Sign in to follow this  
Rootbeer

sG on official Rust servers

Official Server  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an sG base on an official server?

• Yes
    • Not really, please don't kill our population =[

I've been wanting to do this ever since I started seeing big Cinematic Raid Cam videos:

IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES

POWER IN NUMBERS

sG Recruits and people not in sG can be our farmers guys xD

One big base would be ideal but it's going to take us a lot of wipes to get used to playing with each other and working together. Eventually we will have one big compound base that will fortify our loot. Then we will coordinate raid times and have our leaders coordinate the raids.

IMO if this can work, it will be a hell of a lot more fun (and a lot harder) than playing against each other.

Edited by Travesty

On 1/16/2017 at 11:01 AM, Travesty said:

sG Recruits and people not in sG can be our farmers guys xD

^^^^^^^^^

they can have their own little  fort next to ours where they live. 

Also, we need a council to lead, with 3 or so people on it.  One in charge of farming and gathering, one in charge of raids/defense, and one in charge of building the base.  These three then meet up to make major plans, and are in charge of certain aspects of their jobs.  

3 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Also, we need a council to lead, with 3 or so people on it.  One in charge of farming and gathering, one in charge of raids/defense, and one in charge of building the base.  These three then meet up to make major plans, and are in charge of certain aspects of their jobs.  

We are slowly shifting from a CSGO community to a big Rust clan -- I actually like it.

We should do a vote for the leaders. Nominate the leaders for each category. And have three separate votes.

I nominate @Zip for Main Base Builder :D

8 minutes ago, slyfox said:

one in charge of raids/defense

theres no such thing as a raid leader / defense leader 

once you're raiding if you have ONE person 'leading' the raid you're gonna lose

not even sure what you mean about defense

Edited by Eeiu

2 minutes ago, Eeiu said:

theres no such thing as a raid leader / defense leader 

once you're raiding if you're having ONE person 'leading' the raid you're gonna lose

not even sure what you mean about defense

One person organizing where we're entering is definitely important rather than multiple people arguing where we should blow up. Communication is important but one raid leader is cleaner. Things get too chaotic for multiple leaders.

Maybe he meant defending the raid base during an online raid? You need builders maintaining that shit while it's getting rocketed and guys in the raid base shooting the base we are attacking. You can't be in charge of the raid and be in charge of the raid base tho. That's hard to do.

2 minutes ago, Travesty said:

One person organizing where we're entering is definitely important rather than multiple people arguing where we should blow up. Communication is important but one raid leader is cleaner. Things get too chaotic for multiple leaders.

Maybe he meant defending the raid base during an online raid? You need builders maintaining that shit while it's getting rocketed and guys in the raid base shooting the base we are attacking. You can't be in charge of the raid and be in charge of the raid base tho. That's hard to do.

well having one person organize a raid is cleaner but the second the enemy actually wakes up it's kinda supposed to be chaotic 

if you watch more of those rust raidcams and listen to the comms it's not like you can just ignore it, especially with all the people in the raid

3 minutes ago, Eeiu said:

well having one person organize a raid is cleaner but the second the enemy actually wakes up it's kinda supposed to be chaotic 

if you watch more of those rust raidcams and listen to the comms it's not like you can just ignore it, especially with all the people in the raid

Oh of course, and communication is key in Rust since you don't know who's on your team necessarily. It's good to have people talking and guiding things but I think one raid leader is important to have. Along with the other knowledgeable people in our community guiding the raid along once the leader dies and has to respawn.

22 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Oh of course, and communication is key in Rust since you don't know who's on your team necessarily. It's good to have people talking and guiding things but I think one raid leader is important to have. Along with the other knowledgeable people in our community guiding the raid along once the leader dies and has to respawn.

on another note, 

if it's going to be a giant base, shit like this is probably gonna happen. (watch from 17:45 to 18:15)

the name of the player also really fits with who would probably do it

basically, attackers were all stuck when some idiot came in and let them all out freely, 0 game sense

but if we were to use multiple bases, i doubt any help would be given from other groups, lets say there was zip's base and karma's base, i don't think that they'd share any supplies even when asked to.

10 minutes ago, TotesMagoats said:

Oh pick me as farming/gathering leader....that's all I do...and build jails. FeelsAmazingMan

Can you handle the mental capacity it takes to manage the squeekers of our community? I know I don't lol

Mind you, if you build a jail and bag them in there... that should make things a bit easier.

11 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Can you handle the mental capacity it takes to manage the squeekers of our community? I know I don't lol

Mind you, if you build a jail and bag them in there... that should make things a bit easier.

Can I hand pick my group of gatherers? LOL. 

I honestly don't believe we need a specified leader tbh. I don't see any positive effects to having a single person back at main camp saying we need more rockets, we need more walls, pls go gather, here's who we're attacking tonight, etc. Input on what the village needs next is definitely important but I feel like that's something everyone can chime in on. If any disputes do happen to break out, I'm sure I and other neutral players like Trav and Junzou can mediate them.

I do agree on needing raid leaders though and our more experienced players can fill that role. Zerging gets chaotic real fast and we're totally going to need shot callers. I once teamed with Karma and some inexperienced players for a 10 man raid and teamspeak was awfully loud-- just imagine having 30+ people in there (which reminds me that we'll need to do some raiding boot camp before raiding [= ). Raid leaders can totally help alleviate that problem.

Gathering in my ideal camp would be done by everybody. With zergs back on sG Rust, I'd simply say how many rockets I gathered and made, another group would next, then the last group: from there we target the largest base that we believed we could take on with the pooled rockets. Splitting up loot has never been an issue as usually there's so much stuff to go around and I feel like this system would work on official as well; splitting up loot shouldn't be an issue at all since we're all on the same side now tbh.

As for the small stuff like components+materials, I feel like gathering squads would be the best way to go (unless you're just bored and wanna wander around gathering of course). With how populated official servers are, if you take more than a few steps outside your door then you're 100% going to find someone or someones. We can Walking Dead that shit: watch eachothers backs while they're gathering; safety in numbers. I'm not opposed to a dedicated gathering squad, but make sure at least one of you can kill people [=.

As for base defense, I do feel that if someone wants the walls of the village done a certain way then we can definitely have a base defense team that works on the wall design. Getting the village walled up will be a major milestone and the sooner we can get on that, the less time we have to run around trying to find a spot to settle without getting absolutely dicked on. We definitely need a person focused on the walls from the get-go -- it can even be with high ext. wooden walls since they're amazing in early game official.

1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

I honestly don't believe we need a specified leader tbh. I don't see any positive effects to having a single person back at main camp saying we need more rockets, we need more walls, pls go gather, here's who we're attacking tonight, etc. Input on what the village needs next is definitely important but I feel like that's something everyone can chime in on. If any disputes do happen to break out, I'm sure I and other neutral players like Trav and Junzou can mediate them.

I do agree on needing raid leaders though and our more experienced players can fill that role. Zerging gets chaotic real fast and we're totally going to need shot callers. I once teamed with Karma and some inexperienced players for a 10 man raid and teamspeak was awfully loud-- just imagine having 30+ people in there (which reminds me that we'll need to do some raiding boot camp before raiding [= ). Raid leaders can totally help alleviate that problem.

Gathering in my ideal camp would be done by everybody. With zergs back on sG Rust, I'd simply say how many rockets I gathered and made, another group would next, then the last group: from there we target the largest base that we believed we could take on with the pooled rockets. Splitting up loot has never been an issue as usually there's so much stuff to go around and I feel like this system would work on official as well; splitting up loot shouldn't be an issue at all since we're all on the same side now tbh.

As for the small stuff like components+materials, I feel like gathering squads would be the best way to go (unless you're just bored and wanna wander around gathering of course). With how populated official servers are, if you take more than a few steps outside your door then you're 100% going to find someone or someones. We can Walking Dead that shit: watch eachothers backs while they're gathering; safety in numbers. I'm not opposed to a dedicated gathering squad, but make sure at least one of you can kill people [=.

As for base defense, I do feel that if someone wants the walls of the village done a certain way then we can definitely have a base defense team that works on the wall design. Getting the village walled up will be a major milestone and the sooner we can get on that, the less time we have to run around trying to find a spot to settle without getting absolutely dicked on. We definitely need a person focused on the walls from the get-go -- it can even be with high ext. wooden walls since they're amazing in early game official.

we should definitely start doing this soon, while i still have time before classes start to pick up.   

16 minutes ago, slyfox said:

we should definitely start doing this soon, while i still have time before classes start to pick up.   

Same. I started today but it's light work for a couple weeks. So if we want to do this, we should do it this wipe or next. 

6 minutes ago, TotesMagoats said:

Same. I started today but it's light work for a couple weeks. So if we want to do this, we should do it this wipe or next. 

21 minutes ago, slyfox said:

I was hoping to get this thing started next official wipe, which would be the following Thursday, February 2nd.

15 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

I was hoping to get this thing started next official wipe, which would be the following Thursday, February 2nd.

Where would the server be located?

Edited by slyfox

On 1/18/2017 at 8:47 AM, slyfox said:

Where would the server be located?

I'm looking for a good central server that has monthly wipes and a high-ish maximum amount of players on. 300 or even 350 would be amazing, but with the official list that I've seen, 200 might have to be settled on. I think New York 2 fits these requirements but if you guys know of any other good official servers, let me know.

I HAVE JUST ONE QUESTION FOR YOU....  ARE YOU READY?....

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS THURSDAY NIGHT, 

WHEN SYNDICATE GAMERS BANDS TOGETHER  TO TAKE ON THE WORLD

AND DESTROY EVIL IN THE

RUST SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER SLAM!

We should take a vote on what will happen... Will sG dominate the server? Will we be wiped out by another clan? Will we destroy ourselves? Will we be betrayed and have one member declare themselves king? Or will there be so much bickering and in-fighting that the base will become un-usable due to not being able to move around because of the salt piles cluttering up the place.