Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Nom Noms

Star Wars The Last Jedi Trailer

Already have lots of theories about it. I think based on alot of the cryptic rumors and hints they've given that this movie deals with the idea the jedi have a dark past and weren't always good. Possibly Snoke is the last of the original jedi because they've said hes possibly ancient

Just now, Detective Nom Noms said:

Care to elaborate? What made Rogue One weak?

I liked rogue one but one thing it did lack was some character development. Besides from Jyn, you didn't really care if some of the people died. IMO at least.

Just now, fps_trucka said:

I liked rogue one but one thing it did lack was some character development. Besides from Jyn, you didn't really care if some of the people died. IMO at least.

I can definitely agree to that. I was hoping for a true reason to care about them as individuals. I ended up caring for the team and the goal more so than each specific person.

I gave that a pass because it was a small story about the grand scheme of the saga, but I do wish it delve deeper.

15 minutes ago, ezbakeoven_odom said:

Awesome trailer! As long as it is better than Rogue One.. That shit was weak.

Wtf! I thought Rouge One was better than The Force Awakens!

Only thing that wasn't in Rouge One was the character development, but I didn't really expect there to be much anyway because the movie focused more on the mission, and not the characters. 

Anyways, the Last Jedi trailer doesn't look too terrible! Not gonna say it looks super amazing just yet, but still can't wait to see it!

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

I thought Rouge One was better

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

wasn't in Rouge One was

WutFace

Looks like we finally get a good, large-scale space battle

S H I T I S L I T B O I S

Not sure what Luke means by the end of the Jedi. I hope its not what I think it means. In order to be a balance, there must be two opposing forces, if the Jedi were to disappear, that balance would break. Or maybe instead of following the strict Jedi code, he means create a new order, like in the books?

Just now, Sith said:

Looks like we finally get a good, large-scale space battle

S H I T I S L I T B O I S

Not sure what Luke means by the end of the Jedi. I hope its not what I think it means. In order to be a balance, there must be two opposing forces, if the Jedi were to disappear, that balance would break. Or maybe instead of following the strict Jedi code, he means create a new order, like in the books?

My 2 theories. The Jedi as we know them are not the true Jedi.  The place luke is hiding is the original jedi temple where presumably he learned about the origins of the jedi and possibly learned more than even yoda  about their history. It's possible the ancient Jedi were very different and not necessarily light side. It's possible snoke  is the original jedi or a descendant. This means luke wants to kill snoke and end the "true jedi". The other theory is that luke has determined the dark side exists because the light does. And if the Jedi fall along with the dark side /sith the dark side is dead forever as well because the dark always comes from converted light side users generally. Luke wants to break the cycle and end it all.

Just now, Travesty said:

TIL someone in the world actually liked Rogue One better than Force Awakens

:thinking:

Honestly I think quite a few people fit this category.  Force Awakens was pretty meh IMO

Looks like they´re working on making Kylo more evil looking and less an edgy teen, which I approve personally. 

Also, $50 on Rey losing her right arm this film. 

I betcha XIII will parallel with V: Student and master train in remote location while the student's friends lead the fight against the forces of the Dark Side -> student wants to go rescue friends -> master says student isn't ready -> student leaves and joins the battle -> student duels masked sith lord who was once a jedi (in the case of XIII, a jedi-in-training I suppose. But then again Anakin never rose above padawan either). 

The parallel would also jive with the Star Wars Ring Theory.

14 hours ago, Darren said:

Hmm. For some reason I thought he was denied the rank. 

He was denied the rank of Master, he never rose above Jedi Knight. This was not a traditional promotion because he was accepted on the Jedi Council, but was deemed to immature to be called a master.

Anyways, I'd like to point out a cool thing I noticed in the trailers.

YgmZqWI.jpg

The reflection of Kylo's saber acts almost as a statement of progression to his Sith status.