Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Bombing in Manchester at Ariana Grande Concert

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-police-explosion-ariana-grande-concert-england

At least 22 people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured in a suicide bombing at a crowded pop concert in Manchester, the most deadly attack in Britain in a decade.

The horror unfolded at about 10.30pm on Monday at the end of a concert by the American singer Ariana Grande, whose music is popular with children and teenagers.

The attack, which took place in the foyer, left hundreds of people fleeing in terror, with young people at the concert separated from their parents in the chaos. It left carnage inside the concert venue, with medics describing treating wounds consistent with shrapnel injury.

Just now, Travesty said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-police-explosion-ariana-grande-concert-england

At least 22 people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured in a suicide bombing at a crowded pop concert in Manchester, the most deadly attack in Britain in a decade.

The horror unfolded at about 10.30pm on Monday at the end of a concert by the American singer Ariana Grande, whose music is popular with children and teenagers.

The attack, which took place in the foyer, left hundreds of people fleeing in terror, with young people at the concert separated from their parents in the chaos. It left carnage inside the concert venue, with medics describing treating wounds consistent with shrapnel injury.

They've described the bombs as being made up of nuts, bolts, screws etc...

As much as I don't like a conspircary theory... bit strange that this happens just as Theresa May is losing her own snap election. New campaign "England is strong"

Really sad story people dying before they can even react. Prayers are out to all their families.

This is horrible. People are horrible. When people murder other people it's always evil but it takes a special kind of psychopath to murder innocent random people just to make a point.

41 minutes ago, Rayne said:

They've described the bombs as being made up of nuts, bolts, screws etc...

As much as I don't like a conspircary theory... bit strange that this happens just as Theresa May is losing her own snap election. New campaign "England is strong"

Adding "shrapnel" to improvised explosives is nothing new and not even something islamic terrorists came up with. It increases the destructive power as there is no good way to get the sheer physical amount of any explosive to cause a wide radius of damage. What you typically see is military grade things in videos but anything you can cook up and carry would be very localized unless you add something that basically makes it a 360 degree shotgun.

Many people are coming up with that conspiracy theory because of the location and election. However, it has been none for years that there was general messages sent out to sleeper cells or any stupid psychotic individuals to attack any event with many people. The news only told the public about that a couple months ago. Another thing they revealed is on top of that message they also recommended to set off a small explosion to cause the crowds to panic and go in the direction they want and bunch up to a bottleneck and then either set off another one there, gun down people, or drive a vehicle into the crowd.

So, god forbid anyone reading this would have to experience any shit like that but I'd say the best bet if shit goes down close to you(not in your exact spot) is to just stay the fuck where you are for a awhile and/or head somewhere away that isn't obvious and where the whole crowd is trying to escape to.

These acts are horrible and make me sick. I'm not sure what god they are following but it sure as shit isn't the one that christians, jews, and non-evil islamic people share. 

10 minutes ago, Travesty said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/

Salman Abedi.

Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

This is an all to familiar story. Parents flee and want a better life. Children get mad as they feel they lost their customs and traditions which they never really learned about or grew up around since their parents fled. They get in with the radicals who convince them their parents are destroying their culture and don't practice true Islam. Kids get into it more and more till they are turned and used by terrorists because they have been convinced we are destroying their culture and old ways and infidels who god says must die for not following "true Islam" or some such bullshit. 

Gee, feels great to be a Muslim in this community when a tragedy strikes...

@centran I disagree with your assesment. I don't think it's a lack of culture or tradition, it's the destruction of it. This bastard is from Libyan. Libiya was the center of a massive uprising not too long ago. Fleeing your country takes a big toll on you mentally. It's being told that when you leave one place to go to another, that you aren't one of them, that you're different and don't belong. There's too much fear and hate going around and that's causing people who don't belong to gravitate to people who will accept them. I'm a Palestinian American. my family fled to Jordan after the Nekbeh in the 40's. My immediate family came to the US in '92, and I grew up in a mostly white, nuclear suburb. I dealt with a lot of the same shit. "You aren't one of us, you're brown". But the same shit when I visit family overseas, "You're American, you aren't one of us". I'm lucky because I had so many chances and opportunities to do what I wanted to do, while being involved in my hometown's community. Salman was the same age as me. We took different paths. He chose exceedingly poorly. 

11 minutes ago, Travesty said:

How we see Howard Dean:

1023770268.jpg

How Howard sees us:

I would have given you an upvote if you actually had drone footage and not Apache footage.

2 minutes ago, Howard Dean said:

I would have given you an upvote if you actually had drone footage and not Apache footage.

I guess I'm just as ignorant as you :D

49 minutes ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

This bastard is from Libyan. Libiya was the center of a massive uprising not too long ago. Fleeing your country takes a big toll on you mentally.

He was actually born in Manchester, England by the way.

"Abedi born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community that was known for its strong opposition to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime."

"A school friend told The Times: "He went to Libya three weeks ago and came back recently, like days ago."

I guess I'm just as ignorant as you

Only the ignorant can call others ignorant. The left uses that come back all the time and I would've thought people here were better than that. I'm actually more interested in the timing of Katy Perry's idiotic stunt. She tried pushing an open borders policy idea not even a week after this disgusting trash did what he did. Maybe this event will open eyes and force countries to put their foot forward and end this crap. No child or innocent deserves to die.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Just now, Arctic Freeze said:

Only the ignorant can call others ignorant. The left uses that come back all the time and I would've thought people here were better than that. I'm actually more interested in the timing of Katy Perry's idiotic stunt. She tried pushing an open borders policy idea not even a week after this disgusting trash did what he did. Maybe this event will open eyes and force countries to put their foot forward and end this crap. No child or innocent deserves to die.

What do borders have to do with it?

What do borders have to do with it?

Hm? I said I was just more interested in the bad timing.

That comment was more directed at the ignorance crap for another opinion you don't agree with.

19 minutes ago, Arctic Freeze said:

Maybe this event will open eyes and force countries to put their foot forward and end this crap.

In your eyes, what's the solution to 'ending this crap'?

In your eyes, what's the solution to 'ending this crap'?

The only solution to slow down this is to cut off the heads. Though sadly the heads will always grow back eventually since war, killing and hatred is human nature. I won't say "bomb the shit out of them or nuke them" because that's just pure idiocy. Though when you have little kids asking other countries to help that's something we shouldn't ignore.

Cutting off the heads is easier said then done. The closest we've been to killing the heads was the MOAB dropped recently that killed some targets.

Just now, Arctic Freeze said:

Cutting off the heads is easier said then done. The closest we've been to killing the heads was the MOAB dropped recently that killed some targets.

Yeah I suppose we could file this under the enduring "why do they hate us" mystery:

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/867764820417949696

Just now, Travesty said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/manchester-arena-bomber-salman-abedi-10498466

Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi 'was banned from mosque after accusing Imam of "talking b*****ks" in anti-ISIS sermon'

I'm not sure what the censored word is, in English or Arabic... 

But what's your stance on extremists and all of this? 

1 minute ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I'm not sure what the censored word is, in English or Arabic... 

I believe it's the English term "bollocks"