Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodas

Thoughts on the Ghost recon "Open Beta"?

Honestly the game is awful, the only time you can have fun with it is when you play with friends and laugh about how bad it is.

The car physics are horrible probably the worst I have ever seen. You drift around every corner and float down mountains like a flying turd. While the damage on the cars looks good, the collision physics with other cars are just horrible either you will hit them and nothing happens or you will hit them and they get knocked the fuck back. 

And if you jump of off a cliff on a motorcycle while doing a wheelie and then hit the ground then you are going to fly off the bike like superman and die as soon as you hit the ground. In case you don´t do a wheelie while jumping off than the bike will just behave like a pogo stick.

To quote one of the reviews on steam "The cars driving experience feels as bad as the one in CSGO custom maps."

The AI is one of the worst AI´s I have seen recently, you can be right up there ass and they don´t spot you or ignore you all together.

The mission design is lame and the dialogue is not good what so ever.

It is also amazing to fly with an airplane directly into a mountain with 200km/h plus and all that happens is that you drop like a potato and the plane can´t fly anymore. It doesn´t explode it just fucking drops like a dumb potato.

This is my favorite so far: 

Even though the lights on the car are brocken, it will not stop casting light.

0AEA3803F4E7E67523E07493070450D74C72BA1C

Edit: Ubisoft never fails me. XP boost in a single player game LOL

c3c331a3b7.jpg

Told my friend to pre order mass effect or horizon zero dawn. He insisted this would be a great game. 10 out of 10 would chuckle at my friend wasting money again. For real tho ubisoft seems to keep rushing games. Every game they release has promise which is realized like a year later once patched but by that time it's too late. They need to slow down their release schedules by at least 6 months for polish

I wouldn't know how the beta is, because I can't even connect to a server, and ubisoft is about to take them all down for a bit for "scheduled maintenance" Ubisoft never fails to impress me on how bad  they can be

If you think this is the worst car physics/driving game, then you clearly have not played many games that involve cars. I won't try and say it's amazing, but it is, by far, not the worst. Since most of your complaints is about vehicles (I don't understand this, why focus so much on this making it a "bad" game)... I'll jump to other points.

7 hours ago, Jodas said:

The AI is one of the worst AI´s I have seen recently, you can be right up there ass and they don´t spot you or ignore you all together.

I mean if you're playing on the easiest difficulty, sure. I agree the starting area was pretty easy to finish all the missions, but the elites could get pretty difficult if you don't plan how you're going to take them out beforehand. I hope that the game will introduce harder difficulties, and things like better drone spotting so you can't scope things out quite so easily as you can now. Who knows how things will be outside of the starting areas though.

7 hours ago, Jodas said:

Honestly the game is awful, the only time you can have fun with it is when you play with friends and laugh about how bad it is.

Again, dunno about "laughing about how bad it is" as you seem to focus a lot on cars. If you really want to drive vehicles so bad, go find a game that is specifically focused on that. But as far as only being fun with friends, I can't argue that. This is the same for me in any game however, I can rarely get through a single player game...

So let me get this straight.

They're doing an open beta. For a single player game.

And they're doing server maintenance. For the open beta of their single player game. 

Ubisoft is having a rough start to their year.

1 hour ago, Moosin said:

So let me get this straight.

They're doing an open beta. For a single player game.

And they're doing server maintenance. For the open beta of their single player game. 

Ubisoft is having a rough start to their year.

I mean you can do multi-player co-ops...

58 minutes ago, Moose said:

I mean you can do multi-player co-ops...

Yeah, I did see that. I still feel like that hardly warrants an open beta. I'm assuming it's mostly a hype machine.

15 minutes ago, Moosin said:

Yeah, I did see that. I still feel like that hardly warrants an open beta. I'm assuming it's mostly a hype machine.

The game comes out in less than two weeks, thats all the information you need to know its just a timed demo.

Not as bad as For Honor's "beta" that ended two days before the game launched.

I enjoy the game playing with friends, but I can't see myself playing alone, ever. It's a game that's filled with bugs that allow hilarity with friends, but also frustration. Constant frame skips, drops and freezes. CPU usage is off the wall, and the general stuttering I get at times is a pain in the ass. The game doesn't feel like what I assume Ubi wanted it to be, and it would need a lot of tweaks to fill those shoes IMO. However I'll probably pick it up if a group of my friends does, as it's pretty fun playing with a group.

10 hours ago, Moose said:

Again, dunno about "laughing about how bad it is" as you seem to focus a lot on cars. If you really want to drive vehicles so bad, go find a game that is specifically focused on that. But as far as only being fun with friends, I can't argue that. This is the same for me in any game however, I can rarely get through a single player game...

The thing is that I don´t want a driving game I fucking hate driving games, the only time I really drive in games at all is in games like GTA or Watch dogs basically in open world games where I have to use the vehicles because I simply don´t have another way of getting there. Of course you could say but why don´t you use the fast travel option in Ghost recon if you hate it so much, well I tried but for some reason it doesn´t work for me it works fine for my friend but when I try it nothing happens.

The reason why I am so focused on the driving is because I love the original Ghost recon games it was one of my favorite franchieses together with Rainbow six. I honestly want to like the game but I just cannot get myself to like it. The whole open world thing seems wrong to me same as in Metal Gear solid the open world is just pointless in both games. (Metal Gear was a great game, I loved it but I never did anything in the open world, I played the missions and that´s all.)

There wouldn´t be a need for vehicles if it wasn´t open world and if it wasn´t an open world game they could have focused on story and level design instead which would make it a much better game.

Seems like an uncommon opinion, but I'm really enjoying it so far. With the settings jacked up, it looks beautiful and I still get a steady 60 at 1440p. The combat is solid, I can't really complain about the driving, it feels fine to me particularly when compared to that of gta 4 / watch dogs 1. Admittedly, I've only played with friends so I don't have any solo experience but I don't think its nearly as bad as seemingly everyone makes it out to be. I might even buy it.