Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmileyCat

Transgender Community

I don't care if you're trans. I do get irked by Trans people who act super offended when someone doesn't find them attractive or considers it odd.

If you're 20 years old when you transition, you've already developed physically as a male due to hormones. Your bone structure, muscle development, etc. by all means is that of a male. If you start taking estrogen and develop breasts, that doesn't mean you're a "woman" in the sense of physical looks. You still have the square jaw and build of a man, alongside the voice being different. By all biological means it isn't "normal" for a homo-sapien to change physical sex. Our bodies aren't equipped to do it like certain species of animals. People are going to find it odd and yes, you won't be treated normally by the vast majority of people. It's not because they're bigots, it's because it isn't natural whatsoever and somewhat awkward. I find irony in the general "YOU'RE A BIGOT AND HATEFUL PERSON" response because that group is literally a mirror of what it preaches against. People eventually get fed up with it and it just deepens the rift between groups.

I have an issue with LGBTQ only communities because in essence, it's segregation and moves us further away from solving the climate surrounding it. To clarify; I don't have an issue with LGBTQ groups, just when they limit it to only members of that community. There was a movement at my college to have a black only "safespace" which was literally segregation.

While I don't have an issue with transitioning, I do have a MASSIVE fucking issue with parents transitioning their kids at age 5 because he plays with barbies. That's way too fucking young for them to mentally even decide on that and there are millions of women who grew up as Tomboys who identify as women. There needs to be an age limit of some sort on transitioning because mentally children haven't developed to the point to decide.

In terms of gender identity, I think it's this generations Freud and Jung. The attack helicopter joke exists for a reason, there is valid criticism of it.

Oh and shameless pipe in for legal steroids. I don't understand why they aren't legal when transitioning is literally the same thing.

Legit don't care but as part of the military I believe people should go in as the gender they want to be IF they can pass the requirements for said gender. I also don't think if a male wants to be a female while they are serving , the government shouldn't have to pay for it. (Late reply but been busy lately)

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

I don't actually know much of what people who are trans go through TBH so I can't judge. So this works both ways. If you have an opinion of what anyone in the military thinks about this. Don't even try. There's a reason we break into female and male squads.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Just to preface I don't give a fuck what you do so long as it doesn't affect/hurt me.  "Don't Tread On Me"  Also I've been writing this for like the past week but I finally need to just submit it to turn off my computer so some parts might not be finished.

Gender (him/her/zim/zher)

For the most part I don't care what transgender people do, their business doesn't involve me so it isn't mine.  Transgender people are just like gay people in my mind; go do your thing, IDGAF.  The only problem I have is when arguments come into play about having to use someone else's pronouns.  Its really frustrating when a conversation has to be put on hold to argue about what pronouns you should be using about someone else.  Mostly because pronouns are usually used when the subject isn't around ["Did you see Kim's new fidget spinner?" "ya, he's been getting a lot lately"].  

I personally believe pronouns should be used to refer to someone's sex and not their gender.  There are masculine females, but that is what they are masculine females.  In a conversation we wouldn't refer to them as him.  

Honestly I'd be for neutral pronouns, but have them used for all parties and not just the "3rd gender".  Although I also think the current ones that are suggested "zim/zher" are kind of awkward to use.  That may be because we aren't used to them, but I still think it would be nearly impossible to get Americans to change and use them; just look at how the metric conversion is going for a comparison of change.

Evolution

Sex is for reproduction, It provides us almost no benefit for survival other than reproduction.  If sex wasn't pleasuring then we as a species probably would die out or be in fear of dieing out (See Pandas).  In terms of evolution logically thinking transgender/homosexuallity could be seem as a degration.  After all evolution just tries to throw everything it has to see what works, and natural selection does it's job and weeds out anything that failed.  So in an older society transgender/homosexuallity would die out simpliy because they produce no offspring.  In modern society however we don't require large numbers of people to survive so the few transgender/homosexual people we have don't affect us, what's more important now is the growth and development of children, not number of children.  So with all of society's transgender/homosexual people they could be of help through adoption.

Although at the end I think it is a bit of a tricky thing to claim that transgender/homosexuallity negatively or positively effect our evolution as a species.

Restrooms

I never understood this, you're going into the bathroom to take a shit/piss who cares if someone of another gender/sex is there? As others have said pervs will be pervs and if a coupe wants to have sex in the bathroom I don't think much is going to stop them.

Locker/Changing rooms

Something I think most people are missing here is the discussion about locker rooms.  I think this is where the separation of genders for bathrooms really started.  In a big locker/shower room there are going to be naked people changing or taking showers, so to reduce pervy looks and basic sexaul harrasment we seperate the genders.  But with transgender and homosexual this has made the separation be less effective.  What do we do in this situation?  I remember in high school we had to change in an open locker room to get ready for PT.  Should we just get rid of open locker rooms entirely?  Should we just combined them like restrooms?  I don't really have an opinion for this, I just see this as a bigger problem for the homosexal/transgender arguement.

Seems semi spicy, I'll shoot my opinion in.

My answer to OP's questions is simply put : I don't care with what you do with your body, your life, or anything that pertains to you, as long as it doesn't affect me.

Having said that I'm open minded to discussing my opinion and listening to others on what their side of the story is, my opinion with trans / gay community is its all fine and dandy, just don't shove it in my face.

Do not get offended if I look at you with a cringed look, or don't call you by what you want to be called. If you are trying to look like a female, but clearly still have a mustache and just look awkward, then yeah its weird dude, people will stare.  Born with a Penis? - Male     .....  Born with a Vagina? - Female  ... I will only call you by a male or female. No need to complex things.

@Dakka 's point, by nature, we have a penis and vagina to reproduce. period. end discussion.

Leaving a legacy isn't unnatural and a very popular opinion. Yes, if I had a son, and he wanted to identify as a female, and not have any biological kids, I would be pissed.

I want to leave a legacy behind, not have my bloodline just stop.

Yes, you can adopt, but its not the same, it's like Goku is your father and you adopt Yamcha. Shit just ain't the same.

I agree with what someone said in a earlier post about these communities becoming cancerous. Some have the "If you don't agree with me you are wrong" mentality. Others just segregate themselves which makes us divide more than it does come together.

Probably some other shit I wanted to say but I don't feel like going back into earlier discussion to read.

uhh, bathrooms I'm not really sure what my opinion is, if you identify as a female, and look like a female, just go to the girls room. vice versa I suppose.

Just now, Gashbell said:

Seems semi spicy, I'll shoot my opinion in.

My answer to OP's questions is simply put : I don't care with what you do with your body, your life, or anything that pertains to you, as long as it doesn't affect me.

Having said that I'm open minded to discussing my opinion and listening to others on what their side of the story is, my opinion with trans / gay community is its all fine and dandy, just don't shove it in my face.

Do not get offended if I look at you with a cringed look, or don't call you by what you want to be called. If you are trying to look like a female, but clearly still have a mustache and just look awkward, then yeah its weird dude, people will stare.  Born with a Penis? - Male     .....  Born with a Vagina? - Female  ... I will only call you by a male or female. No need to complex things.

@Dakka 's point, by nature, we have a penis and vagina to reproduce. period. end discussion.

Leaving a legacy isn't unnatural and a very popular opinion. Yes, if I had a son, and he wanted to identify as a female, and not have any biological kids, I would be pissed.

I want to leave a legacy behind, not have my bloodline just stop.

Yes, you can adopt, but its not the same, it's like Goku is your father and you adopt Yamcha. Shit just ain't the same.

I agree with what someone said in a earlier post about these communities becoming cancerous. Some have the "If you don't agree with me you are wrong" mentality. Others just segregate themselves which makes us divide more than it does come together.

Probably some other shit I wanted to say but I don't feel like going back into earlier discussion to read.

uhh, bathrooms I'm not really sure what my opinion is, if you identify as a female, and look like a female, just go to the girls room. vice versa I suppose.

I kind of agree with this although if people identify as something other than what they were born as or just want me to call them something else, I would. I agree that people shouldn't just shove it in people's faces, though.. Just because people might not agree on the same thing which we know is going to be the case, shouldn't mean that we should just shove our opinions in the other's face and just want to fight with them just because they don't agree with us.

17 hours ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

I kind of agree with this although if people identify as something other than what they were born as or just want me to call them something else, I would. I agree that people shouldn't just shove it in people's faces, though.. Just because people might not agree on the same thing which we know is going to be the case, shouldn't mean that we should just shove our opinions in the other's face and just want to fight with them just because they don't agree with us.

This world would be a very boring place if people just agreed with everything and not cause a fuss or argument.

I guess to expand on my opinion of what to be called, I think I was mostly referring to if they wanted to be called something other than male or female.

If you want to identify as a male, and look like a male, then I will probably call you a male. If you want to identify as a female, and look like a man, ill probably call you a male.

Sure I might be in the wrong depending on people's opinion, but ehh, whatever. lol

Just now, Gashbell said:

This world would be a very boring place if people just agreed with everything and not cause a fuss or argument.

I guess to expand on my opinion of what to be called, I think I was mostly referring to if they wanted to be called something other than male or female.

If you want to identify as a male, and look like a male, then I will probably call you a male. If you want to identify as a female, and look like a man, ill probably call you a male.

Sure I might be in the wrong depending on people's opinion, but ehh, whatever. lol

you're just trying to justify shitty transphobic logic lol

Just now, gemma said:

you're just trying to justify shitty transphobic logic lol

Nah, I don't even know what the transphobic logic is, don't look into any of this, nor do I really care, just giving my opinion and chiming in on the discussion of what I think.

I know I'm late to this but I am very pleased to see such civilized and encouraged discussion amongst individuals from so many different walks of life.

Rather than seeing immature name calling and insulting eachother (which I'll say, I expected) this shows that this community has a lot of people willing to discuss/debate controversial topics and i really respect and appreciate that :)

11 minutes ago, zuggie24 said:

I know I'm late to this but I am very pleased to see such civilized and encouraged discussion amongst individuals from so manye different walks of life.

Rather than seeing immature name calling and insulting eachother (which I'll say, I expected) this shows that this community has a lot of people willing to discuss/debate controversial topics and i really respect and appreciate that :)

We may come across as a community of trolls, well... we are a community of trolls. But we look out for each other for the most part, debates and topics such as this are something we try to be very respectful of. Again, for the most part.