Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King ET

Gmod TTT server needs more maps

This server is great as far as not having downloads, but another map or two would be great. Since i have started playing on the server (a month or less ago) I have heard heard a couple people (other than me) ask for maps. Personally I would like see more maps on the server so its not the same 4 maps every time (though they are great maps) maybe one that isn't Minecraft Themed.  below are some maps that i would like to be considered. 

minecraft

- ttt_mc_skyislands

- TTT Castillo de Fenrir

- ttt_minecraft_haven

-ttt_mc_frozen (idk if its the disney movie, still cool map)

-TTT Minecraft-Mansion

-ttt_mc_jondome

non minecraft

- ttt_bb_teenroom_b2 (kinda like mc dolls)

- ttt_college

-ttt_pokemon_v2

-ttt_Woodshop

- ttt_vault

-ttt_rooftops_2016

Thank you for your time and or consideration.

sorry duped post, new to site

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

''Twas a joke I got banned for a week due to that sword

You got banned a lot for a lot of reasons. Nothing new.

22 minutes ago, King ET said:

-ttt_rooftops_2016

while this map looks dope, it is very poorly optimized. My fps drop on it to 50 and lower.

10 minutes ago, Iherdcows said:

I saw that you accidentally double posted, so I hid the other topic. I saw you were lurking in it so I posted here. I'll tag the Gmod team and see what they think :)

@ZachPL @Avenger

wasn't lurking lol just had tab open, thanks though greatly appreciated.

while this map looks dope, it is very poorly optimized. My fps drop on it to 50 and lower.

You are probably missing some textures that's why the server is vanilla

The maps are Minecraft so that people do not need to have the CS:S textures to play on our servers. They are also usually better optimized anyways, and are easier to run. 

As for adding more maps, maybe a new map can help spice up the server. Don't know what Zach and Avenger do plan on, although. 

8 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

The maps are Minecraft so that people do not need to have the CS:S textures to play on our servers. They are also usually better optimized anyways, and are easier to run. 

As for adding more maps, maybe a new map can help spice up the server. Don't know what Zach and Avenger do plan on, although. 

i figured that, the mc maps simplify things and allow people to just jump in without downloading a S** ton of textures. thanks for the reply and awesome lil j gif

10 hours ago, Booch said:

You are probably missing some textures that's why the server is vanilla

Do you take me for an idiot? I am not missing any textures the map is simply huge as fuck, I thought about porting it to csgo a while ago but seeing as I couldn´t even get above 60fps on the map in gmod I gave up on it.

Do you take me for an idiot? I am not missing any textures the map is simply huge as fuck, I thought about porting it to csgo a while ago but seeing as I couldn´t even get above 60fps on the map in gmod I gave up on it.

Chill bro a lot of people miss a lot of textures don't need to be so offended it's a fucking possibility Jodas do I know what files you have on your computer no

I'm surprised that Zachary never chimed in. 

The reason why Minecraft Vanilla was shortened down to the same 3 maps (since I last played) was numerous bugs. Between server crashes, the admin command system not working, ability to mass RDM without proof of who did it, and a number of reasons. It's been requested and we have gone through all the ones that were out and available at the time and kept it to only 3. What maps they are now I don't know.