Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trav

Alt Right Terrorism

3 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Lol they already are getting punched in the face

theres always more nazi punching to be done

7 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Let's stay on topic here. Alt right terrorist groups and lone wolves are the most likely domestic threat to the US.

I'm not surprised really. You just have to take one look at the youtube comments to any political video online.

7 minutes ago, Beerman said:

Let's stay on topic here. Alt right terrorist groups and Donald Trump are the most likely domestic threat to the US.

I made this a bit more accurate.

I'm not surprised really. You just have to take one look at the youtube comments to any political video online.

You should read the replied tweets on Fox News' tweets.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/abdullah-bin-zayed-trump-travel-ban-islamophobic-170201132819745.html

Why are people calling it a muslim ban? These are countries that the obama administration noted to be high danger, Trump's administration took action based on that.

I never read aljazeera ever, but If a predominantly muslim country that received a travel ban is saying it's not islamophobic, I don't understand the problem here. 

4 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

Why are people calling it a muslim ban?

Trump himself is the one who campaigned on it... calling it a Muslim ban.

wat.

24 minutes ago, Travesty said:

wat.

I'm moderate right, but I concede that Trump talks a little too much about this stuff. I just appreciate the affected countries not seeing it as an islamophobic move, but moreso one for national security

7 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

I'm moderate right, but I concede that Trump talks a little too much about this stuff. I just appreciate the affected countries not seeing it as an islamophobic move, but moreso one for national security

If it was about national security, why not ban a country like Saudi Arabia or the UAE, both of which have actually exported terrorism to the US?

http://www.snopes.com/trumps-muslim-ban-exclude-countries-businesses/

Oh, right.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/abdullah-bin-zayed-trump-travel-ban-islamophobic-170201132819745.html

Why are people calling it a muslim ban? These are countries that the obama administration noted to be high danger, Trump's administration took action based on that.

I never read aljazeera ever, but If a predominantly muslim country that received a travel ban is saying it's not islamophobic, I don't understand the problem here. 

Who here is saying this is a ban on Muslims? Other religions are impacted too.

31 minutes ago, Travesty said:

wat.

You realize this is the same shit Obama did in 2011 right?  Obama banned Visas for refugees coming from Iraq for 6 months.  Trump handled it poorly, but the media has blown this shit completely out of the water.  The headlines are absolutely ridiculous and then you click the article to find out it isn't even that bad.  If you don't believe me, go on the White House website yourself and read the entire executive order.  Don't let the media determine how you get your news.  The seven countries he "banned" are the same countries Obama had already identified as dangerous countries.  Yes, those Visas are no longer working for the next 90 days until they are able to screen these individuals to make sure they aren't radicalized.  Yes, it has pissed a lot of people off and I completely understand it and respect it, he didn't handle it the best way, but this is what needs to be done.  It has to be. 

ITT: People that don't know how to read both the letter and spirit of the law.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/01/trump_s_executive_order_on_immigration_is_a_muslim_ban.html

Don't forget the order prioritizes refugee claims on the basis of religious persecution, so long as the applicant belongs to a religion that is a minority in their country of origin (in a ban against countries where Islam is the majority religion). This provision would allow the White House to prioritize Christians from the Middle East over Muslims.

36 minutes ago, GossamerFox said:

Because it's a useless gesture that only invigorates his base rather than actually contribute to combating terrorism. We already intensively vet immigrants from these locations because like you said, the Obama administration noted these regions to be high danger. It not only gives ISIS and other militant groups propaganda to use against the West and it sends a message to people in these countries that the U.S. isn't actually looking out for their best interests. Hell at this point, I can't even entirely say it would be propaganda.

Speaking of high danger countries, it's a rather strange how Saudi Arabia, a country that's probably the world's largest source of funds for jihadist groups and a country Trump has business connections with were given a free pass.

Additionally, Qatar is simultaneously an American ally and another likely state sponsor of terrorism. Of course they're not going to openly antagonize the new President this early.  Considering Trump's temperament and the fact that they already in the awkward position of being accused as a terrorist funding trouble spot, what do you think would happen if Qatar openly declared that the ban was Islamophobic instead of conceding on the issue like they did?

49 minutes ago, Junzou said:

ITT: People that don't know how to read both the letter and spirit of the law.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/01/trump_s_executive_order_on_immigration_is_a_muslim_ban.html

Don't forget the order prioritizes refugee claims on the basis of religious persecution, so long as the applicant belongs to a religion that is a minority in their country of origin (in a ban against countries where Islam is the majority religion). This provision would allow the White House to prioritize Christians from the Middle East over Muslims.

To be fair, this was implemented to protect persecuted groups. And regarding Christians in Syria: The U.S. accepted 12,587 Syrian refugees in fiscal year 2016, and the overwhelming majority of them were Sunni Muslims, according to data from the Refugee Processing Center. (Sunnis tend to support the rebels and oppose President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war.) Just 64 Syrian refugees admitted to the U.S., or about 0.5 percent, were Christians in fiscal year 2016. So far this fiscal year, about 1.8 percent of the Syrian refugees accepted into the U.S. were Christians. 

So idk why there is an underrepresentation of Christians being accepted into the US, but it's there, in Syria at least. 

Shoot I forgot to include that Christians make up 10 percent of Syria. I think it was 10, I'm away from the computer now so idk.

2 hours ago, Savage Princess Little One said:

alt-right is just another name for nazi, and these nazis deserve to be punched in the fucking face

alt-right deserves to be punched in the face, and so do far lefters who planned "gas attacks" and metro-derailments as part of an "anti-fascist"movement.

1 hour ago, Couls said:

You realize this is the same shit Obama did in 2011 right?  Obama banned Visas for refugees coming from Iraq for 6 months.  Trump handled it poorly, but the media has blown this shit completely out of the water.  The headlines are absolutely ridiculous and then you click the article to find out it isn't even that bad.  If you don't believe me, go on the White House website yourself and read the entire executive order.  Don't let the media determine how you get your news.  The seven countries he "banned" are the same countries Obama had already identified as dangerous countries.  Yes, those Visas are no longer working for the next 90 days until they are able to screen these individuals to make sure they aren't radicalized.  Yes, it has pissed a lot of people off and I completely understand it and respect it, he didn't handle it the best way, but this is what needs to be done.  It has to be. 

Lol you read fake news. I love when the people who claim fake news the most gets caught reading false info. Let me drop some knowledge on you, then i implore you to give me more sources saying he banned Iraqi refugees, other than 1 ABC article. 

Obama never banned Iraqi refugees. While lower because they overhauled the vetting process and people had to redo their applications, people were still allowed in. Don't believe alternative facts.

Show me more sources that don't rely on that one ABC report and maybe I'll believe it.

Almost forgot this too
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/30/donald-trump/why-comparing-trumps-and-obamas-immigration-restri/

This is basic stuff. ABC got it wrong, and other agencies, clamoring the chance of helping Trump, ran with it as fact while ignoring the data. So if you take anything out of this, just know Obama didn't do anything remotely close to banning legal immigrants from entering the country. I could barely care less about the refugees. Trump banned visa and green card holders who have been here for years and told them to fuck off. 

5 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Need my cuppa with at least a bit of milk. Nan raised me right.

@Eddy has finally succumbed to my peer pressure, and brought some real English tea bags too, he loves it.

I suggest you speak to him, to source some of these bags yourself.

^This shit right here, would fix the world.

1 hour ago, Rayne said:

@Eddy has finally succumbed to my peer pressure, and brought some real English tea bags too, he loves it.

I suggest you speak to him, to source some of these bags yourself.

^This shit right here, would fix the world.

??? I've had PG Tips and Barry's in my pantry as long as I've had my apartment. Like I said, Nan raised me right.

I prefer Yorkshire Gold loose leaf in the mornings though. It's stronger.

10 minutes ago, Junzou said:

??? I've had PG Tips and Barry's in my pantry as long as I've had my apartment. Like I said, Nan raised me right.

I prefer Yorkshire Gold loose leaf in the mornings though. It's stronger.

Yorkshire Tea, not gold loose (if you can get the former) is the way to go. It is the best tea.

@Travesty Fuck Trump! Happy?

Yall keep trash talking trump, but you guys should be focusing your hate on hillary and the DNC. They are the ones who stole POTUS from bernie and made us have to deal with atleast 4 years of set backs.

5 minutes ago, Eddy said:

Yall keep trash talking trump, but you guys should be focusing your hate on hillary and the DNC. They are the ones who stole POTUS from bernie and made us have to deal with atleast 4 years of set backs.

You're absolutely right but this is what we've got to deal with and there's no better bear to poke than Trump and his cronies haha :)

#TinyHands

GTY_donald_trump_ml_160304_16x9_992.jpg