Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ordinarygamer96

Trump attorney general faces possible FBI criminal probe

So Jeff Sessions decided to not inform those at his appointment hearing that he met with the Russian ambassador despite being asked if he had contact with the Russians. This is a possible case of breaking the law by lying  under oath and he will possibly  be investigated.

At this point if people still deny that trump's team worked with the Russians to win the election they're kidding themselves. Every 3 days we find another trump admin member spoke to the Russians and covered it up.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/house/322020-dems-demand-fbi-perjury-probe-of-sessions%3famp

Just now, therealone109 said:

One thing that bugs me(no pun intended)is that the CIA is saying that the Russians hack the dnc,but they don't want to give evidence,you know what that reminds me of?

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-the-full-version-of-the-cias-2002-intelligence-assessment-on-wmd-in-iraq-2015-3

It's not just the Cia. It's the entire intelligence community and the Republicans themselves even admitted Russia interfered with the election lol

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

It's not just the Cia. It's the entire intelligence community and the Republicans themselves even admitted Russia interfered with the election lol

Then why they don't release a document or something if it is such wide know information?

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

So Jeff Sessions decided to not inform those at his appointment hearing that he met with the Russian ambassador despite being asked if he had contact with the Russians. This is a possible case of breaking the law by lying  under oath and he will possibly  be investigated.

At this point if people still deny that trump's team worked with the Russians to win the election they're kidding themselves. Every 3 days we find another trump admin member spoke to the Russians and covered it up.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/house/322020-dems-demand-fbi-perjury-probe-of-sessions%3famp

How is this a cover up? Sessions claimed he did not speak to any Russians regarding the campaign. I don't know if this is true or not, but he did admit to speaking to the Russian ambassador in his capacity as a Senator. 

During that hearing, Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) asked Sessions what he would do if he learned of evidence that Trump campaign associated were in contact with the Russian government during the 2016 campaign. “I’m not aware of any of those activities,” Sessions said, adding that “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Sessions was also asked by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) in a written question if he had been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election before or after Election Day. "No,” Sessions responded.

Both questions asked are specifically related to the campaign and election. The questions was not "have you ever spoken to a Russian official". Sessions responded within the scope of the questions asked. 

Just now, therealone109 said:

Then why they don't release a document or something if it is such wide know information?

hqdefault.jpg

they literally released it two fucking months ago. Do you live behind the moon?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/06/us/politics/document-russia-hacking-report-intelligence-agencies.html

Just now, fatb0y said:

How is this a cover up? Sessions claimed he did not speak to any Russians regarding the campaign. I don't know if this is true or not, but he did admit to speaking to the Russian ambassador in his capacity as a Senator. 

Both questions asked are specifically related to the campaign and election. The questions was not "have you ever spoken to a Russian official". Sessions responded within the scope of the questions asked. 

Why would he omit the fact he had indeed met with the Russians after becoming a part of the campaign? He admits he was a surrogate. He should have been completely up front with this instead of hiding behind technicalities in wording when he knew they were asking if he's had any Russian contact. He also was the only member of the armed forces committee to my knowledge that spoke to the ambassador at all in that time frame and they spoke twice no less. I'm not saying 100 percent either way whether they spoke about the campaign but he obviously knew that they wanted to know whether he had had any contact and he avoided mentioning it. You really think half of trumps cabinet having connections to Russia isn't sketchy? Pick an equal number of random politicians and you would never come close to the amount of Russia connections this cabinet does 

Just now, fatb0y said:

Franken - If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

Sessions - Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.

If the story is now, "Well I did speak to the Russian ambassador, but it wasn't anything about the campaign." then even that doesn't work.

It can't work when one of the conversations took place at the RNC which he attended in his capacity as a Trump surrogate and top adviser. The same RNC where the one change Trump's campaign made to the GOP's platform was its stance towards Ukraine. Saying this looks suspicious is putting this very kindly now. Because it now looks as if Trump's campaign was not just talking with Russian dudes, but directly coordinating with the Russian government.

In plain English, it seems as if Sessions lied and gambled on this story never seeing the light of day. Sessions should have brought this up while he had the opportunity on his own initiative to clear away potential misunderstandings. Instead, the same person who once called perjury a 'high crime' and an impeachable offense is now looking quite of guilty of it himself.

10 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

So now it's come out that Mike pence used a private email server to handle sensitive info. #lockhimup

According to Indiana's law, he actually didn't do anything illegal. I definitely don't think he should have used a private email, but can't be locked up for not doing anything illegal.

Just now, Ironic said:

According to Indiana's law, he actually didn't do anything illegal. I definitely don't think he should have used a private email, but can't be locked up for not doing anything illegal.

This issue is a difference betwixt statutory and what's federal. He was handling his governor business as Indiana using his private server. Definitely, if it was the federal work as VP which was the debacle, then yes it's bad. Just another unnecessary witch hunt, like the linking of Russia in this which is never able to be proven, from bitter detractors who can't cope with a loss or try to look at themselves on what they can do better, but instead, have to have shameless audacity to blame others. It's sad and pathetic really.

Well hey all you guys that got phished on Steam can now relate to your Vice President. He was phished too lol. You're not so dumb after all!

Just now, Dr. Vojislav Seselj said:

Just another unnecessary witch hunt, like the linking of Russia in this which is never able to be proven, from bitter detractors who can't cope with a loss or try to look at themselves on what they can do better, but instead, have to have shameless audacity to blame others. It's sad and pathetic really.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/06/us/politics/document-russia-hacking-report-intelligence-agencies.html ...

Just now, Jodas said:

Come on! everyone knows any "times" is FAKE NEWS. Stop posting this trash or I will report you and get you arrested. You should have more respect for the Supreme Executive of the United States and his board members. God Bless and may your profits reach an all time high.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Vojislav Seselj said:

This issue is a difference betwixt statutory and what's federal. He was handling his governor business as Indiana using his private server. Definitely, if it was the federal work as VP which was the debacle, then yes it's bad. Just another unnecessary witch hunt, like the linking of Russia in this which is never able to be proven, from bitter detractors who can't cope with a loss or try to look at themselves on what they can do better, but instead, have to have shameless audacity to blame others. It's sad and pathetic really.

I'm so relieved a Serbian Nationalist that said he's proud America elected a Pro-Vladimir Putin Russophile is here to inform us that there was no link to Russia and Trump's Campaign in 2016.

@Ordinarygamer96 Sessions omitted the fact because those facts were not responsive to the questions asked. It is incumbent on the fact finding party to be as direct as possible when asking questions. The committee didn't ask "did you ever speak to Russian officials" because a complete response would have to have been too onerous. A more appropriate question would have been "did you have any communications with Russian officials from 2014 - present", but if they intended to ask this, why didn't they? 

@JFK I don't know when the conversation took place, however, if what you say is true, then I do agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Vojislav Seselj said:

What do you mean statutory and what's federal? Statutory doesn't mean State, which is what I assume you mean. Statutory refers to legal statutes.

Just now, fatb0y said:

@Ordinarygamer96 Sessions omitted the fact because those facts were not responsive to the questions asked. It is incumbent on the fact finding party to be as direct as possible when asking questions. The committee didn't ask "did you ever speak to Russian officials" because a complete response would have to have been too onerous. A more appropriate question would have been "did you have any communications with Russian officials from 2014 - present", but if they intended to ask this, why didn't they? 

@JFK I don't know when the conversation took place, however, if what you say is true, then I do agree with you. 

What do you mean statutory and what's federal? Statutory doesn't mean State, which is what I assume you mean. Statutory refers to legal statutes.

Okay, for clarification, I did mean the statutes within Indiana state. 

Just now, Dr. Vojislav Seselj said:

Okay, for clarification, I did mean the statutes within Indiana state. 

You can see why its confusing when there are also Federal Statutes. 

@fatb0y

To my knowledge sessions met the ambassador as jfk said at the rnc. He wouldn't be conducting congressional meetings with foreign ambassadors there. And like I said he was operating like a surrogate especially at the time of meeting.

Just now, Ordinarygamer96 said:

@fatb0y

To my knowledge sessions met the ambassador as jfk said at the rnc. He wouldn't be conducting congressional meetings with foreign ambassadors there. And like I said he was operating like a surrogate especially at the time of meeting.

I didn't know that. If that is the case then Sessions' statements are certainly dubious.