Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATG_AGENT

Warcraft 3 Map Creator Event

Warcraft 3 Map Creator Event

Warcraft 3 Event Map Vote

I would like to congratulate all the winners as well as thank you for the effort you have put into helping Warcraft 3 get better with more maps. I hope you all enjoyed playing these maps - and i look forward to seeing what our mappers of sG can do in the future.

Thank you for voting this week.  Congratulations to the winners! Please contact @ATG_AGENT asap.

Winners

[First Place]: $60 Steam Gift Card, 4 Months Premium Admin and 100,000 Credits and also receive a Mapping Event Grand Winner Badge

@Jodas 23 Votes

[Second Place]: $20 Steam Gift Card, First pick between Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Donated by sG | KiD Fearless), or Wolfenstein: The New Order (Donated by sG | Tyrone [SO]) , 4 Months Premium Admin and 50,000 Credits

@KiD Fearless 10 Votes

[Third Place]: Second pick from the donated games, and 30,000 Credits

@Mr.Thaco-Olmon 9 Votes

[Other]: All maps that did not place and get used on the server will receive a 1 Month of Premium Admin as well as 20,000 Credits

@KiLLeR 

@skitt is still deciding which map he enjoys the most, they will receive $40 regardless of whether they have won a prize already or not (Donated by sG | skitt [ENG])

The Winners will all receive a sG Map Creator Badge

Please be patient and give us time while you wait for your prizes

Contact @ATG_AGENT asap to continue the process

Voting has finished!

Next Phase!

We are in the voting phase! Please go to this link and vote for the maps you enjoyed playing! Spread the word on the server!

I would like to congratulate the creators of these maps who have passed Primary Inspection!

de_insulamcastrum - MrThaco

de_ww2 - Jodas

de_exodus_blue_v1 - Killer

de_prisoncity -  BubbingScrubbles

cs_jailbreak_v1 - Kid Fearless

The maps will be on the server starting 15th of July for one week. During this time you will have the chance to play and experience them. After the week is over there will be a vote to decide who the Winner(s) are for this event. There will also be Bonus Experience for all who show up and play these maps!

As you play these maps, keep in mind that the authors have the intention of updating and improving them as time goes by. These are the maps that will be played for the event, but are not the final products. Please look forward to there updated versions

How this will work

You have Two Months to create / submit your Map to @ATG_AGENT the final date i will accept submissions will be the 12th of July

The maps will be looked over as a Primary Inspection to make sure they are playable and work properly before moving to the next step

Starting the 15th of July we will be playing the maps that have passed the Primary Inspection on the server for One week during this time there will be Bonus Experience for everyone!

The maps will be judged and awards will be given based on the Prize Section

Map Requirements

We are looking for maps that would fit well with the Warcraft 3 Mod

While making the map please keep in mind that races have: Flight, Low Gravity, Teleports, Bonus Speed, Long Jumps, Invisibility etc - So all of the areas of the map will probably be seen. So careful with invisible textures and other issues you might not normally have in a normal map.

We are looking for maps that will incorporate the special aspects that the Warcraft 3 Mod brings to Server while still trying to keep the balance between T and CT

The map needs to be under 150mb

Prize Section

There will be a Poll (From the ones that passed Primary Inspection) to decide the Best Map.

• [First Place]: $60 Steam Gift Card, 3 Months Premium Admin and an Extra 80,000 Credits and also receive a Mapping Event Grand Winner Badge
  • [Second Place]: $20 Steam Gift Card, First pick between Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (Donated by sG | KiD Fearless [MS] [ADV]), or Wolfenstein: The New Order (Donated by sG | Tyrone [SO]) , 3 Months Premium Admin and an Extra 30,000 Credits
  • [Third Place]: Second pick from the donated games, and an Extra 10,000 Credits
  • [Other]All maps that make it past the Primary Inspection and get used on the server will receive a 1 Month of Premium Admin as well as 20,000 Credits

All maps that we use on the server will also receive a  sG Map Creator Badge

Please be patient and give us time while you wait for your prizes

skitt will choose the map that he likes the most and they will receive $40 regardless of whether they have won a prize already or not (Donated by sG | skitt [ENG])

Rules

You must have a forum account registered at www.joinsg.net

All of sG's Rules and Guidelines will be followed

Somewhere inside your map please have a section showcasing your Forum Account name / Map details

Somewhere inside the playable area of the map have the Syndicate Gamers Logo and Forum Link ( www.joinsg.net )

The Maps you submit must be your own work

All Textures / Models that are being used in your map should be made by you, part of valve (Source Engine), or have permission and give credit in the "Map Details" location of the map.

Anyone caught plagiarizing will be automatically disqualified from the Event, as well as any other of the same kind in the future. Further action may also be taken against you.

I wonder how many ppl will actually participate in this event :thinking:

Nice idea though :)

I'll toss an extra $40 to the map I like the most. I wanna see some sweet entries! I am completely down with non-objective fy/aim maps. Balance and war3 mechanic centric map concepts are key! I would melt if there was some surfable surfaces. 

2 hours ago, Swed said:

A War3 Playable version of canals is obv the easiest way to win.

Canals:

-Rebuilt tunnel stairs area with smoother movement

-Fixed boat geometry overlapping a pier at CT spawn

-Fixed box intersecting windowsill at B

-Fixed pixelwalk on railing at CT spawn

-Moved plywood down on scaffolding below B to block a bad sightline

-Fixed sticky scaffolding clip brush below B

-Fixed some fade distance pop-up issues

-Added two picnic chairs at short and made clips smoother

-Removed lamp at ivy/garbage

They're still working on it bro.

Just now, turbulance said:

How strict are we going to be on the 150mb map restriction file size?

150 is the limit you can do for community servers.  

There is no "+" you need to stay below 150 mb, because it can´t be compressed otherwise.

Just now, trigger.exe said:

The one thing im terrible at is making a layout for something. but hey imma give it my best.

Making a layout isn´t easy.

But these two videos are a lot of help and give you a good inside of what a good start for a layout is.

Can we see everyone's submissions?

When will they be on the server?

When do we find out who won?

55 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Can we see everyone's submissions?

When will they be on the server?

When do we find out who won?

On 9.4.2017 at 8:12 PM, ATG_AGENT said:

Starting the 15th of July we will be playing the maps that have passed the Primary Inspection on the server for One week during this time there will be Bonus Experience for everyone!

The maps will be judged and awards will be given based on the Prize Section

As per what jodas quoted the maps are being looked over in the Primary Inspection atm. On the 15th they will be up to play for a week - as well as bonus experience!

Are most of the maps on the workshop? Could you post links to them?

I want to know what to look out for when I'm looking at the server info. If it's one of our community members maps, I'll definitely come on to check it out. 

As soon as im done with the primary inspection - i will post the maps that made it through.

Just now, Travesty said:

Are most of the maps on the workshop? Could you post links to them?

I want to know what to look out for when I'm looking at the server info. If it's one of our community members maps, I'll definitely come on to check it out. 

I would like to congratulate the creators of these maps who have passed Primary Inspection!

de_insulamcastrum - MrThaco

de_ww2 - Jodas

de_exodus_blue_v1 - Killer

de_prisoncity -  BubbingScrubbles

cs_jailbreak_v1 - Kid Fearless

The maps will be on the server starting 15th of July for one week. During this time you will have the chance to play and experience them. After the week is over there will be a vote to decide who the Winner(s) are for this event. There will also be Bonus Experience for all who show up and play these maps!

As you play these maps, keep in mind that the authors have the intention of updating and improving them as time goes by. These are the maps that will be played for the event, but are not the final products. Please look forward to there updated versions

It is really awesome to see some of the creativity of our community. I think that de_ww2 kicks ass. It seems like a lot of time was put into it and it really shows. Nice job Jodas.