Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerald

2016 Presidential Election: The Year Memes Came True

6 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Because thats not what he said while he ran lol. Hes changed almost every policy he had since he won. So now people are still justifiably pissed at what he said and soon his supporters will see hes not giving them exactly what was promised and theyll be pissed to.

Oh yes, because I've heard so many people complain about how now he isn't going to deport EVERY illegal immigrant. (Sarcasm)

I knew this is what was going to happen from the beginning. Trump was going to be talked about because of his big mouth, but once he won, I knew he was going to calm down. I knew he wasn't going to deport every single illegal immigrant. Sure, yes that's what he made it sound like, but I knew from the get go that it wasn't going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Christmas said:

Okay, which of you shits voted for Trump.

And it was my first election. Pretty cool.

56 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Oh yes, because I've heard so many people complain about how now he isn't going to deport EVERY illegal immigrant. (Sarcasm)

I knew this is what was going to happen from the beginning. Trump was going to be talked about because of his big mouth, but once he won, I knew he was going to calm down. I knew he wasn't going to deport every single illegal immigrant. Sure, yes that's what he made it sound like, but I knew from the get go that it wasn't going to happen. 

And it was my first election. Pretty cool.

I've seen trump supporters screaming that he promised to deport them all and get pissed. His official stance from the start was total deportation and the "work out a system to let the good ones come back". He sold his supporters a crock of shit and regardless of if it means those against him will be happier it still shows he won by lying and that hes already going back on promises

10 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

it still shows he won by lying and that hes already going back on promises

Oh no. Who would have thought a Presidential candidate would lie about something. Never heard of that before.

26 minutes ago, Ironic said:

Oh no. Who would have thought a Presidential candidate would lie about something. Never heard of that before.

Never heard of a candidate editing his entire platform like trump is lol

2 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Never heard of a candidate editing his entire platform like trump is lol

Oh yes, because it does sure seem like Trump is going to change everything he said he was going to do.

30 minutes ago, Ironic said:

That false equivalency, doe.

Also another fun couple of notes from just today:

1. Trump is supposedly trying to get around the rule that prohibits him from hiring his own relatives (notably his son-in-law).

2. Trump currently has no real transition team, and it seems the transition between President to President-elect isn't moving because of the incompetency of the Trump campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-transition-team_us_582b9516e4b0aa8910bd97a5?j0hcq2mfqzpl6dpldi

The disarray has left agencies virtually frozen, unable to communicate with the people tasked with replacing them and their staff. Trump transition team officials were a no-show at the Pentagon, the Washington Examiner reported. Same goes for the Department of Energy, responsible for keeping the nation’s nuclear weapons safe, where officials had expected members of the Trump transition team on Monday. Ditto for the Department of Transportation. Over at the Justice Department, officials also are still waiting to hear from the Trump team.

So how about them cabinet picks Stephen Bannon, Jeff Sessions and Michael Flynn? Along with possible picks for Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich... 

We so fucked.

12 hours ago, OBrian said:

So how about them cabinet picks Stephen Bannon, Jeff Sessions and Michael Flynn? Along with possible picks for Sarah Palin, Chris Christie, Ben Carson, Newt Gingrich... 

We so fucked.

Stephen Bannon, someone doesn't try to hide being a white supremacist is now among Trump's chief advisors.

Jeffrey Sessions, our new Attorney General was too racist even for Alabama in the 80s, is one of the biggest proponents against the Drug War and could very well reverse all the progress made in legalizing marijuana.

Micheal Flynn our new National Security Adviser is notorious for being hotheaded, was mocked by his colleagues for distorting reality, and may very well have several conflicts of interest with ties with authoritarian leaders such as Erdogan and of course, Putin.

I'm not sure how to describe this as anything but absolutely horrifying.

8 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Trump throwing a shit fit about the recount and quoting fake reports. All I can say is lol 

Hes not throwing a fit, he's speaking on it just like anybody would lol. 

People talking about doing a re-count is fucking retarded and a waste of anybody's time. 

38 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Trump throwing a shit fit about the recount and quoting fake reports. All I can say is lol 

It's a waste of time.  I would be pretty annoyed myself.  Everyone just can't get over the fact that he was elected president.  Move on with your life and deal with it.  Clinton conceded and is suddenly joining the effort in a recount.  Such a waste of time.  He's the president so get over it and deal with it.

1 hour ago, Couls said:

It's a waste of time.  I would be pretty annoyed myself.  Everyone just can't get over the fact that he was elected president.  Move on with your life and deal with it.  Clinton conceded and is suddenly joining the effort in a recount.  Such a waste of time.  He's the president so get over it and deal with it.

When computer scientists advise Jill and Hillary to do a recount because of irregularities I don't think its a waste of time. Also he isn't president until the college votes. They still have the right to not vote for him regardless of how their states voted. And if this recount shows the margins are closer than originally reported some of the electors will likely switch. Don't see how a recount of relatively close states could be considered a waste of time. Trump put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA and a woman against public education as secretary of education I don't understand how people aren't happy about this.

On 11/27/2016 at 4:24 PM, Ordinarygamer96 said:

When computer scientists advise Jill and Hillary to do a recount because of irregularities I don't think its a waste of time. Also he isn't president until the college votes. They still have the right to not vote for him regardless of how their states voted. And if this recount shows the margins are closer than originally reported some of the electors will likely switch. Don't see how a recount of relatively close states could be considered a waste of time. Trump put a climate change denier in charge of the EPA and a woman against public education as secretary of education I don't understand how people aren't happy about this.

Going against the vote of the state will cause an even bigger problem in this country.  All those protests you see now might turn into violence if that happens.  "Faithless Electors" as they are called can be fined and removed from their position in some states.  Also, these electors aren't randoms off the street.  They are picked based on their qualifications and leadership among the party. Going against their party will create an even bigger uproar.  Many of them are already forced to vote based on their state's popular vote.  99% of electors have voted as pledged in the US's history.  It won't happen. He is the President of the United States and eventually the country is gonna have to stop with the denial.  

https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/electors.html#restrictions

The real question should be how bad are the memes going to be in 2020 when Kanye is running for president against Trump. We'll found out in four years, lets try to prepare ourselves <3