Sign in to follow this  
The Official Rust Suggestion Thread

Since we are a custom, modded, community server the day before Wipe Days could have something special on it.

Everything on the map will wiped on Thursdays and we might not see that map again. So maybe in the evening on Wednesdays, we make an arena in the ocean or in a large unused space with high external walls surrounding it. Make a shit ton of sleeping bags and have people that sign up spawn in. Announce to everyone the day before what will be happening at what time and they can say if they are attending the Pre-Wipe Event that night. You could event set the max participants to twelve. First come-first serve.

The limitations are endless.

Wolf Pack Attack: we could spawn a bunch of wolves or bears in the arena.

Rocket Royale: spawn rockets for everyone inside the arena

Deerhunter: spawn deer armor, and deers to shoot with our bows and arrows

Red Vs. Blue: make two bases inside the arena identical. Spawn armor, guns in the boxes and have codelocks on the doors, once everyone is logged in. The code on the lock is announced in chat and then the chaos begins! Who will win? Red or Blue?

etc. etc. etc.

Wednesday Pre-Wipe Event days might be a good incentive to get people into the server. Usually population is only strong for the first couple days of a wipe. This way we at least get some people in the day before the wipe. Gets people involved and allows people to get to know one and other because they're in an enclosed space.

11 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Since we are a custom, modded, community server the day before Wipe Days could have something special on it.

Everything on the map will wiped on Thursdays and we might not see that map again. So maybe in the evening on Wednesdays, we make an arena in the ocean or in a large unused space with high external walls surrounding it. Make a shit ton of sleeping bags and have people that sign up spawn in. Announce to everyone the day before what will be happening at what time and they can say if they are attending the Pre-Wipe Event that night. You could event set the max participants to twelve. First come-first serve.

Red Vs. Blue: make two bases inside the arena identical. Spawn armor, guns in the boxes and have codelocks on the doors, once everyone is logged in. The code on the lock is announced in chat and then the chaos begins! Who will win? Red or Blue?

etc. etc. etc.

Wednesday Pre-Wipe Event days might be a good incentive to get people into the server. Usually population is only strong for the first couple days of a wipe. This way we at least get some people in the day before the wipe. Gets people involved and allows people to get to know one and other because they're in an enclosed space.

I like it. It would be a lot of work to setup properly, but once done I can easily recreate an arena via plugin. As far as it being Wednesdays only, I'm actually looking into something that could be even more regular, but I need to check into all that is involved before I say too much. An event system is my larger focus right now, along with a few side projects.

2 hours ago, Travesty said:

etc. etc. etc.

I don't like endless limitations

4 minutes ago, Velo said:

I don't like endless limitations

I noticed that too :P I think he meant to say the possibilities are endless or limitless, but who knows lol.

21 minutes ago, Travesty said:

Hyperbole! You understood what I meant!

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES

tumblr_nhpoo5s8qc1qa763mo1_500.gif

tumblr_n11la4PwmP1s4fz4bo1_500.gif

1240324074_travelling-through-space.gif

flying-through-space-illusion.gif

I do understand, but it still made me chuckle

Suggested these close to a month ago for the server. Events are pretty fun/lax for people trying to get away from pvp.

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/event-manager.740/

These two events are my favorites from this due to the amount of chaos and fun that comes from them.

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/chopper-survival.1590/

http://oxidemod.org/plugins/gungame.1485/

17 minutes ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Suggested these close to a month ago for the server. Events are pretty fun/lax for people trying to get away from pvp.

These two events are my favorites from this due to the amount of chaos and fun that comes from them.

Looking into these and others. 

20 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Implemented this. Yunki created an arena today while I configured plugins. Rewards for the winners will be in game items (a choice of a list) when we fully work out the kinks, but today we have been testing it with success on the Deathmatch plugin, also testing the others this afternoon. 

Maybe next month we could try a new wipe schedule? 1 week wipes are cool and all, but between work and class it's difficult to get completely established. Maybe it's because I'm still a Rust noob, but I'd still like to suggest a monthly wipe schedule of 1 week, 2 week, 1 week.

4 minutes ago, Koriko said:

Maybe next month we could try a new wipe schedule? 1 week wipes are cool and all, but between work and class it's difficult to get completely established. Maybe it's because I'm still a Rust noob, but I'd still like to suggest a monthly wipe schedule of 1 week, 2 week, 1 week.

I don't see this happening as we don't want to be inconsistent with our schedule. Also, I'm still a Rust noob but I find myself able to build my base in around 3 hours. Effective building comes with experience and over more and more wipes you will be able to build better bases faster. I'm not necessarily against the idea, but I'm not for it. @Karma will be able to give a definite answer.

Appreciate the suggestion though!

I'm on my phone but I should probably add that it'd satisfy both groups of people who want a 1 week and 2 week wipe. Then again you already said that it'd be an inconsistent schedule which you don't want.

Edited by Koriko

9 minutes ago, Yunki said:

I don't see this happening as we don't want to be inconsistent with our schedule. Also, I'm still a Rust noob but I find myself able to build my base in around 3 hours. Effective building comes with experience and over more and more wipes you will be able to build better bases faster. I'm not necessarily against the idea, but I'm not for it. @Karma will be able to give a definite answer.

Appreciate the suggestion though!

4 minutes ago, Koriko said:

I'm on my phone but I should probably add that it'd satisfy both groups of people who want a 1 week and 2 week wipe. Then again you already said that it'd be an inconsistent schedule which you don't want.

We can go one way or another, depending on what the majority of the players want, but we will not be rotating. As Yunki said, it is better to be consistent.

Can we have the option to vote what weaponry/armor we would want to use during arena fights. Maybe sometimes we would be able to play in like trenches with shotgun (forgot who mentioned the addition of trenches in the arena) or play as nakeds with only arrows and meds. Or the setup we have right now. Just a little variety for the arena so it doesn't get too stale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Can we have the option to vote what weaponry/armor we would want to use during arena fights. Maybe sometimes we would be able to play in like trenches with shotgun (forgot who mentioned the addition of trenches in the arena) or play as nakeds with only arrows and meds. Or the setup we have right now. Just a little variety for the arena so it doesn't get too stale

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There are a couple of different kits atm, but I am going to be reworking them to add class selection options.

Going to implement the enhanced hammer today, @Cman. Be sure to keep the suggestions coming. We're open to major and small changes alike. Battlefield for this week (even though people can still build/raid etc) and depending on the suggestions we receive, that could all change Thursday.   

Posting on behalf of Reaper:

After browsing multiple 100+ pop servers here are a few suggestions for what I believe could revive and gain population for the server

2x exp

2x gather or 1x gather with the lvl plugin for mining, skinning, woodcutting, crafting with the exp gain on it being within reason

Clan plugin (cool option imo)

I've noticed on some servers that the plugin that announces to the server who killed what is unpopular and I would have to agree however this one is is just an option as others like seeing distance killed

Things that spawn in crates appear to be able to be adjusted. One server I was getting rockets and high end guns and another I was getting shit. Make it balanced if possible but make high end guns very rare

Map size adjusted to the max population allowed on the server

@Reaper0470  These are great suggestions! Thank you. The clan plugin is something we already have on the server, but the rest of these suggestions look fantastic.

Definitely open to xp and gather rate changes as well as removing the notifications for kills, but of course I'd like to hear from others on the notifications (as you said, some do like them for various reasons).  

The loot configuration is something I can definitely work on and implement, however the only up-kept plugin that controls that is extremely involved (each item needs spawn locations and chances configured, as well as each barrel and box type) but even if it takes me a while, it's something I would like to implement.  

As far as map size, I'd like to get a poll going for that. 3k is small on 200 pop servers, but not on a 50 max pop, I agree. How small we go though, is up to the community. Again, I'm open to drastic changes there too. 

In short,

1. I'll adjust the gather and xp rates after @Yunki and I discuss them.  (Including looking into Z-Levels, which I think is the plugin you are referring to)

2. We'll keep the clan plugin.

3. I'll open a poll for "death notes" options.

4. I'll start working on writing a custom config for the loot plugin.

5. I'll open a poll with several map size choices and images of those maps for referencing while voting. 

yunki u should make it like a basic rust server with faster crafting gathering killed and stuff like that 100% pvp and we can do tournaments and stuff like that.we could also make another rust server like how it is right now