Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revöker

jb_tower_b8

@ElectronicDrug,

I Made some updates to jb_tower they include

-fixed scar armory bug

-fixed disco music spam bug

-adjusted skiprope buttons

-adjusted Last reaction

-upgraded roulette wheel (shouldn't have to guess which color the ball is on anymore)

-adjusted spleef to strip and give knives instead of using the ones on the wall thus losing your skin

-changed some lighting in some areas

-improved performance (by making areas that cannot be seen not render)

-added armor in armory

-added a minimap/radar

-added screenshot and description for loading

I've done minimal testing on this version but there shouldn't be any bugs.  If there are any please let me know.  This update was mainly for the disco spam bug, but I've thought about making more layout changes in the future for spleef and crazy asian driver because of those game's poor location, being near vent or too far away.

DOWNLAOD:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/87bldcmnda7z4nd/jb_tower_b8.7z

2 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

Why not? 

it makes it so the classic left click right click doesn't kill. Also makes it so whenever you do a game where it's ct vs. t unfair and you have to give/strip armor from the players. T's are already handicapped by not having weapons, why add armor to make it even harder?

4 hours ago, KiLLeR said:

it makes it so the classic left click right click doesn't kill. Also makes it so whenever you do a game where it's ct vs. t unfair and you have to give/strip armor from the players. T's are already handicapped by not having weapons, why add armor to make it even harder?

Conversely, when Ts do get guns, the CTs not having armor gives the Ts an enormous advantage. Since rebellers usually have the element of surprise, CTs get aim punched before they even see their attacker. Adding armor in armory gives them a chance to react and leads to fewer easy rebellions.

11 hours ago, thorgot said:

Conversely, when Ts do get guns, the CTs not having armor gives the Ts an enormous advantage. Since rebellers usually have the element of surprise, CTs get aim punched before they even see their attacker. Adding armor in armory gives them a chance to react and leads to fewer easy rebellions.

So since you've made some of our most popular maps, what's your opinion? I've always been of the mindset that the mapper included or excluded it for a reason. Some maps are easier to rebel and include armor for example, while the opposite is true on others. You also have made maps with and without armor so I'm curious to know what you think of it. 

Just now, Moose said:

So since you've made some of our most popular maps, what's your opinion? I've always been of the mindset that the mapper included or excluded it for a reason. Some maps are easier to rebel and include armor for example, while the opposite is true on others. You also have made maps with and without armor so I'm curious to know what you think of it. 

All of my maps have armor because JB is already so weighted towards rebelling that giving CTs a tiny bit more survivability is good.

1 hour ago, Moose said:

For me, it really depends on how easy it is for the Ts to quickly access rifles and get within close range of the CTs. If there are only pistols within the vicinity of the cellblock or vents, then I like leaving the CTs unarmored to give Ts a chance to kill from a distance.

On more compact maps where it's easy for Ts to break into the armory like Tower coincidentally enough, then providing the option of armor is not a bad idea.

1 hour ago, thorgot said:

All of my maps have armor because JB is already so weighted towards rebelling that giving CTs a tiny bit more survivability is good.

papas doesn't have armor, does it?

Just now, Dr Pepper said:

thats not thorgots map, he just updated it.

I know he's not the original author but he's been the one keeping it up to date. 

On 6/22/2017 at 5:48 PM, Revöker said:

@ElectronicDrug,

I Made some updates to jb_tower they include

-fixed scar armory bug

-fixed disco music spam bug

-adjusted skiprope buttons

-adjusted Last reaction

-upgraded roulette wheel (shouldn't have to guess which color the ball is on anymore)

-adjusted spleef to strip and give knives instead of using the ones on the wall thus losing your skin

-changed some lighting in some areas

-improved performance (by making areas that cannot be seen not render)

-added armor in armory

-added a minimap/radar

-added screenshot and description for loading

I've done minimal testing on this version but there shouldn't be any bugs.  If there are any please let me know.  This update was mainly for the disco spam bug, but I've thought about making more layout changes in the future for spleef and crazy asian driver because of those game's poor location, being near vent or too far away.

DOWNLAOD:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/87bldcmnda7z4nd/jb_tower_b8.7z

Thanks bro! I love tower! wish someone would make it my TTT go map for me!