Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerald

2016 Presidential Election: The Year Memes Came True

3 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

All illegals? No. 

Some illegals, I hope so. 

Aren't you scared?  Even if you came here legally, there's still going to be a lot of bias towards you just for being Mexican.

Kappa

I'm concerned for the safety of my family. Trump being president, or Mike Pence, after Trump's inevitably impeached, encourages more bold action and response from those who hate non-whites. It's strange, unpleasant, and shitty, but there's no doubt that hate crimes have been on the rise since the election results. It's less so about Trump and more so about his supporters, being the issue. He's just the face of the hate.

36 minutes ago, Junzou said:

Aren't you scared?  Even if you came here legally, there's still going to be a lot of bias towards you just for being Mexican.

Kappa

1. not mexican

2. born here

3. even if I were mexican, i'm too rich to be deported

2 hours ago, Couls said:

Because only Trump supporters are saying terrible things right?  Trump said in an interview yesterday that he wanted his supporters to stop harassing minorities.   He wants to unify.  Don't just think Trump supporters are saying this stuff. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=822830721192088&set=a.104609333014234.6228.100003955027740&type=3&theater

Can't get the freaking image to just pop up. FML

They put him on the spot to say that. It took an interviewer asking him straight up to get him to even comment on it. So that does not count for shit

22 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

They put him on the spot to say that. It took an interviewer asking him straight up to get him to even comment on it. So that does not count for shit

Does being asked about something somehow discount the sincerity or meaningfulness of your response? 

9 minutes ago, Junzou said:

1669818b56b061369ef9764b51197d55.gif

How far you have come from rainbow hitler. 

35 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

Does being asked about something somehow discount the sincerity or meaningfulness of your response? 

When his only response other than that was effectively "keep up the hate crimes", I don't believe its enough. Officially condemning them during a press conference and on social media would be a start. As well as promising to take action against anyone committing these actions in his name.

11 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

When his only response other than that was effectively "keep up the hate crimes", I don't believe its enough. Officially condemning them during a press conference and social media would be a start.

When did he say, or effectively say, "keep up the hate crimes" ?

As far as I know Trump has never openly endorsed or incited any hate crimes whatsoever. 

Hate groups endorsing Trump != Trump endorsing hate groups. 

40 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

When did he say, or effectively say, "keep up the hate crimes" ?

As far as I know Trump has never openly endorsed or incited any hate crimes whatsoever. 

Hate groups endorsing Trump != Trump endorsing hate groups. 

They asked him to denounce hate crimes. If he refused that iss effectively condoning them. He could take a public stance on social media all his supporters view instead of an interview most wont hear about. He has in the past yelled "get them out of here ill pay the legal fees". That to me effectively condoned violence towards protesters. He also effectively dodged the issue of ever condemning hate groups supporting him. Remember his "I don't know David Duke" spiel when asked to refused his support?

12 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

They asked him to denounce hate crimes. If he refused that iss effectively condoning them. He could take a public stance on social media all his supporters view instead of an interview most wont hear about. He has in the past yelled "get them out of here ill pay the legal fees". That to me effectively condoned violence towards protesters. 

But Trump did denounce hate crimes...Isn't that exactly what he did on CBS?

I assume your "pay the legal fees" comment is referring to the following

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-legal-fees-punch-protester-2016-3

Do you know what a hate crime is?  Violence against protesters != hate crime. 

Trump may have advocated violence, but he didn't advocate wanton violence. He condoned reactive violence. 

In any case, none of this is him condoning hate crimes. Trump doesn't care if you are white, black, brown or yellow. He just didn't want tomatoes thrown at him. 

3 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

But Trump did denounce hate crimes...Isn't that exactly what he did on CBS?

I assume your "pay the legal fees" comment is referring to the following

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-legal-fees-punch-protester-2016-3

Do you know what a hate crime is?  Violence against protesters != hate crime. 

Trump may have advocated violence, but he didn't advocate wanton violence. He condoned reactive violence. 

In any case, none of this is him condoning hate crimes. Trump doesn't care if you are white, black, brown or yellow. He just didn't want tomatoes thrown at him. 

Once again my point is he only did it when cornered and in a spot where none of his supporters will be directly exposed to it or take seriously.  Considering the supporter who did assault a protester said he hit the guy who was black "because we don't know if hes ISIS or not" I'd consider it a hate crime

14 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Once again my point is he only did it when cornered and in a spot where none of his supporters will be directly exposed to it or take seriously.  Considering the supporter who did assault a protester said he hit the guy who was black "because we don't know if hes ISIS or not" I'd consider it a hate crime

So you are now claiming NO republicans watch CBS? bold claim, one that I can confidently say is wrong.

Can you link me to the interview with the supporter who assaulted the black guy? I find your quoting and reasoning to be dubious.

But even if the supporter did it because the guy was black, Trump didn't tell him to do it. He did it on his own.  

36 minutes ago, fatb0y said:

So you are now claiming NO republicans watch CBS? bold claim, one that I can confidently say is wrong.

Can you link me to the interview with the supporter who assaulted the black guy? I find your quoting and reasoning to be dubious.

But even if the supporter did it because the guy was black, Trump didn't tell him to do it. He did it on his own.  

I didn't mean none of them would see it I meant his statement would not have any specific weight for them because they will like me see he only said it because he was pressured. If he meant it he would take to social media and say it directly to his supporters. 

Also this article has the video where the supporter to assaulted a protester spoke. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-supporter-charged-with-assault-of-rally-protester-says-next-time-we-see-him-we-might-a6924786.html

8 hours ago, Travesty said:

Do you think Trump will fill his promise of deporting the illegals?

It all depends on how willing the Republicans are and if they remove the filibuster. The Republican Party talks big on illegal immigration. But even they've always been aware of the massive economic repercussions of deporting all of those grossly underpaid workers in undesirable jobs that now have to be replaced by Americans that would never do them at the wages undocumented workers work for. It would devastate the service and construction industry and everyone except Donald Trump knows it. The way it is now, Trump can't follow through with his promise unless his party completely bends the knee.

If anything, I'm afraid of what's going to happen when he realizes that his own Vice President and even party doesn't actually like him and his protectionist policies and are only using him to push their laissez faire and overtly religious policies while they have the chance. Trump isn't a person who has taken "No" for an answer at any point in his life and if his reaction to the VP debate is any indication, he doesn't like not being the center of attention either. Eventually, he'll come to despise Paul Ryan even more than Clinton and Obama for in his mind, acting as an obstruction that he does not have the authority to fire. He'll then turn on Mike Pence when he sees that Pence is making headlines for being the brain behind the policies enacted.

Steve Bannon being appointed as Trump's chief strategist is a clear sign that there will be tension between Trump's Alt Right administration and the remaining Republicans that aren't on board with it in the future. I fully expect the Republican Party to use whatever big scandal happens under Trump's administration as the perfect opportunity to impeach him. They would love for Trump to just disappear and have Pence, a staunch conservative Republican to completely take over.

I keyed only on one thing here... That you think Trump despises the Clintons.... They've been friends for over 40 years.... Why do you think the special investigation isn't happening

Remember, Trump has always been a Democrat... I don't think he will be surprised to learn the GOP doesn't care for him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

because they will like me see he only said it because he was pressured.

So essentially this is your speculation in the matter, and you don't actually have proof of what you say because Trump hasn't said anything to contradict his statement.

You've argued around the same point with extraneous evidence, so I'm not quite sure what you're trying to prove other than you have an opinion.

Tfw I live in an area where it's basically 90% Hispanic/latino and I'm in that category too. This county and the three around it are really blue and I'd like to see the first supremacist say "BUILD THAT WALL". The news is gonna say something like "Man found dead from what appears to be suicide by beating himself to death." People actually don't openly come out as trump supporters down here lmao.

Also, by down here, I'm saying that I live in a border town, 5 min drive from the big ol sign that says "BIENVENIDOS" and "Welcome to Mexico!"

3 hours ago, Rune said:

So essentially this is your speculation in the matter, and you don't actually have proof of what you say because Trump hasn't said anything to contradict his statement.

You've argued around the same point with extraneous evidence, so I'm not quite sure what you're trying to prove other than you have an opinion.

Suppose you're a hardcore racist asshole that got all excited Trump won so you've gone out and fucked with peoples lives. Will you actually change your feelings because trump said something after being asked to on an interview? Or will it actually take him straight up directly speaking to his supporters on social media or a press conference etc to see hes actually serious about stopping whats happening. Because other than when directly asked face to face he hasn't spoken against anything thats happening and I'm sure his extreme supporters see that to. Look I'm not saying Trump is calling for hate crimes what I'm saying is he did organize alotof his rhetoric during his campaign to get fringe racist groups to support him and hes still refusing to condemn their support even after winning.

19 hours ago, Travesty said:

Do you think Trump will fill his promise of deporting the illegals?

He stated that right now they're just going to look into getting the criminal illegals (drug dealers, rapists, etc.) out of the country. And then they'll decide what to do with the rest, which I'm sure will basically in a way giving them permission to be here. He stated that most of them (Illegals) are "good hard working people", it's just the ones that are causing problems that he wants to get rid of.

I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of this.

3 hours ago, Ironic said:

He stated that right now they're just going to look into getting the criminal illegals (drug dealers, rapists, etc.) out of the country. And then they'll decide what to do with the rest, which I'm sure will basically in a way giving them permission to be here. He stated that most of them (Illegals) are "good hard working people", it's just the ones that are causing problems that he wants to get rid of.

Because thats not what he said while he ran lol. Hes changed almost every policy he had since he won. So now people are still justifiably pissed at what he said and soon his supporters will see hes not giving them exactly what was promised and theyll be pissed to.

4 hours ago, Ironic said:

Because he promised a deportation force to remove ALL illegal immigrants during the campaign, INCLUDING children that were born in the USA lmao.

So I guess there goes another promise lol. Still waiting on this list of promises vs. promises kept.

Bill Burr on Trump:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/01/22/here-are-76-of-donald-trumps-many-campaign-promises/

Just reading some of these promises, it's exactly what Bill Burr said:

Trump is exactly like the kid who didn't read the book in class and has to do a summary of the book out loud. He was just making it up as he goes and you guys bought every bit of it hahaha

21 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

2 hours ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Hes changed almost every policy he had since he won. So now people are still justifiably pissed at what he said and soon his supporters will see hes not giving them exactly what was promised and theyll be pissed to.

Trump's campaign has been about telling it how it is.  He has never condoned hate crimes in the first place.  Since the election, he has done all the right things in my opinion.  His speeches have shown a sense of willingness to unify and be a president for all Americans.  It's not even the majority of his supporters saying these racist remarks.  Trump has dealt with media backlash with stuff he has said for his entire campaign and it hasn't changed anything.  He wasn't backed into a corner because of a media interview, he was serious when he meant it.  The election is over and he wants to get past this so he can focus on helping the country.  People continuing to say "Not my President" is one of the reason's why the US is so divided.  Regardless if you are Democratic, Republican, or however you identify yourself politically, everyone is an American.  With me personally, I don't believe he can do everything he promised in his campaign.  A lot of the stuff he said seems too unrealistic to me.  I didn't care though.  I just saw another Obama with Hillary and I didn't want that.  I wanted change and something different and I felt Trump was that person. 

29 minutes ago, Couls said:

Trump's campaign has been about telling it how it is.  He has never condoned hate crimes in the first place.  Since the election, he has done all the right things in my opinion.  His speeches have shown a sense of willingness to unify and be a president for all Americans.  It's not even the majority of his supporters saying these racist remarks.  Trump has dealt with media backlash with stuff he has said for his entire campaign and it hasn't changed anything.  He wasn't backed into a corner because of a media interview, he was serious when he meant it.  The election is over and he wants to get past this so he can focus on helping the country.  People continuing to say "Not my President" is one of the reason's why the US is so divided.  Regardless if you are Democratic, Republican, or however you identify yourself politically, everyone is an American.  With me personally, I don't believe he can do everything he promised in his campaign.  A lot of the stuff he said seems too unrealistic to me.  I didn't care though.  I just saw another Obama with Hillary and I didn't want that.  I wanted change and something different and I felt Trump was that person. 

How is he "telling it like it is" when all his promises are impossible to keep and based off false facts? Saying a few words about unity does not mean shit. Real action would be promising prosecution of anyone committing crimes in his name.