Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

Skin/Map removal

Trying to reduce download time when connecting, and remove some of the maps that people felt killed population. 

Maps that were removed (shout out to pike, hawk, and a few others i forget):

electric
Spyder
gregor
stationx
mothership
Chernobyl

I was told that these maps tend to kill population making it harder to keep the server going.

JB Skins being removed (i'm unsure if they're being removed from all servers):

Some of these skins weren't even able to be purchased yet you still had to download them when you connected.

Skin                             #of players who had the skin

Deathstroke                   8

test skin cripz                6

test skin bloodz             7

JB VIP vanquishsuit      1

test skin kuristaj            12

Octodad                          48

Before anyone complains as to why octodad is being removed, here is a picture of the hitboxes

852b5ad968.png

Anyone who has purchased these skins should already be refunded. The goal here is to try and bring down the download time of JB so it doesn't take forever on connect.

Nice!

Would it be a thing to remove severely underplayed maps? as in less than 1-5%?

Good riddance with octodad removal

7 minutes ago, Clamps said:

How about removing Clouds and Dojo? Maps are played to death and keeps me from joining the server. 

Could agree with removing clouds but dojo actually keeps the pop going.

20 minutes ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Could agree with removing clouds but dojo actually keeps the pop going.

Then I'd suggest increasing the minimum time it can be played again to allow more diversity of maps.. gets real old playing minecraft/clouds/obama/dojo/mincraft/clouds/ragequit

34 minutes ago, Clamps said:

Then I'd suggest increasing the minimum time it can be played again to allow more diversity of maps.. gets real old playing minecraft/clouds/obama/dojo/mincraft/clouds/ragequit

papas is barely played now so ya

1 hour ago, Dr Pepper said:

didnt @JFK update chernobyl?

also jb_iron_go should be removed. knifes dont spawn, and its super small/never played.

Had nothing to do with Chernobyl, though I did have StationX and Spyder ported from CSS awhile back. Don't mind Spyder losing too much, but losing StationX is a shame since it's Simon Says made it one of the more likeable maps back then.

1 hour ago, Clamps said:

How about removing Clouds and Dojo? Maps are played to death and keeps me from joining the server. 

No.

1 hour ago, Clamps said:

Agree something we could also try is letting know to the map creators of they could maybe think about getting rid of the op vents that lead from cells to armory like the one in minecraft.

3 minutes ago, tazmanianxdude said:

Agree something we could also try is letting know to the map creators of they could maybe think about getting rid of the op vents that lead from cells to armory like the one in minecraft.

Fuck no. That makes it fun. 

1 hour ago, Clamps said:

Fuck no. That makes it fun. 

Idk op vents makes the rebelling for ts really easy and if you get like pike on the T's will automatically win if the ct's are sort of new or are Silver 2 I think some maps need some vents taken away cough cough clouds 

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

Idk op vents makes the rebelling for ts really easy and if you get like pike on the T's will automatically win if the ct's are sort of new or are Silver 2 I think some maps need some vents taken away cough cough clouds 

Pike is like silver 2

" userid="53303"] i say we get rid of  gregor not played that often and dont really think it will be missed from the maps we can choose.

I don't think anyone has played half of those maps cause once it reaches those they disconnect

This list was made before I finished looking at the rest of the maps, these are some more maps that should get removed in my opinion, they will usually kill the server and are overall bad.

jb_battleforce_jail_csgo
ba_jail_shel_sgfix_csgo_v2 (Soccer ball is weird/No gun skins)
jb_deco_v4b (Fine I guess, but quite bad)
jb_iron_go (You do not spawn with knifes)
jb_ivanns_is_a_faggot_csgo_v2 (Like shel, weeb room is loud af, no gun skins, overall bad)
jb_sg_maws_v2
jb_stateprison_b3

7 hours ago, Clamps said:

6 hours ago, Clamps said:

I disagree with the removal of the overplayed maps, to be fair they are overplayed for a reason. They are good maps.

However I totally agree with the increase of the minimum time, this will totally give more diversity of maps, good idea Clamps!

----------------------------

3 hours ago, Harold the sloth[trading knife] said:

i say we get rid of  gregor not played that often and dont really think it will be missed from the maps we can choose.

Read again:

7 hours ago, Iherdcows said:

gregor

------------------------------

16 minutes ago, EL_PATRON said:

Mothership and spyder? Do you want to die

Would be hard for you to know since you don't play JB as much now days ;) But these maps are trash and kills the server/gets rtved every time.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, Iherdcows said:

Trying to reduce download time when connecting, and remove some of the maps that people felt killed population. 

electric
Spyder
gregor
stationx
mothership
Chernobyl

I was told that these maps tend to kill population making it harder to keep the server going.

JB Skins being removed (i'm unsure if they're being removed from all servers):

Some of these skins weren't even able to be purchased yet you still had to download them when you connected.

Skin                             #of players who had the skin

Deathstroke                   8

test skin cripz                6

test skin bloodz             7

JB VIP vanquishsuit      1

test skin kuristaj            12

Octodad                          48

Electric, gregor are good picks and although electric is a classic map space jail will be there to keep its memory.  Spyder being removed really disappoints me because i really liked that map, so i think it's time for me to revamp it.  

All the maps you listed were the ones that ended up getting randomly picked because no one nominated other maps and then just spammed 1 to vote for a map.  

Also which Chernobyl did you remove? ba_jail_chernobyl is the plain version and should be removed but jb_new_chernobyl was pretty decent.

And fuck all those skins. except maybe the deathstroke one.