Sign in to follow this  
MistaChang

Urgent Changes For sG RPG Surf

Hey guys; I am really hoping we could make a few changes to our surf server and if a staff member could take some time to implement these changes, I would be really greatful, as would some regulars.

@bulletford You're the dude for this server so I am tagging you.

1.) Starting health starts at 100, even if you have max health. It used to be at 190(with max health) and now it starts at default.

(don't fix this yet, I am going to see other peoples stance on this.)

After a week of starting at 100 HP, I like prefer it like this, it is easier for newer people to actually kill you. I would like to keep it this way for now.

2.) Take the AFK kicker off, and just change it to spectate without kicking the player out. It is annoying when I am browsing the web and such, and it will make the server look more full, also AFK kicker can take away RPG points.

This is something I really want done for the server.

3.) Ice stab leaves behind a blue tower thing, which it shouldn't.

4.) Add in an ingame radio as I have had this brought up to me a few times.

People really want this.

5.) Lower the map time from 30+ minutes to 22.5, or 22 minutes, another request from regulars.

6.) New RPG stat, Regenerating Armor: 1 armor regen for 40 credits, 65 for two regeneration max.

I'm not sure if we want to implement this. However it feels like a good idea.

Bullet, if you want, you can decide those values.

7.) I will be finding new maps for the server, and requesting to take off "shitty maps" as regulars request depending on the map. This won't be for awhile.

8.) Fix !quake

9.) Give all new players 13 levels(50 credits), as this game mod sucks ass at level 0, and is almost impossible to enjoy.

10.) Double xp weekends.

11.) 100% refunds for selling RPG stats.

12.) can we add a command so if you type !spec, you will be moved to spectate?

Ideas are welcome!

EDIT: Changing values for the RPG stat.

Can someone move this to the RPG surf section of the forums please.

Edited by MistaChang

A lot of good ideas here. Instead of removing the afk kicker however, why not simply increase the duration you are allowed to be afk? Also In-game radio sounds pretty rad. Not sure how I feel about the armor regen. Maybe if it was worth A LOT more points (instead of 30) I would like the idea, however, I'm no regular sooo. 

Just now, fps_trucka said:

A lot of good ideas here. Instead of removing the afk kicker however, why not simply increase the duration you are allowed to be afk? Also In-game radio sounds pretty rad. Not sure how I feel about the armor regen. Maybe if it was worth A LOT more points (instead of 30) I would like the idea, however, I'm no regular sooo. 

I wanted the 1 armor regen to originally be at 40 credits, and 60 for two.

Also the AFK's can sit in spectate.

@bulletford

More suggestions.

Give all new players 13 levels(50 credits), as this game mod sucks ass at level 0, and is almost impossible to enjoy.

Double xp weekends.

100% refunds for selling RPG stats.

Edit: can we add a command so if you type !spec, you will be moved to spectater?

Can someone move this to the RPG surf section of the forums please.

Edited by MistaChang

An idea that a couple of regulars on the server have is to have the three second invulnerability to be comparable to official valve deathmatch servers. Instead of being able to shoot and move around while still having invulnerability, it could be that the instant you move or shoot you lose the invulnerability. 

Edited by Tex

36 minutes ago, MistaChang said:

Double xp weekends.

My time to shine boys. I'll do this if people think its a good idea.

Edited by fps_trucka
Maybe double xp is too much? How about 1.5x?

6 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

My time to shine boys. I'll do this if people think its a good idea.

Do whatever you feel is right my guy.

We can test 1.5x xp for sure.

Thanks for putting in an effort to help!

Edited by MistaChang

Just now, MistaChang said:

Do whatever you feel is right my guy.

We can test 1.5x xp for sure.

Thanks for putting in an effort to help!

Np, I made a weekend credit plugin already so simply replacing credits with the rpg xp stuff shouldn't take that much time at all. I just need to find out how the rpg plugin is used. 

dont know if this had been brought up yet but HP is broken it spawns you with only 100 hp when it should spawn you with more when you have bought the upgrade in the rpg menu 

2 hours ago, -Sharp- said:

dont know if this had been brought up yet but HP is broken it spawns you with only 100 hp when it should spawn you with more when you have bought the upgrade in the rpg menu 

Should this really be fixed though? If the point of this topic is to populate, we don't want new people rage quitting because someone with 190 health and max vampire comes and fucks you instantly when you spawn. I'm having just as good of a time letting my health regenerate to its max potential after I spawn with 100.

Just now, Tex said:

Should this really be fixed though? If the point of this topic is to populate, we don't want new people rage quitting because someone with 190 health and max vampire comes and fucks you instantly when you spawn. I'm having just as good of a time letting my health regenerate to its max potential after I spawn with 100.

That is actually a good point.

It does add more to the game mode, and when I am playing, lower levels can kill me no problem, however, when I get my full health, I wreck. 

I will ask a few regulars their opinions. For now I will put my number one fix on hold with an edit.

Oh another thing, we're the quake sounds removed intentionally. One thing I miss from the older days is hearing "HUMILIATION" over and over again when people get knife kills. It also added more sound to the server and for some reason people are entertained by sounds.

2 hours ago, MistaChang said:

That is actually a good point.

It does add more to the game mode, and when I am playing, lower levels can kill me no problem, however, when I get my full health, I wreck. 

I will ask a few regulars their opinions. For now I will put my number one fix on hold with an edit.

dont get me wrong it is a good point but it kinda takes the point away from buying hp and not getting spawn camped or jail camped when someone holding jail has say 200 HP and you have max health and you only have 100 also when you surf you can take fall DMG and that DMG can do more than 100 XD and kill you when you should live and it makes no sense to put low lvls in health because its better used in vamp then and or longjump or even damage and if armor regen gets put in then i would buy that too... not saying its not a bad idea but maybe just for a while becuase sooner or later i would like to have the HP i put credits in for and not having to shoot people to get it 

On 6/27/2017 at 0:22 AM, fps_trucka said:

DO NOT INCREASE OR REMOVE THE AFK CHECKER! people go afk then get their points farmed to 0 as it currently is. increasing afk timers will only make that problem worse, and a lot of the top people in surf rpg have very inflated scores due to them farming afks.

11 hours ago, Tex said:

Oh another thing, we're the quake sounds removed intentionally. One thing I miss from the older days is hearing "HUMILIATION" over and over again when people get knife kills. It also added more sound to the server and for some reason people are entertained by sounds.

i dont know if this is still the case or not but you should be able to type !quake and set that up yourself.

11 hours ago, Tex said:

i like the idea of everyone spawning the the same amount of health. sounds like people are going to have to choose between staying alive long enough to build up their health or jump right into combat. i would think that should make the gamemode easier for new players to invested in the server.