Sign in to follow this  
Agent

Bunny-hopping with Hostage

I think most of the community can agree that one should not be able to bunny hop with the hostage. I'd say a good change would be to make it so that whoever picks up the hostage has their character speed limit set to regular hostage-carrying speed, like it was before.

3 hours ago, Agent said:

I think most of the community can agree that one should not be able to bunny hop with the hostage. I'd say a good change would be to make it so that whoever picks up the hostage has their character speed limit set to regular hostage-carrying speed, like it was before.

Just fuck em up with your knife or gun.. or .. 

Learn 2 bhop?

Learn to bhop and you will be fine its extremely easy now, I can bhop quite well imo so i use it to my advantage 

This is a tough one, with proper play this isn't a problem. On the other hand, with what people are used to, this is OP.

The whole thing about this bhopping is that it's a HUGE change to server balance, everything is much more fast paced. Due to the increase in mobility, knife races have seen the most benefit. But that doesn't mean that they're the only ones, everyone can bhop equally, it's just another personal skill that was introduced. Counter picking is going to be A LOT more important in this "meta", anti-mobility races are going to be more important than they ever have been.

Now, I wouldn't be opposed to a movement speed debuff when you have a hostage (if this is possible), but I don't feel a full normal move speed is called for. Look at knife races that aren't tanky, most people will avoid getting hostages due to the fact that they can't use their survivability/movement abilities w/ the hostage. At least w/ bhop they have a chance of surviving or rescuing the hostage, right now they would have to play mind games and completely outplay the person w/ a gun despite how much better they may be.

Well that was a huge rant that kinda gave my opinion on bhop, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I am an experience bhopper and have many hundreds of hours on bhop servers, I think a lot of skill comes into play when navigating confined spaces such as doorways and hallways weaving properly as to maintain speed and going through the doorways. I like that it adds another element of skill and I would hate to see it taken away, the old movement just feels bad and sticky.

I remember on a map in ze (think it was sky athletic) where there was an anti-bhop script put in that basically meant whenever you attempted to b-hop the map would force you downward which while it wouldn't hinder a jump, it would prevent the speed boost from a b-hop and make it difficult to see (due to what would look like a downward push on your screen). Perhaps that could be implemented into the server whenever someone has a hostage to prevent b-hopping.