Sign in to follow this  
B-cock #1

Can We Download All Maps?

Me and some other people have been having problems connecting to the server due to downloading maps, I tried console commands and no luck. I keep having to go to GameBanana and download the maps, this is just a pain when I keep having to do it for multiple maps.

Is there a way we can download all the maps for each server all in one go through FTP or just a zip? Possible to restrict it to user classes if you think it would get abused somehow?

Being able to download all maps from a link or a torrent of a kind would be awesome. Especially if like me, you like to format often.

The hardest part about this is for some servers it is pretty constant removal and addition of maps. If for whatever reason it fails you can always go to the url it says in console, and it almost always works, assuming fastdl isn't down. It's hard to say why a particular user can't download from the server, it's usually something in their settings that they've messed with :) .

For example, this is the War3 FastDL URL: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98110969/fastdl/7729/. If you add on maps/<insert mapname here>.bsp.bz2 you would download the map that is on the server. Unfortunately they recently changed the setup for customer privacy, as we used to be able to just go to this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98110969/fastdl/7729/maps/ and it would then list every map on the server, and you could get the ones you needed. Now that will 404 on you if you don't provide an exact map name.

From my perspective it does seem like we are getting more people failing to DL things from war3 since the move - I'd be curious if someone without all the war3 files tried to join, if we're failing just on maps, or anything from FastDL.. I'll look into it more, and see if we can resolve this to any extent on our end.

27 minutes ago, ctark said:

Just curious, what error / issue are you actually having?

When I try to load into a map, it will say the map.bsp (or whatever, can't remember) in the lower left at 25/50/75/100% then the continue will pop-up  but you're unable to click it, you will then go into the main menu with a message saying "Missing Map map.ext Disconnecting".

I wasn't sure since the map files are publicly downloadable, if we could get access to that entire directory and just download all the map files through FTP or something, if you wanted to get fancy I guess you could setup an SVN or whatever to automatically download from user end. Just some thoughts.

There was a config error.  It is now fixed but needs server restart to apply. (Or maybe a map change).

Our quality assurance department is slacking.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just now, ctark said:

There was a config error.  It is now fixed but needs server restart to apply. (Or maybe a map change).

Our quality assurance department is slacking.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yo it's hard to be the QA person for your own work. Next time I'll just leave the server broke :(