Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revöker

Current state of the JB rules

JB rules  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Have you read the rules?

2. 2. How long until you read the rules?

• As soon as i joined the server (within 6 game hrs)
    • after a few days of playing (24 game hrs)
    • after a few weekends of playing (48 game hrs = 3d)
    • after a few weeks of playing (96 game hrs = 4d)
    • after a few months of playing (240 game hrs = 10d)
    • after a few years of playing (480 game hrs = 20d)
    • Still haven't read the rules, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME
    • N/A
  3. 3. What is your current thought on the set of rules (comment more info)

• N/A - no opinion
    • Too detailed
    • Too confusing/complex
    • Too long
    • Too simple (need more detail and explanation)
    • Good as they are
    • Hard to find specific rules
    • Need more color

Me and @Pike have been talking about the current set of JB rules and wondering if they are clear and easy to read, or if players just look at it, see a wall of text, and decide not to read them.  So how many of you guys have actually read the rules? if so how long did you play until reading them.  What was your first thought when looking through them?  Was it not clear enough or something like that?  Should we change how the rules read and if so in what way?

I have read the rules but I played like 2 months or so before actually reading them . I thought it was too long and my lazy ass did not want to read it but I did. I say it was pretty straight forward but maybe keep it shorter and straight to the point. Like if a rule is stated that's it no "what if" situations and there, but if there is another variable to it like if the server is below 10 or if it has more blah blah blah then you should add more clarification for special terms that can be applied.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I have read them personally a few times when I want to check a rule

I learned most from playing for few weeks but i read it once during 10 min. round. And maby add few more rules on some maps for secrets/vents because someone claims that it is for slay some don't and then it comes to fight.

I find it hard to find some specific rules when I need to clarify something.

Usually it will take me 1 or 2 rounds to find the rule.

15 hours ago, Revöker said:

Me and @Pike have been talking about the current set of JB rules and wondering if they are clear and easy to read, or if players just look at it, see a wall of text, and decide not to read them.  So how many of you guys have actually read the rules? if so how long did you play until reading them.  What was your first thought when looking through them?  Was it not clear enough or something like that?  Should we change how the rules read and if so in what way?

I have read the rules. I usually wait a few days or a week before reading them again, or when someone including me doesn't know the exact rule for something. My first thought when I just joined the server, I thought that they were a lot of rules, so I just read them whenever I died/was waiting somewhere until I was finished reading the rules. I believe it was clear enough at the beginning, but there are still some rules that I think could use some more explaining. It's hard because I feel like some rules could become more simpe but I think some could use some more explanation. 

I also agree with sponsored. it can take too long sometimes if I look for a specific rule.

There isn't really anything you can do besides formatting the rules to make it easier to find specific passages. I really think most players will not read and basically just learn as they go. Making this issue not that big of a deal. You cant force someone to read the rules (yes there's a command for that) but still people won't read them even if formatting changed.