build your own since you will in the end get better parts for the money you are putting into it. 

yeah people started msging me saying a 500 dollar decent PC wont be any better than the potato i already have. 

3 hours ago, Velo said:

Buy something with an i5, drop in an rx480 and if you have the extra shillings get a SSD.

Used OEM i5 boxes are easy to find and offer pretty dece performance for the budget. Most of the time they are units that businesses and other establishments are upgrading from and you can find them in good shape. This is the same model computer I used up until early this year (minus RAM): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-OptiPlex-3010-Intel-Core-i5-3470-3-2GHz-4GB-RAM-320GB-/311903405175?hash=item489ee44477:g:sOMAAOSwN2VZTyU3 Had no issues with it. I've also bought machines from that seller before and had no issues.

Only problem you'd need to address is "deleting" the hard drive bay so you can fit a big graphics card. I drilled out the rivets that held it in then ripped it out and used the mounts for the vacant floppy drive bay to mount my hard drive. Other thing is you'd need a power supply with the connectors for whatever video card you're gonna use. That case will accept any ATX power supply. Also add more ram to it

Good luck finding an rx 480 in stock since they are being produced anymore due to the rx 580. Also miners are eating up all mid range gpus and even 1070s recently so that also hurts him, unless he is willing to get a 1050ti or rx 560.

Just now, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Good luck finding an rx 480 in stock since they are being produced anymore due to the rx 580. Also miners are eating up all mid range gpus and even 1070s recently so that also hurts him, unless he is willing to get a 1050ti or rx 560.

Wow, that blows. Running an RX480 that thinks it's an RX580 and it runs pretty sweet

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MnNB3F

500-600 is too low. I'd say if you can eat the extra 500, buy this one. A noctua cooler is cool, but if you want to save the 70 dollars for a bit less thermals you can cut it. Up to you though. It also should be able to game on any modern title with a 1060.

Good luck

you can buy one of the premade computers on amazon. I ordered one a long time ago and just updated the parts as i go. 

8 hours ago, Tex said:

you can buy one of the premade computers on amazon. I ordered one a long time ago and just updated the parts as i go. 

Im going with what Tonee suggested. Pre made PCs on amazon for the most part are way to overpriced. But thanks anyway.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:25 AM, trigger.exe said:

Im going with what Tonee suggested. Pre made PCs on amazon for the most part are way to overpriced. But thanks anyway.

It probably would be cheaper im not sure if you knew how to do all the technical stuff. I mean youtube exists but I was high af when I replied. Also be sure when you are buying these parts make sure you don't think they will bottleneck. It's a bitch to figure out but worth the research.