Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

CSGO Lag With Twitch

So I haven't had the time to do much more than a quick google search on the issue, so I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing anything similar either after a CSGO or Windows update. Essentially if I'm playing CS, I usually would either watch a stream or stream myself. This has never been an issue for me, but around the time the Windows 10 anniversary update (was around the same time as some csgo updates as well) my game lags while I try to do either. My fps while streaming/having a stream open is still 250+, my ping is fine, and all other stats in net graph appear normal. The game is just rubber-bandy. Anyone else have any similar issues, or suggestions on any settings that may have turned on/off that would have affected this?

For reference, I know it's not my ability to do it. As I said, it's always worked fine, and any other game runs perfectly fine while doing the same. For those of you (like me) who would still demand to know specs, this is what I've got:

i7 6700k

r9 390

16 gb 3000 mhz

games are on a samsung 850 evo

And this is probably about my average internet speeds, although my ping is a bit high.

46c096e7a9.jpg

Edit: @Nau if you're talking about game dvr, I've had that disabled since they pushed that update. Were there more settings other than that?

I know there has been an issue if you are running windows 10. The auto-installed Xbox app has VR settings that have been causing a lot of performance drops for people. Those settings are auto-enabled as well so I would look into that.

I've had issues in certain games where having a video playing on one monitor will cause a game on another to lag. I think it has to do with how the VRAM is clocked for certain tasks. I usually just close the video and it fixes itself.

12 minutes ago, Swed said:

I've had issues in certain games where having a video playing on one monitor will cause a game on another to lag. I think it has to do with how the VRAM is clocked for certain tasks. I usually just close the video and it fixes itself.

It does fix the issue if I close it.. But I'd like to be able to watch a stream or stream like normal... Also, so far it has only been in csgo.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

It does fix the issue if I close it.. But I'd like to be able to watch a stream or stream like normal... Also, so far it has only been in csgo.

I've not found a solution to the issue, sadly.

1 minute ago, Moose said:

Check your ram frequencies are correct in your BIOS with your current set up it shouldnt be an issue.

I've had an issue before where playing a video on my second monitor would make my GPU go into idle clocks for whatever reason. Maybe it thought I was only watching a movie instead of playing / watching at the same time. Kind of a long shot, but it's worth it to check it out

I've noticed that after the update my QoS settings were changed. It didn't cause an issue for me, but maybe you should check those out if able.

i know this is an old thread, but @Moose does AMD happen to have shit like shadowplay that nvidia has? and if so, did any update turn that off? I had a similar issue while streaming WOW @ 1080p@60FPS where i started banding all over, looked in settings and shadowplay was disabled. reenabled it and streaming was negligible again.

another possibility is the time i was using x264 to encode rather than Nvidia NVENC, again, not sure if AMD has something similar, but def some things to look into (obviously, you could also buy non-amd trash...)

2 hours ago, driz said:

i know this is an old thread, but @Moose does AMD happen to have shit like shadowplay that nvidia has? and if so, did any update turn that off? I had a similar issue while streaming WOW @ 1080p@60FPS where i started banding all over, looked in settings and shadowplay was disabled. reenabled it and streaming was negligible again.

another possibility is the time i was using x264 to encode rather than Nvidia NVENC, again, not sure if AMD has something similar, but def some things to look into (obviously, you could also buy non-amd trash...)

The discussion was about watching streams, not encoding and uploading them. For example, having CSGO open in one window and twitch open in chrome in another. This setup would cause FPS lag in the csgo window, for no reason at all.

5 minutes ago, Swed said:

The discussion was about watching streams, not encoding and uploading them. For example, having CSGO open in one window and twitch open in chrome in another. This setup would cause FPS lag in the csgo window, for no reason at all.

It's actually either of them, and still an issue. I've resorted to just not streaming or watching twitch while playing CSGO, although the last time I tried to watch twitch while playing, it seemed to be less laggy than previous attempts. Still would love to be able to fix it.

2 hours ago, Moose said:

It's actually either of them, and still an issue. I've resorted to just not streaming or watching twitch while playing CSGO, although the last time I tried to watch twitch while playing, it seemed to be less laggy than previous attempts. Still would love to be able to fix it.

are you an insider? there have been network latency issues on the insider builds since 14792? iirc.  but also check those other things for the streaming side... although since you're having the same issue regardless, it would seem less likely to be the issues i originally described.

4 hours ago, driz said:

are you an insider? there have been network latency issues on the insider builds since 14792? iirc.  but also check those other things for the streaming side... although since you're having the same issue regardless, it would seem less likely to be the issues i originally described.

I would attribute the lag, based on my personal experience, to performance issues rather than latency/network issues.

Not sure whats been going on, but lately,  my frames on csgo have dropped from 200 down to like 80 / 90 max.  I also have Nvidia Shadowplay off, and completely removed xbox app.