Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fps_trucka

What's going on?

I know I personally have not been on lately on the server lately, but what happened? We were doing great with pop during the jb event then we dropped to over 3k server rank? What's going on? I know before the event we were doing great too? 

No one gets on OrangeGrape asks people on discord and everyone says it sucks. FeelsBadMan

I mean it is final times for school and shit maybe during the summer. I haven't been and I love the server but school.comes first

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I try to populate the server by just getting on, but it usually doesn't populate... maybe to like 4 people then we start disconnecting again, I don't know what's happening either, really. Maybe we should think of ways to populate it again. Maybe like, bonus credits or another event or something... adding skins back, lol idk

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

I try to populate the server by just getting on, but it usually doesn't populate... maybe to like 4 people then we start disconnecting again, I don't know what's happening either, really. Maybe we should think of ways to populate it again. Maybe like, bonus credits or another event or something... adding skins back, lol idk

I don't think those ideas will work. An event maybe killed more pop than it added. I think people started to get burned out after playing for the event prizes. Also skins won't really help nor the credits.

Just now, fps_trucka said:

I don't think those ideas will work. An event maybe killed more pop than it added. I think people started to get burned out after playing for the event prizes. Also skins won't really help nor the credits.

Any other ideas? :c

Just now, TheOrangeGrape said:

Any other ideas? :c

We really need to just have admins on whenever there are players. If people are forced to do the same basic fds or can't do a custom lr I can see why the pop is dead. However I don't know if this is an issue or not. We really just need people to keep playing. I'm just wondering why they aren't. 

I agree. I'm admin and whenever I see 1+ players I usually get on, I also get on several times each day when there are 0 players, but still it usually doesn't populate. The more admins online, the better, I think. I've also noticed several new players trying the server even when the population are low.

How about a plugin that unmutes all players if below 10~ people? Keep people in the server at least chatting to each other.

As well shortening the amount of rounds on a map keeps this flowing nicely rather than having to wait an hour for a new map. Keep the new maps coming making people stick around. My suggestion would be to make maxrounds 6.

Honestly it doesn't even hurt to just try at this point because we usually have an empty server. @Iherdcows

Just now, Travesty said:

How about a plugin that unmutes all players if below 10~ people? Keep people in the server at least chatting to each other.

As well shortening the amount of rounds on a map keeps this flowing nicely rather than having to wait an hour for a new map. Keep the new maps coming making people stick around. My suggestion would be to make maxrounds 6.

I think that's a good idea, I'm not sure if you should mute once we get 6 or 10 players, though. I think I would lean towards 6.

@Iherdcows did anything come from that vote thread you made? 

@Pike Anything you would like to add? 

@Sponsored @Dr Pepper @Groot @Grayson Levi @all the jb so's. 

You guys see any problems or anything to add? 

Normally having no one on isn't a huge deal but going from 1.3k ranking to 3.2 in less than a month is pretty insane and really something needs to be done. 

Normally having no one on isn't a huge deal but going from 1.3k ranking to 3.2 in less than a month is pretty insane and really something needs to be done. 

I was on last night, mass invited and the server was at 3. People haven't been on much since the csgo update. Maybe it will improve if we set out a time to get on and follow through. I'm not sure really what the problem is exactly but whatever solution there is I'll help with.

Isn't this fixed on the other servers? 

Yeah it is

Just now, Travesty said:

Yeah it is

@Pike you are probably busy with finals or life but here's something for the to do list. Whenever you get the time. 

I think finals is one of the biggest reasons here, this is why I have not been on that much lately.

I think that, people, including me, just have to realize that if you join the server, probably more people will also. Leading to the server becoming more and more populated. Like rex said, people don't really want to get on if there aren't 10+ players, but if you get on, most likely, more people will also then eventually it will become more populated. Especially if it's a good map and cts are fun and know the rules. ;p

6 hours ago, TheOrangeGrape said:

I think that's a good idea, I'm not sure if you should mute once we get 6 or 10 players, though. I think I would lean towards 6.

6 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

Hmm, I recently heard something on teamspeak (it was either Cows or Mimic) stating something about sG members having immunity to non-sg paidmins, as well as having very limited admin powers starting at L2 instead of L3 (when approved).

My Ideas for these low level admins are as follows;

L2 Admins would have access to the most basic commands and features (depending on the server) such as; beacon, slay, admin chat, [L2-O] (level 2 officer) tag or whatever ([L2-O]Example: no afk in armory thx), vote, and maybe a few more commands just for the most basic moderation. This Level 2 Officer would also have about equal power to an L3 but having the power confined to a single server (similar to SO). Any abuse of this system (harmful abuse) after 3 warnings will revoke your admin privilege as well as lower chances for leveling up or getting SO privilege. This could also act as a "intern" for server officers.

L2 Admins will be subject to approval and must show some understanding of the rules of a specified server. This process would be somewhat similar to getting a server officer position though less rigorous. This would be similar to a server-based hierarchy with Staff being "Supreme rule of the land", SO's being in a "Co-leader" position, Level 2 Officers being marked equal with less commands as to L3+, Paidmins, Player.

Hmm, I recently heard something on teamspeak (it was either Cows or Mimic) stating something about sG members having immunity to non-sg paidmins, as well as having very limited admin powers starting at L2 instead of L3 (when approved).

My Ideas for these low level admins are as follows;
L2 Admins would have access to the most basic commands and features; beacon, slay, admin chat, [L2-A] tag or whatever ([L2-A]Example: no afk in armory thx) , vote, and maybe a few more commands just for the most basic moderation. Any abuse of this system (harmful abuse) after 2 warnings will revoke your admin privilege for 1 year and makes SO or Level up recruitment require at least 2 more staff members for the next 2 years. This addresses the problem with paidmins somewhat and also allows more privileges when joining sG. 

L2 Admins will be subject to approval and must show some understanding of the rules of a specified server. This process would be somewhat similar to getting a server officer position though less rigorous.

I agree with this I mean there is even a staff vote for L2 so why not basic commands that can help basic moderation even beacon will help.

9 hours ago, fps_trucka said:

id say the biggest issue right now is finals and the new operation, and alot of people want to play with staff members more often.