Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StickyStickman

Good programing tutor

I'm fairly new to programming with knowledge of the Ti-84 Basic language for the Ti-84 calculator and I wanted to expand my horizons by learning to program on the computer. Since the Ti-84 basic language is similar, yet different to languages on the computer. Anyways, I was wondering what the best programming language was to start with and any good sites to start off with. Thanks.

Java, c++, and source pawn are good to start with.

I suggest stsrting out with tutorials.

The learning curve with coding is pretty hard to get over. 

Just now, MistaChang said:

Java, c++, and sorce pawn are good to start with.

I wouldn't really suggest java as a starting language nor c++ at least in my personal experience.

Python is the first language i started looking into. Codecademy was helpful for this. 

4 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

I wouldn't really suggest java as a starting language nor c++ at least in my personal experience.

This. 

Like Killer mentioned, Python is a good language to start, instead of Java, try Javascript which is much easier to learn and understand. Although I haven't tried this language out yet and I believe it's use is limited, Ruby is a good middle ground from what I've heard. 

15 hours ago, StickyStickman said:

I'm fairly new to programming with knowledge of the Ti-84 Basic language for the Ti-84 calculator and I wanted to expand my horizons by learning to program on the computer. Since the Ti-84 basic language is similar, yet different to languages on the computer. Anyways, I was wondering what the best programming language was to start with and any good sites to start off with. Thanks.

I personally started with c and moved up to c++, but i warn you that both of those are quite complex if you have no idea how to tackle them.

I heard python is pretty easy to get into, I started in web development with HTML/PHP/CSS/MySQL   they are all pretty basic to learn.