Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

JB Vote thread part 2

Rounds Per map (no x invalid vote)  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many rounds per map?

I believe 6 is a round and healthy number for rounds per map. Is it 9 now? I think that if we change it to 6 and people think its too little we can fall back to 8 more easily rather than going from 10-9-8 and then  to 6 at a later point?

I think a lot of people don't like the maps or the new guys don't know the names of the good ones. So the shit one becomes the map and depops the server really fast

14 hours ago, Booch said:

I think a lot of people don't like the maps or the new guys don't know the names of the good ones. So the shit one becomes the map and depops the server really fast

People can RTV if they want to.

I think having maps change quicker is better to keep people sticking around. Personally I think 6 is healthy. If we're looking at testing shit out, lets go to 6 and see how the server handles it or what people think. Then if people think its too fast of a map change, we can fall back to 8, like @Don Juan said.

It seems like a really simple fix by just changing one command in the server. I don't see why we should just try out something shorter and change it back if need be.

@Iherdcows can you please make the vote public?

As well anything happening with the other vote?

If you're looking to see who voted for what, thats not happening. I tested in incognito mode and saw that the winning result could be seen. The other vote, keeping no detour no delays won, however it'll probably still be removed. The point of it, other than adding another way for terrorist to rebel, was to act as a barrier to new cts, and the ones that were willing to learn the rules would stay. We arent getting many new players, which is why It'll probably be removed.

Just now, Iherdcows said:

If you're looking to see who voted for what, thats not happening.

How come?

1 minute ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Because the vote could be biased, some people might just vote on the one others are voting for. 

Lol if you wanted to remove that you wouldn't be able to tell how many people voted for what.

On 6/4/2017 at 5:44 AM, Iherdcows said:

If you're looking to see who voted for what, thats not happening. I tested in incognito mode and saw that the winning result could be seen. The other vote, keeping no detour no delays won, however it'll probably still be removed. The point of it, other than adding another way for terrorist to rebel, was to act as a barrier to new cts, and the ones that were willing to learn the rules would stay. We arent getting many new players, which is why It'll probably be removed.

Interesting point, there used to be too many new players that would clog up CT and make people leave because they sucked.

And about the vote thing, you can always see what the winning vote is before you vote.  So I don't see what you're getting at about seeing who voted for what.  Since this isn't opinions about other people (which tend to skew opinions so they don't hurt other's feelings) I don't see any good reason to not let it be public since doing so should provide more discussion.

But to the matter of the rounds.  I think 8 is a good compromise for now, 6 is too short and would cause new players to leave because they'd have to download a shit ton more maps making their wait time that much longer.  And older players will get more refreshing maps more often than 10 rounds.  I also tried to check out what other servers were running with and they vary quite a lot, I saw rounds of 6 to 30 as well as a shitty single map server.

While I agree 8 is a good compromise, I don't think it will do anything to change our population. Changing it to 6 and seeing how it goes seems like a better route if we want to see change. If it's too quick, it can be changed to 8. If fastdl is working as intended, it doesn't take that long to download a new map.

Maybe instead of round based make it time based on a map and there is a final round when time runs out