Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sweetrock

US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan

We're not even pretending anymore to give a fuck about potential civilian casualties anymore. We used this entirely as a propaganda move because Trump knows dumbasses  will think it shows strength. Just using these bomb probably created more terrorists than it killed 

So they dropped a MOAB to take out ISIS tunnels? (according to the article)... So let me get this straight... an AIR BURST non penetrating munition to destroy bunkers/tunnels??? Something isn't adding up here. 

I'm going to go with they dropped it over an ISIS training camp and want the media to report they where just taking out tunnels and installations rather then say they dropped it over a camp to completely vaporize people.

51 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

We're not even pretending anymore to give a fuck about potential civilian casualties anymore. We used this entirely as a propaganda move because Trump knows dumbasses  will think it shows strength. Just using these bomb probably created more terrorists than it killed 

ALL THOSE POOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE TUNNELS, WHY WONT ANYONE STOP TRUMP!!!!!!

real talk what "civilians" do you think were targeted in the bombing of some fucking tunnels. It's not like he bombed some village or city, the picture they show looks like its in the middle of fucking nowhere.

"“US forces took every precaution to avoid civilian casualties with this strike. US Forces will continue offensive operations until ISIS-K is destroyed in Afghanistan,” read the statement from US Forces Afghanistan."

"the extent of the damage and whether anyone was killed is not yet clear. The military is currently conducting an assessment."

Like you don't even know what happened and you just start talking like he murdered innocent children or something.

Just now, Renegade said:

ALL THOSE POOR CHILDREN LIVING IN THE TUNNELS, WHY WONT ANYONE STOP TRUMP!!!!!!

real talk what "civilians" do you think were targeted in the bombing of some fucking tunnels. It's not like he bombed some village or city, the picture they show looks like its in the middle of fucking nowhere.

"“US forces took every precaution to avoid civilian casualties with this strike. US Forces will continue offensive operations until ISIS-K is destroyed in Afghanistan,” read the statement from US Forces Afghanistan."

"the extent of the damage and whether anyone was killed is not yet clear. The military is currently conducting an assessment."

Like you don't even know what happened and you just start talking like he murdered innocent children or something.

The area of devastation from a weapon like this covers a wide area. You're forgetting there's tons of land above those tunnels. Afghanistan has tons of people that move around even in desolate areas to either get somewhere or as herders.There's no way we had absolute confirmation that the area was clear of civilians and that's why I said potential civilian casualties.   There's really no reason to use a bomb this big for the first time except to try bragging we did it. Why not use standard conventional weapons or even send in troops quick and potentially get valuable Intel or prisoners ? We can't win  a war playing wack a mole like we've been trying for 16 years. And like i said when ISIS goes out recruiting and says look the Americans dropped what's basically a  small nuke on your country help us fight back that will get them recruits 

Should have went with the nukes. 59 of them, spread out so the blast zones just overlap each other. FeelsAmazingMan

Then we could focus on fighting over North America in a nuclear winter. Us Canadians are already prepared for the cold, and most of our shit is hand cranked or diesel, so emps are useless against us. Since as long as there are two people left alive they will have something to fight about.

Just now, Fugner said:

Nope.

To normal civilians living in small villages what sort of language do you think ISIS will use? They'd make it sound like the US was demolishing the country. I obviously understand the difference but people there shown pictures of the aftermath wouldnt 

17 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

To normal civilians living in small villages what sort of language do you think ISIS will use? They'd make it sound like the US was demolishing the country. I obviously understand the difference but people there shown pictures of the aftermath wouldnt 

I understand that. I was just pointing out that this bomb isn't nearly as big as you think it is.

Edit: Eddy alerted me of my incredible spelling mistake. I'm sorry master, I have fixed it.

What I heard on the radio at work was "The "MOAB" was dropped on an empty region of Afghanistan, and they were allegedly watching for civilian movement for quite awhile before hand to make sure there were no casualties 

Just now, Fugner said:

I understand that. I was just pointing out that this bomb is nearly as big as you think it is.

I'm aware of how powerful it is. I know nuke is an exaggeration but in a war that's primarily in many ways propaganda it's still in my opinion a mistake to use 

Dont worry guys, as Donald Trump keep unlocking all the new weapons as he levels up, we all know he HAS to try them out.

I wonder how much xp he got for this one? The Syria one seemed to have leveled him up quite alot. Maybe this was a killstreak reward?

Cant wait for tactical nuke.

2 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

The area of devastation from a weapon like this covers a wide area. You're forgetting there's tons of land above those tunnels. Afghanistan has tons of people that move around even in desolate areas to either get somewhere or as herders.There's no way we had absolute confirmation that the area was clear of civilians and that's why I said potential civilian casualties.   There's really no reason to use a bomb this big for the first time except to try bragging we did it. Why not use standard conventional weapons or even send in troops quick and potentially get valuable Intel or prisoners ? We can't win  a war playing wack a mole like we've been trying for 16 years. And like i said when ISIS goes out recruiting and says look the Americans dropped what's basically a  small nuke on your country help us fight back that will get them recruits 

Play one scenario in any ARMA game and you'll see how easy it is to just "send in troops real quick" and then follow up with a "Press X to gather intel" or "Hold R1 to interrogate prisoner".

Just now, Sith said:

Play one scenario in any ARMA game and you'll see how easy it is to just "send in troops real quick" and then follow up with a "Press X to gather intel" or "Hold R1 to interrogate prisoner".

If we were supposedly observing this area for long enough to guarantee no civilians would be harmed we could have prepped soldiers rather than used such an indiscriminate weapon that does nothing but kill an enemy we've already killed tens of thousands of. Dropping bombs doesn't work like it does against a conventional enemy. This is a propaganda war just as much as a shooting war . I'm not against killing ISIS. But people need to understand that this is a war where committing overkill helps the enemy. We need to balance the use of force to guarantee we kill the enemy but prevent him from using it as a tool 

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

If we were supposedly observing this area for long enough to guarantee no civilians would be harmed we could have prepped soldiers rather than used such an indiscriminate weapon that does nothing but kill an enemy we've already killed tens of thousands of. Dropping bombs doesn't work like it does against a conventional enemy. This is a propaganda war just as much as a shooting war . I'm not against killing ISIS. But people need to understand that this is a war where committing overkill helps the enemy. We need to balance the use of force to guarantee we kill the enemy but prevent him from using it as a tool 

So if we didn't want to use a bomb to kill "tens of thousands" of people, we should use american soldiers, put their lives at risk, spend more amounts of money to fly and equip them, actually have to wait for them to arrive, deploy, and move towards the enemy, just to continue killing "tens of thousands" of people? Gotcha.

We're back in WWI boys. We have technology that many countries don't. Why the hell would we go through efforts to risk more people's lives? A bomb is quick, accurate, and (relatively) cheap compared to a ground operation.

Also, ISIS and the middle east governments aren't buddies. ISIS kills more of them then they do the US/EU. Their recruitment is not catered to the people they terrorize on a monthly basis, its to the people who don't live in those areas that hate the US/EU for their own reasons and usually those people aren't aware of the damage ISIS causes. To them, ISIS are the good guys.

Just now, Sith said:

So if we didn't want to use a bomb to kill "tens of thousands" of people, we should use american soldiers, put their lives at risk, spend more amounts of money to fly and equip them, actually have to wait for them to arrive, deploy, and move towards the enemy, just to continue killing "tens of thousands" of people? Gotcha.

We're back in WWI boys. We have technology that many countries don't. Why the hell would we go through efforts to risk more people's lives? A bomb is quick, accurate, and (relatively) cheap compared to a ground operation.

Also, ISIS and the middle east governments aren't buddies. ISIS kills more of them then they do the US/EU. Their recruitment is not catered to the people they terrorize on a monthly basis, its to the people who don't live in those areas that hate the US/EU for their own reasons and usually those people aren't aware of the damage ISIS causes. To them, ISIS are the good guys.

My argument for using ground troops is that while yes they'd be at risk they also could potentially get prisoners or some sort of Intel that allows for further damage down the road. Also while ISIS does recruit many from other areas they still heavily recruit in the regions they work in and many of the foreign fighters I'm sure are attracted by ISIS propaganda depicting the US as aggressors in the middle east. Like I keep saying. Half this war is propaganda between both sides. And because of that 5 precision bombs targeting for instance the cave entrances or a raid is better than one big massive bomb that flattens everything and makes the world news. I have a friend our age who's an Iraqi refugee. He tells me how for many people there all they've known growing up was US planes overhead and reports of explosions. He loves living here but he says for many back there all they know is that ever since we started dropping bombs in Iraq and Afghanistan it's been one big shitting match and they're caught in the middle. ISIS/Taliban have the advantage of for the most part being able to say it's their home. We need to understand we can't win the war by simply dropping bombs because at the end of the day were dropping bombs on the land the average people considered theirs. Obviously most hate ISIS. But both sides are making the normal guy suffer and escalating it draws attention to us instead of them

3 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

1) MOAB only covers a one mile radius.

2) Why risk OUR lives instead of bombing the fuck outta them and risking none of our lives?

3) MOAB isn't nuclear.

Please ordinary, think about what you say and do your research.

Just now, Jiffy said:

1) MOAB only covers a one mile radius.

2) Why risk OUR lives instead of bombing the fuck outta them and risking none of our lives?

3) MOAB isn't nuclear.

Please ordinary, think about what you say and do your research.

1. I understand that. Still a far enough radius that based on the target it was overkill and probably used entirely as a propaganda thing. 

2. We need to remember it's not our country. ISIS uses every US bomb dropped to try depicting us as the bad guy. Simply rolling into a village and showing a picture of the blast can convince some dumb 17 year old the US is hurting his land. 

3. I never said it was.