Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheOrangeGrape

JB Ideas

Me and a few others were thinking and pretty much everyone I talked to thought that it would be pretty nice that if we added a plugin or something that made it so t's were unmuted if there are less than 10 players online. Also I know people were already talking about this but adding basic lr as an addition to the custom lr's that we have. What do you guys think?

So basically you just knowingly made a thread repeating what has been said recently in other threads? The ideas are probably good. But we dont need to keep splitting the discussion between threads it makes it less likely a legit discussion will happen

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

if we added a plugin or something that made it so t's were unmuted if there are less than 10 players online

I can easily add something like this into the last ct plugin i made however @Moose know's a lot more about the specifics of the mute issue than me. It might / might not be do-able. 

1 minute ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

adding basic lr as an addition to the custom lr's that we have

Also I am working on a basic lr plugin as we speak? Unless you're talking about something else?

Just now, Bulldog said:

I think 10 or less is too many. I could see 6, and maybeeeeeeeee 8. Maybe..  

Jesus your font color choice is aids to read!

Admins can always mute mic spammers if need be. Think of it this way, on most servers there are 10+ on CT all with the ability to talk but choose not to for the gamemode and allowing the warden to make clear orders. The terrorists are the same way, if people abuse they can get muted.

On the PG server, no one is muted unless they abuse and it works out just fine.

Just now, Bulldog said:

But it also works having the Ts muted. And thanks. 

Yes but if we're looking at low pop situations on the server, people tend to stick around if they can freely communicate with others through voice.

We want people to stick around so that the server stays populated. We know that more people tend to join if there are already players playing in the server.

Just now, Travesty said:

...people tend to stick around if they can freely communicate with others through voice.

Maybe that's where I miss this concept as I don't like talking, nor do I really like to hear people talk. 

I'm just picturing my experience with War3... there are so many unneeded conversations all the time. 

Just now, Bulldog said:

Maybe that's where I miss this concept as I don't like talking, nor do I really like to hear people talk. 

I'm just picturing my experience with War3... there are so many unneeded conversations all the time. 

Well I suppose you have the option to disable voice if you want. The others who prefer communication don't have an option for early game.

Just now, Bulldog said:

Can't disable voice in JB, need to be able to hear those orders so I can disobey them. 

Hahaha while I can appreciate that there's:

Tab -> Block Communication

Too much work. I'm lazy asf. 
What about unmuting dead players so they can talk with each other? That makes sense. 

Just now, Bulldog said:

What about unmuting dead players so they can talk with each other? That makes sense. 

All the time or when there's under 10 people. All the time might get annoying real quick. If you die you come to a pit of yelling, screaming and complaining about being freekilled.

Simple fix for the issue

Server Pop <8 = Unmute all players at all times Including dead players.

Server pop 8> = Ts muted just like we have it now, dead players unmuted. If you dont want to hear dead players do a command such as !stopdead and it mutes all dead players. 

I think that's the best thing to do. 

Edit :
I dont know how to sign, you got the gist. 

Just now, Mark from Facebook said:

Server Pop >8 = Unmute all players at all times Including dead players.

Server pop 8< = Ts muted just like we have it now, dead players unmuted. If you dont want to hear dead players do a command such as !stopdead and it mutes all dead players. 

I think you got your greater/less than signs wrong

I'm thinking just unmuting the ALIVE t's with 10 or less players, which means about 5-7 t's I think same rules that apply to CT's should apply to them, if they mic spam or talk over warden, they should be warned or kicked.

giphy.gif

It may be good if there is admin controlling all that.If no i can already see guys spamming earrape music or some racist shit which you cant screenshot but have to record what is way harder.

But if there is no trolls there would be arguing guys was it freekill or no.

Less more there must be admin,but seems fun.

This is why JB has toxic players(including me sometimes),not everyone but enough,i went on other JB with 20+ players with 20min rounds,no rebellers voice chat used only for Repeat warden and to say some stuff but nothing too much.Guys dont rebell because they will get killed most likely and then they wait 20 mins so they just play games and enjoy the game.

This is just my opinion,i dont like that i called jb toxic,but that it is.