Sign in to follow this  
ectoBiologist

May you please help me :( The game isn't letting me join.

Try this and let us know if it fixes your issue:

1. Ensure you aren't subscribed to the map.

2. Navigate to where you have installed GMOD and find the maps folder (Typically C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Garrys Mod\

2 a. I'm pretty unfamiliar with GMOD as I hate the game, but CS:GO it is CSGO\csgo\maps, so it'll probably be in a \maps\ folder after the file path above.

3. Locate the map ttt_mc_dolls_v2.bsp in the above folder

4. Delete the map, and attempt to connect and redownload the map.

Often times that will fix the issue, let us know if it does or doesn't, and we can try and help you further.

Edited by Moose

When I had this issue, uninstalling the dolls map from my addons section (accessed through the menu, not the folder location on your computer) did the trick. It re-downloaded when I tried to join and I was in.

Edit since Moose and I posted at the same time; I tried it the way Moose has shown, but the wrong version of the map kept reinstalling when I opened GMOD because I had subscribed to a version of the map that was no longer being used.

Edited by Darren

This issue happens sometimes if you have a different version of the map and/or it didn't download correctly.

Like Moose said, find the map and delete it. It should be in the downloads folder with rust.

Also make sure you haven't subscribed to an addon that has the map.

3 minutes ago, centran said:

This issue happens sometimes if you have a different version of the map and/or it didn't download correctly.

Like Moose said, find the map and delete it. It should be in the downloads folder with rust.

Also make sure you haven't subscribed to an addon that has the map.

Ok imma try it out. If it doesn't work oh well :P

33 minutes ago, Darren said:

When I had this issue, uninstalling the dolls map from my addons section (accessed through the menu, not the folder location on your computer) did the trick. It re-downloaded when I tried to join and I was in.

This is correct.

The map is being updated quite a bit so you may need to do this again in the future to continue playing. 

This could be a problem on our end too... I ended up changing the map to _v2 myself because the map was updated through the workshop, but because the map was in the workshop the map author did not update the map name. In order for me to add it to our fast dl I had to change the name so that this wouldn't happen to others but apparently there is another edit out there that has that name... I will look into changing it later today.

EDIT: I removed the map for now till I can get home and take a look.

Edited by ZachPL