Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rock

Thinking of new build $1,500 budget

Hey guys of the tech world i am thinking about making a new build (MINUS MY GRAPHICS CARD AND PROCESSOR) with a budget of around $1,500 it can go a little bit over but not so much to where I am broke. If you have any suggestions please help would mean a lot  

the gpu and cpu are 90% of the performance of the PC. That's where the majority of your cost will come from. 

I'd like to construct a vehicle without the engine or exhaust assembly, budget is 8 dollars, help pls

7 minutes ago, Sith said:

I'd like to construct a vehicle without the engine or exhaust assembly, budget is 8 dollars, help pls

You can probably afford the frame of a Barbie car. Those things last a while, so I wouldn't worry about the durability.

12 minutes ago, Sith said:

f91fb28762bd57eb4199f9532153135b.jpg

27 minutes ago, Zip said:

$1,500 budget without GPU and CPU???

25 minutes ago, Avery said:

the gpu and cpu are 90% of the performance of the PC. That's where the majority of your cost will come from. 

xD

What is your CPU and GPU that you're willing to spend $1500 on a case, SSD, power supply, MOBO, monitor, mechanical keyboard (why not?), mouse, and bags of doritos and shit ton of mountain dews? You could make a serious high end build with that money using a i7 6700K and a GTX 1070. 

Just upgrade Case and get SSDs if you dont have any already. One cool thing would be water cooling. (Soundcards are nice too)

5 minutes ago, VEGEMITEKILLER said:

What is your CPU and GPU that you're willing to spend $1500 on a case, SSD, power supply, MOBO, monitor, mechanical keyboard (why not?), mouse, and bags of doritos and shit ton of mountain dews? You could make a serious high end build with that money using a i7 6700K and a GTX 1070. 

yea pretty much

3 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

Just upgrade Case and get SSDs if you dont have any already. One cool thing would be water cooling. (Soundcards are nice too)

yea but thats the thing idk what ones to get, and water cooling does sound nice

25 minutes ago, LVL4ROCK said:

yea pretty much

yea but thats the thing idk what ones to get, and water cooling does sound nice

Research it.

I have a 1080 and a i7 already it was my start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can buy a pretty damn nice cardboard box for fifteen hundred

edit: or save money ya filthy animal

2 hours ago, Swed said:

Kids arent willing to do work, lel. @driz

XD im 14 and i research almost everything i buy. I dont wanna waste money cuz i dont have much of it.

Rock you could buy a really nice 2nd monitor and if it is really nice make it your main. (Or maybe a third if you have 2)

2 hours ago, LVL4ROCK said:

I have a 1080 and a i7 already it was my start

What i7 do you have? Is it a skylake (6xxx)? To be honest I don't know what you're looking for if you already have a 1080 and an i7. If it is a skylake, you would already have ddr4 ram, a decent mobo with current slots, and after market cooling. Not much else to spend money on. You need to give us a bit more information for us to tell you what you should be spending on.

Yea that true I do need one and imma start looking into it , and also water coolers

What i7 do you have? Is it a skylake (6xxx)? To be honest I don't know what you're looking for if you already have a 1080 and an i7. If it is a skylake, you would already have ddr4 ram, a decent mobo with current slots, and after market cooling. Not much else to spend money on. You need to give us a bit more information for us to tell you what you should be spending on.

My i7 is a 4790S , and I'm looking into water cooling, I have a DDR3 12GB, a GTX 1080, one 24" monitor, a razer black widow ultimate 2014 edition keyboard , and a razer taipan mouse. That is my current setup. I am also looking into getting a double or triple monitor setup

24 minutes ago, FreeLancer said:

Rock you could buy a really nice 2nd monitor and if it is really nice make it your main. (Or maybe a third if you have 2)

Yea that seems like a nice option to have to my setup, I might just buy 2 more so that i have 2 for my pc and 1 for my ps4

20 minutes ago, LVL4ROCK said:

Yea that true I do need one and imma start looking into it , and also water coolers

My i7 is a 4790S , and I'm looking into water cooling, I have a DDR3 12GB, a GTX 1080, one 24" monitor, a razer black widow ultimate 2014 edition keyboard , and a razer taipan mouse. That is my current setup. I am also looking into getting a double or triple monitor setup

Thanks. Now your options would be to upgrade your mobo, cpu, and ram etc. to the current high end ones. I don't know what kind of performance you're seeing, or what games you play other than CSGO, but I doubt you'll see huge improvements.

CPU Benchmark results: 

Intel Core i7-4790S vs Core i7-6700K
Userbenchmark Effective CPU Speed: 76.8% vs 97.6%  
Intel Core i7-4790S  - 52nd / 920  
Intel Core i7-6700K  - 7th / 920

I really don't think it'd be worth spending all that money at this point, as your current stuff is pretty good. One thing that you could see pretty drastic improvements would be in your storage; especially if you only have a hard drive and not an ssd. If you don't upgrade your mobo, you can upgrade to an SSD (assuming you don't have one) - or if you do go the route of upgrading, you could go with nvme. 

I would definitely say a good investment is in at least a second monitor (meaning buy a better monitor for your primary, and move your current one to your second one). I personally don't have one ( :( ) but I have heard nothing but amazing things from 144hz monitors and how it looks while playing games, so I would suggest going that route for now.

Even though you're young, there's no reason to waste money if you're not going to see big increases in performance. Save the money until the next gen of stuff comes out instead. Again this is highly dependent on what games you're looking to play, and assuming everything is running smooth for you right now.

Also, with your $1500+ budget, you could just do this:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Intel-Core-i7-6950X/Rating/3604

4 minutes ago, Moose said:

Thanks. Now your options would be to upgrade your mobo, cpu, and ram etc. to the current high end ones. I don't know what kind of performance you're seeing, or what games you play other than CSGO, but I doubt you'll see huge improvements CPU Benchmark results: 

Intel Core i7-4790S vs Core i7-6700K
Userbenchmark Effective CPU Speed: 76.8% vs 97.6%  
Intel Core i7-4790S  - 52nd / 920  
Intel Core i7-6700K  - 7th / 920

I really don't think it'd be worth spending all that money at this point, as your current stuff is pretty good. One thing that you could see pretty drastic improvements would be in your storage; especially if you only have a hard drive and not an ssd. If you don't upgrade your mobo, you can upgrade to an SSD (assuming you don't have one) - or if you do go the route of upgrading, you could go with nvme. 

I would definitely say a good investment is in at least a second monitor (meaning buy a better monitor for your primary, and move your current one to your second one). I personally don't have one ( :( ) but I have heard nothing but amazing things from 144hz monitors and how it looks while playing games, so I would suggest going that route for now.

Even though you're young, there's no reason to waste money if you're not going to see big increases in performance. Save the money until the next gen of stuff comes out instead. Again this is highly dependent on what games you're looking to play, and assuming everything is running smooth for you right now.

Ok will look into the i7 and a monitor and with the money i have renaming i will just put it within my bank account for a car or some of my college fund, but thank you for all the help appriciate it alot :) 

5 minutes ago, LVL4ROCK said:

Ok will look into the i7 and a monitor and with the money i have renaming i will just put it within my bank account for a car or some of my college fund, but thank you for all the help appriciate it alot :) 

Be sure to understand that new cpu's will require a new mobo, they have different slots for the cpu, as well as require ddr4 ram. If you decide what you want, I can help you pick out parts.

@Moose yea I was also looking into getting a new mobo but I dont know witch route to go down as I haven't changed out the motherboard that came with this pc stock I have been looking into some Asus mobos that seem to be nice, and I think I will make an investment into that i7 6700k.

11 minutes ago, LVL4ROCK said:

@Moose yea I was also looking into getting a new mobo but I dont know witch route to go down as I haven't changed out the motherboard that came with this pc stock I have been looking into some Asus mobos that seem to be nice, and I think I will make an investment into that i7 6700k.

You can get that Kaby Lake tho :B): 7700k... tbh I forgot they were out. 

Anyways, here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FVZRqk

or potential other monitor choice: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fMcMnQ/asus-monitor-mg278q

I didn't put a case or power supply assuming you wouldn't have to replace them. There's also other things like ram with fancy LED's on them if you're into that kind of thing.

23 minutes ago, Moose said:

You can get that Kaby Lake tho :B): 7700k... tbh I forgot they were out. 

Anyways, here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FVZRqk

or potential other monitor choice: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fMcMnQ/asus-monitor-mg278q

I didn't put a case or power supply assuming you wouldn't have to replace them. There's also other things like ram with fancy LED's on them if you're into that kind of thing.

Ok, thank you and i dont think imma need a 7700k for things like witcher 3... so and so forth but i will be using that parts list including the 24 inch monitor but no need for the fancy LED's and things like that. 

But thank you for all the help with the parts and recommendations it really helps. <3 :)  

Ho. Lee. Shit. If you got that kinda stuff already... *insert really long Spanish aristocratic name here as a swear*. I mean you could do way more than CS:GO with that stuff. SERIOUSLY. Where'd you pick up the i7, if you don't mind my asking? Because if you got that kind of a budget to start with, you'd be better off with a stinking 5820K and X99. But, building around what you have, with a $1500 budget really depends on whether or not you want custom water cooling. That's what kinda money you're talking about here. For now, I'll assume not and give you a draft epic build around them...

link removed in edit

Remove either the 800GB NVMe SSD or the other SSD and disk, your choice.

I gave it dual-monitor at WQHD, rebalance to 4K if you prefer one.

Obviously you can change the case to something aesthetically different if you so choose, the Crystal 560X RGB is a pretty epic case itself if you decide against custom WC. I did not account for extra RGB lighting and personalization features.

I threw in 32 GB memory, feel free to reduce to 16 if you want.

P.S. - What model 1080 do you have?

Edit: Ok, I posted this after a while without refreshing and it is clear that everyone else covered most of this post.