Sign in to follow this  
Hulk

Warcraft 3 Dust Event Molotov Damage?

I'm pretty sure this thing is not registering correctly. It says I have only done approximately 400 damage and almost anyone who's been playing recently can tell you otherwise. I'm not sure what to say about that but can you guys do something about it? I think it is really unfair for me to have wasted 4 days of only trying to get molotov damage to be told that i have only done 400 damage. 400 damage in 4 days? Thats not even realistic.

I mean, it depends on if your targets have just been standing in the fire waiting to be burned or if they're realizing they're being burned and moved.

Edited by Moosin

Just now, Moosin said:

I mean, it depends on if your targets have just been standing in the fire waiting to be burned or if they're realizing they're being burned and moved.

I literally killed like 30 people using molotovs on one map. I've done more than 500+ damage to more than 10 different people. they can vouch

Can confirm, he has been playing professor X and rooting people inside molly's, there is no way he has only done 400 dmg.

54 minutes ago, Hulk said:

I'm pretty sure this thing is not registering correctly. It says I have only done approximately 400 damage and almost anyone who's been playing recently can tell you otherwise. I'm not sure what to say about that but can you guys do something about it? I think it is really unfair for me to have wasted 4 days of only trying to get molotov damage to be told that i have only done 400 damage. 400 damage in 4 days? Thats not even realistic.

You need to find some afks and roast em dude!

If they have chainmail or some sort of damage reduction it will effect the damage shown in console / damage tracked.  The tracker is the same for all people so what ever effects you would have effected them.

Just now, ATG_AGENT said:

If they have chainmail or some sort of damage reduction it will effect the damage shown in console / damage tracked.  The tracker is the same for all people so what ever effects you would have effected them.

There's 0% chance that a race interaction is causing any errors?

7 minutes ago, ATG_AGENT said:

Are you sure its affecting everyone? I think Professor X could be glitched for the event. Cause as i said. its not possible that i only have 400. Its been 4 days. Theres absolutely that chainmail has fucked me of that much damage done.

Everyone is affected the same. Check the damage tracker now, you will notice what you been doing recently.

He notes he stopped playing Professor X.  It's great that everyone else that got damage using Professor X is affected equally, but for people that don't recognize the tracking isn't working for that race, sure sucks to be them.  I can understand why he's pissed -- he identified a likely bug that kept 4 days of his damage from tracking and is being told to piss off.

Just now, Junzou said:

He notes he stopped playing Professor X.  It's great that everyone else that got damage using Professor X is affected equally, but for people that don't recognize the tracking isn't working for that race, sure sucks to be them.  I can understand why he's pissed -- he identified a likely bug that kept 4 days of his damage from tracking and is being told to piss off.

Elliot was also using prof X and it was tracking.

At least acknowledging the bug and showing some empathy for the time he wasted would be a good first step.

Elliot was also using prof X and it was tracking.

Ok, then why isn't his?  21 hours of playtime on WC3 over the past 4 days compared to Elliot's 6 hours, and you honestly believe he only did 400 damage using molotovs when he was sitting there focusing on that?

Did you guys just realize it's been broken for the past 3 days and fix it, that's why the damage is working now?

Edited by Junzou

5 hours ago, Junzou said:

At least acknowledging the bug and showing some empathy for the time he wasted would be a good first step.

Ok, then why isn't his?  21 hours of playtime on WC3 over the past 4 days compared to Elliot's 6 hours, and you honestly believe he only did 400 damage using molotovs when he was sitting there focusing on that?

Did you guys just realize it's been broken for the past 3 days and fix it, that's why the damage is working now?

Nothing was changed.

Also, there's nothing inside of professor X that would cause issues. I looked at the race last night. Only thing I can think of is maybe if they get knocked up by the molly they don't take damage that tick, because the knockup happens pre-damage - but I think the damage is still dealt if I remember correctly from playing.

7 hours ago, Junzou said:

Also if he has that much play time now, he put 6-8 of that in just yesterday...

1 hour ago, Face said:

Nothing was changed.

Also, there's nothing inside of professor X that would cause issues. I looked at the race last night. Only thing I can think of is maybe if they get knocked up by the molly they don't take damage that tick, because the knockup happens pre-damage - but I think the damage is still dealt if I remember correctly from playing.

^^^^ This is helpful.  Actual information, not just ignoring the question and telling the kid to stop playing.  You agree it's weird that he got 8k damage over 6 hours vs, 400 over 13-15 hours, yeah?

Just now, Moose said:

Also if he has that much play time now, he put 6-8 of that in just yesterday...

Fine... We'll discount his playtime yesterday, even though the logs with 400 damage were pulled at like 7:30PM.  You really think that over 13 hours of playtime, he only did 400 damage?

Just now, Junzou said:

Fine... We'll discount his playtime yesterday, even though the logs with 400 damage were pulled at like 7:30PM.  You really think that over 13 hours of playtime, he only did 400 damage?

I do find it weird. But there's lots of possibilities, and no real good explanation. Was he trying to get only Molotov kills from the very start? He says so, I'm not going to call him a liar, but there's no way to verify that 13ish hours. There's also the fact that there has to be a varying degree of inconsistency, regardless of playing the same races, maps, using the same tactics, etc. For example sometimes playing a knife race I'll go 20-2, or something, but the next map go 2-20. There's a lot of factors there, but he also says he got a lot of kills prior, so again it's impossible to tell what he really did if it was off.

I will say that the start of the event was a bit rough. Obviously his is atgs first event, and we lost face who previously mainly handled the war3 events. I've never really messed with war3 configs, so there were things that were overlooked that needed turned on (i.e. The issue with the gold bars, and people seeing error boxes instead). This shouldn't have affected tracking, but everything seems to have been working fine around a day into the event. So we can potentially discard any damage done that first day-ish, I'm not sure.

I'll also take a second to apologize for not giving a great response last night. I don't like seeing people have issues with our servers, but them then going and telling people that "sg sucks dick..." got me in a not-so-helpful mood last night. My point to just stop playing, was more out of frustration, because we (staff) do all we can to make events, and servers in general enjoyable. Then to see people just rage and not even seem to care that we're volunteering our time to try and make these events and stuff, really turns me away from wanting to help. This is the very thing you're frustrated about... wasting your time, so I hope you can see why it'd also be frustrating for staff. I don't even participate in events - I still play the servers, but I feel like the prizes and everything should go towards the regular community members. 

@Hulk read this ^^^^^^^^^

Also

13 hours ago, Hulk said:

I literally killed like 30 people using molotovs on one map. I've done more than 500+ damage to more than 10 different people. they can vouch

12 hours ago, Cman said:

Can confirm, he has been playing professor X and rooting people inside molly's, there is no way he has only done 400 dmg.

25 minutes ago, Moose said:

I do find it weird. But there's lots of possibilities, and no real good explanation. Was he trying to get only Molotov kills from the very start? He says so, I'm not going to call him a liar, but there's no way to verify that 13ish hours. There's also the fact that there has to be a varying degree of inconsistency, regardless of playing the same races, maps, using the same tactics, etc. For example sometimes playing a knife race I'll go 20-2, or something, but the next map go 2-20. There's a lot of factors there, but he also says he got a lot of kills prior, so again it's impossible to tell what he really did if it was off.

I will say that the start of the event was a bit rough. Obviously his is atgs first event, and we lost face who previously mainly handled the war3 events. I've never really messed with war3 configs, so there were things that were overlooked that needed turned on (i.e. The issue with the gold bars, and people seeing error boxes instead). This shouldn't have affected tracking, but everything seems to have been working fine around a day into the event. So we can potentially discard any damage done that first day-ish, I'm not sure.

I'll also take a second to apologize for not giving a great response last night. I don't like seeing people have issues with our servers, but them then going and telling people that "sg sucks dick..." got me in a not-so-helpful mood last night. My point to just stop playing, was more out of frustration, because we (staff) do all we can to make events, and servers in general enjoyable. Then to see people just rage and not even seem to care that we're volunteering our time to try and make these events and stuff, really turns me away from wanting to help. This is the very thing you're frustrated about... wasting your time, so I hope you can see why it'd also be frustrating for staff. I don't even participate in events - I still play the servers, but I feel like the prizes and everything should go towards the regular community members. 

Thanks, I apologize for being rude toward sG. Thanks for understanding my frustration with my time being wasted and I apologize for the rude comments that I have left in the state of anger I was in.