Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian

Is segregation making a comeback?

Cal State U in Los Angeles is opening a dormitory for black students only who feel they need to escape from "frequent racist attacks on campus, such as racially insensitive remarks and microaggressions by professors and students."

California State University Los Angeles recently rolled out segregated housing for black students.

The arrangement comes roughly nine months after the university’s Black Student Union issued a set of demands in response to what its members contend are frequent “racist attacks” on campus, such as “racially insensitive remarks” and “microaggressions” by professors and students. One demand was for a “CSLA housing space delegated for Black students.” “[It] would provide a cheaper alternative housing solution for Black students. This space would also serve as a safe space for Black CSLA students to congregate, connect, and learn from each other,” the demand letter stated.

The newly debuted Halisi Scholars Black Living-Learning Community “focuses on academic excellence and learning experiences that are inclusive and non-discriminatory,” Cal State LA spokesman Robert Lopez told The College Fix via email. The public university has 192 furnished apartments in a residential complex on campus, and the Halisi community will be located there, Lopez said, adding it joins other themed living-learning communities already housed there. Lopez declined to answer any additional questions or provide more details on the new community, such as how many rooms it encompasses, and whether it’s a whole floor or just a few rooms.

Cal State LA joins UConn, UC Davis and Berkeley in offering segregated housing dedicated to black students. While these housing options are technically open to all students, they’re billed and used as arrangements in which black students can live with one another. Meanwhile, at Cal State LA, campus leaders took down much of the online information on the new housing that it posted in late July. And university housing officials and other campus officials rebuffed requests by The College Fix for more details.

If campus leaders are proud of the new housing, they appear disinclined to talk about it. Housing Services page offers one paragraph on the new black living-learning community, calling it an effort to “enhance the residential experience for students who are a part of or interested in issues of concern to the black community living on campus by offering the opportunity to connect with faculty and peers, and engage in programs that focus on academic success, cultural awareness, and civic engagement.” In addition to the Black Student Union’s housing demand, the group also demanded a $30 million dollar scholarship endowment to aid black students, three new black faculty counselors, a new anti-discrimination policy and cultural competency course for faculty and students, and finally, a meeting with the president for them to discuss the “fulfillment and implementation of each demand.” After the Halisi housing community was announced, the Black Student Union celebrated on its Instagram page, calling it a “long overdue, but well deserved” achievement, Young America’s Foundation reports.

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28906/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-housing-cal-state-la--20160906-snap-story.html

What the fuck is going on at our college campuses these days? Segregation? Seriously?

7 minutes ago, Ian Kinsler said:

Cal State U in Los Angeles is opening a dormitory for black students only who feel they need to escape from "frequent racist attacks on campus, such as racially insensitive remarks and microaggressions by professors and students."

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/28906/

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-housing-cal-state-la--20160906-snap-story.html

What the fuck is going on at our college campuses these days? Segregation? Seriously?

This sort of thing seems to have been around for a while, just in a different form. From what I heard in school several years ago, basically if you are african-american, you have a better chance of getting certain scholarships which pretty much blows "No child left behind" out of the water, but that's a grade school thing anyways.

On a different note, the whole race baiting media bullshit has become rather inflammatory lately. I honestly don't know how to feel about any of this anymore

21 minutes ago, Velo said:

This sort of thing seems to have been around for a while, just in a different form. From what I heard in school several years ago, basically if you are african-american, you have a better chance of getting certain scholarships which pretty much blows "No child left behind" out of the water, but that's a grade school thing anyways.

On a different note, the whole race baiting media bullshit has become rather inflammatory lately. I honestly don't know how to feel about any of this anymore

In my experience with scholarships, if you're an average white american who is attending school for academics, you're fucked.

Oh and the news is full of bullshit.

The article just said that is isn't for all black students, only for those who have felt like they experienced "frequent “racist attacks” on campus, such as “racially insensitive remarks” and “microaggressions” by professors and students."

Also this housing is open all students, "While these housing options are technically open to all students, they’re billed and used as arrangements in which black students can live with one another."

14 minutes ago, Sith said:

In my experience with scholarships, if you're an average white american who is attending school for academics, you're fucked.

Oh and the news is full of bullshit.

There are multiple scholarships that aren't based on race or ethnicity. 

My school has a dorm technically open to all but marketed as for the honors kids. I lived in it without being in the honors program. Plenty of schools have long had themed dorms. I don't see it as exceptionally weird. Also as far as the chances of getting a scholarship getting increased if you're black thats mainly to do with the higher number of black organizations offering scholarships for black students. Plus honestly in many cases black students have a higher need for financial aid than the average white student. Its all about how you look. I've gotten multiple scholarships while being a middle class white guy by actually taking the time to look at scholarships meant to be for all. As far as media race baiting. While it exists I think just as much damage is coming from angry white people saying theres no problem in america and refusing to even talk about it.

1 hour ago, fat bitch v.169 said:

The article just said that is isn't for all black students, only for those who have felt like they experienced "frequent “racist attacks” on campus, such as “racially insensitive remarks” and “microaggressions” by professors and students."

This is literally every perpetually triggered sjw.

Yes, segregation is making a comeback in our post secondary education system. It is also being implemented in our primary schools, such as a private school in New York. (http://nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/)

Unlike the 50's/60's, it's whites who are the target of the demonization. This 'equality' bullshit isn't about making men/women or whites/blacks 'equal' in an egalitarian sense, instead in practice it's inverting both the perceived or fictional narrative of the past, as well as the real parts of our negative past. It's completely unconfirmed what the motive is (these large socioplolitical movements are splintered), though we can always look at what parts of the ideology behind these groups are mainstream and dominant.

Take feminism for example: the stereotype is largely true; man-hating, lesbianic, cult-like and vindictive cunts. Most of these ones are proud of it, and many reside in our schools. One prime motivation of these types of feminists (rad fems/feminazi's) is shitting on men. They would like nothing more than to exact what they perceive has happened to women (many of whom died long ago) on men (who are alive and well today, and did not live 100 years ago). Boiled down: revenge.

Then you have a blur between feminism and black supremacy (intersection), where a driving force for the black supremacists is free shit (reparations). The crossover occurs (for example) in the form of the 'wage gap' bullshit. Black people want money because of slavery, white middle class/upper middle class women want money because "discrimination" in the form of a 'pink' or 'vag' tax. (Extra money for doing literally no extra work.)

So how do they get all this free money? Make the people who have it hate themselves enough to just hand it over. Those who won't hand it over willingly will be forced to by people with guns (the state). That's what all this lobbying and protesting will result in. Either you give your money to them, or you go to prison. If you resist going to prison, you get shot.

On a side note: fems who say they 'advocate for equal rights' are full of shit. Literally the only legal right women are missing right now that I have and they don't, is showing their tits in public. A right I fully support them having. All this bs about 'I should have the right to feel comfortable' undermines almost every other freedom we have, not just freedom of speech. Want to get together with some friends in the park? Too bad, I don't feel comfortable, gtfo.

9 minutes ago, Swed said:

Affirmative Action is illegal in my state :lul: 

Which state is that? I'm selling my shit and buying a plane ticket.

@Marvin Michigan, interestingly enough, as a result of a lawsuit against the University of Michigan brought by a student that felt she was denied admission due to minority students taking her spot with less impressive academic/athletic accomplishments. She won and affirmative action was forbidden as a result in my state. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/us/supreme-court-michigan-affirmative-action-ban.html?_r=0

18 hours ago, Swed said:

@Marvin Michigan, interestingly enough, as a result of a lawsuit against the University of Michigan brought by a student that felt she was denied admission due to minority students taking her spot with less impressive academic/athletic accomplishments. She won and affirmative action was forbidden as a result in my state. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/23/us/supreme-court-michigan-affirmative-action-ban.html?_r=0

I guess it's time to sue Wayne State for revoking my financial aid and housing arrangements last year for the incoming Brazilians Kappa

20 hours ago, fat bitch v.169 said:

There are multiple scholarships that aren't based on race or ethnicity. 

Yeah, I'd love to apply for a scholarship for students over 6' 2" in height or an overly generalized online scholarship (fastweb amirite ayylmao) or a scholarship that is so unbearably unrestricted that it is literally applied for by every average white American student. I live in Detroit, MI. If any student is serious about obtaining scholarships they either apply locally or apply internally within their college or high school.

Locally: http://www.detroitcollegepromise.com/dcpdetroitscholarships.html

Just a random website for Detroit scholarships. Many of these scholarships are very specific in either race or the school you graduated from (which are all in downtown Detroit or the surrounding ghettos, so race basically)

Internally (Wayne State): http://wayne.edu/scholarships/private/

Private scholarships Wayne State offers generally, that doesn't pertain to its own College's scholarships (College of Engineering, which I belong to, offers its own private scholarships but it is very similar to this list). Again, while there are some scholarships that have few prerequisites, many of these scholarships require you to be a citizen of Detroit, or to have graduated from a Detroit school.

I guess I'll play the lottery too, if I hit the mega-millions, that would definitely pay for my tuition! /s

2 hours ago, Sith said:

I guess it's time to sue Wayne State for revoking my financial aid and housing arrangements last year for the incoming Brazilians Kappa

Yeah, I'd love to apply for a scholarship for students over 6' 2" in height or an overly generalized online scholarship (fastweb amirite ayylmao) or a scholarship that is so unbearably unrestricted that it is literally applied for by every average white American student. I live in Detroit, MI. If any student is serious about obtaining scholarships they either apply locally or apply internally within their college or high school.

Locally: http://www.detroitcollegepromise.com/dcpdetroitscholarships.html

Just a random website for Detroit scholarships. Many of these scholarships are very specific in either race or the school you graduated from (which are all in downtown Detroit or the surrounding ghettos, so race basically)

Internally (Wayne State): http://wayne.edu/scholarships/private/

Private scholarships Wayne State offers generally, that doesn't pertain to its own College's scholarships (College of Engineering, which I belong to, offers its own private scholarships but it is very similar to this list). Again, while there are some scholarships that have few prerequisites, many of these scholarships require you to be a citizen of Detroit, or to have graduated from a Detroit school.

I guess I'll play the lottery too, if I hit the mega-millions, that would definitely pay for my tuition! /s

I didn't even get super good grades in high school and I got 24 grand in scholarships along with the standard fafsa aid. Thats with me barely doing any deep digging. Its entirely possible to get financial aid as a white person. Less scholarships are open to whites because many more black organizations have scholarships. Also for many of those scholarships that are open to all that see blacks have higher acceptance rates you gotta remember they also take into account personal factors and social backgrounds which to me makes sense.

The funniest thing about this thread is that the people that are complaining about scholarships are many of the same people who are against the idea of tuition free college

39 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

I didn't even get super good grades in high school and I got 24 grand in scholarships along with the standard fafsa aid. Thats with me barely doing any deep digging. Its entirely possible to get financial aid as a white person. Less scholarships are open to whites because many more black organizations have scholarships. Also for many of those scholarships that are open to all that see blacks have higher acceptance rates you gotta remember they also take into account personal factors and social backgrounds which to me makes sense.

The funniest thing about this thread is that the people that are complaining about scholarships are many of the same people who are against the idea of tuition free college

1.) Tuition free college is a terrible idea, in my opinion, and really has nothing to do with scholarships and their disbursement across ethnicity.

2.) 24 grand per year and 24 grand over your academic career are two very different things, so you should clarify.

3.) Students with intellectual disabilities usually have more sources of financial aid than others, so your case doesn't really portray the average American student.

AND ONE MORE THING

"Less scholarships are open to whites because there are more black organizations than white organizations" (I'm paraphrasing, but you said this)

That's probably the worst statement in your argument. Make a bunch of black organizations and they get black scholarships. So we just need to make more white organizations to make more white scholarships, amirite? Well, we made a white organization a while back in the mid 1900's but it didn't go so hot. They had like a ghost fetish or something. Maybe they offer scholarships based on how many black children you lynch?

4 minutes ago, Sith said:

1.) Tuition free college is a terrible idea, in my opinion, and really has nothing to do with scholarships and their disbursement across ethnicity.

2.) 24 grand per year and 24 grand over your academic career are two very different things, so you should clarify.

3.) Students with intellectual disabilities usually have more sources of financial aid than others, so your case doesn't really portray the average American student.

Savage

8 minutes ago, Sith said:

Lol tutition free college is popular everywhere its done. I have a 3.8 gpa in college man so nice attempt at an insult. And its 6 grand a year along with several smaller grants plus fafsa aid, 

1 minute ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Lol tutition free college is popular everywhere its done. I have a 3.8 gpa in college man so nice attempt at an insult. And its 6 grand a year along with several smaller grants plus fafsa aid

Of course it's fucking popular, people don't have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a basic 4 year major. I like the idea of paying for college because it instills a sense of accountability in a student. How many times have you heard of a mommy's boy paying for their kids education just for him to party it away and then flunk out? I pay for my education, so it means a lot to me because I've invested thousands of hours in to it and tens of thousand of dollars in to it. Do I enjoy paying tens of thousands of dollars a semester? No, I think it's a way for the government to capitalize on the youth attempting to be remotely successful in the middle-class but that's a conversation for another time. I would like for students to have more affordable ways to pay for college if they're legit. There is no excuse for some idiot that can catch a football to receive a part (dormitory and some tuition paid for) or full (everything paid for) scholarship, but at least a 3.0 student can't get more than $800 in financial aid? It just shows what we value in this country.

6 grand a year. I pay about 5,000 dollars in tuition PER SEMESTER at a four-year state university. That's approximately 10,000 dollars for an average school-year (Fall and Winter semester). That's not including the hike in my tuition when I reach Upperclassmen status this semester, my dormitory expenses, my MANDATORY meal plan, and a few thousand dollars of retarded "student service fees". And a 300 dollar parking pass JUST TO DRIVE to a building I paid $15,000 to walk in to.

But hey man, good luck to you and your remedial algebra class.

15 minutes ago, Sith said:

Of course it's fucking popular, people don't have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for a basic 4 year major. I like the idea of paying for college because it instills a sense of accountability in a student. How many times have you heard of a mommy's boy paying for their kids education just for him to party it away and then flunk out? I pay for my education, so it means a lot to me because I've invested thousands of hours in to it and tens of thousand of dollars in to it. Do I enjoy paying tens of thousands of dollars a semester? No, I think it's a way for the government to capitalize on the youth attempting to be remotely successful in the middle-class but that's a conversation for another time. I would like for students to have more affordable ways to pay for college if they're legit. There is no excuse for some idiot that can catch a football to receive a part (dormitory and some tuition paid for) or full (everything paid for) scholarship, but at least a 3.0 student can't get more than $800 in financial aid? It just shows what we value in this country.

6 grand a year. I pay about 5,000 dollars in tuition PER SEMESTER at a four-year state university. That's approximately 10,000 dollars for an average school-year (Fall and Winter semester). That's not including the hike in my tuition when I reach Upperclassmen status this semester, my dormitory expenses, my MANDATORY meal plan, and a few thousand dollars of retarded "student service fees". And a 300 dollar parking pass JUST TO DRIVE to a building I paid $15,000 to walk in to.

But hey man, good luck to you and your remedial algebra class.

Like I said i also get fafsa money etc which totals to about 3 thousand more. Plus state grants and such that are each a few hundred dollars.  So each year I have to take a loan of a few thousand or pay it out of pocket. But it still covers alot.  I never said scholarships pay for everything so trying to make the dumbass algrebra joke shows you can't debate without flinging dumb insults. What I suppose you support Trump who wants to end government student loans right? How many people are going to be fucked if he does that? What difference does it mean if some idiots can go to school without cost if thousands more hard workers who wouldn't be able to afford it can go? Also what kind of school are you going to that you live in a dorm and yet still need to drive to class? I don't even understand your point about bringing up athletes during a discussion over tuition free college since they aren't connected at all. The whole "accountability" bs is all fine and dandy until you consider how many millions of people could have gotten their degrees and been productive members of society if america wasn't the only nation in the western world where higher education is still cost prohibitive.

31 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Like I said i also get fafsa money etc which totals to about 3 thousand more. Plus state grants and such that are each a few hundred dollars.  So each year I have to take a loan of a few thousand or pay it out of pocket. But it still covers alot.  I never said scholarships pay for everything so trying to make the dumbass algrebra joke shows you can't debate without flinging dumb insults. What I suppose you support Trump who wants to end government student loans right? How many people are going to be fucked if he does that? What difference does it mean if some idiots can go to school without cost if thousands more hard workers who wouldn't be able to afford it can go? Also what kind of school are you going to that you live in a dorm and yet still need to drive to class? I don't even understand your point about bringing up athletes during a discussion over tuition free college since they aren't connected at all. The whole "accountability" bs is all fine and dandy until you consider how many millions of people could have gotten their degrees and been productive members of society if america wasn't the only nation in the western world where higher education is still cost prohibitive.

You say that I can't debate while throwing some heat-treated shots, in good fun, but then you type this shit? Lemme just highlight things that really shouldn't even have gone through your head at all during this cluster-fuck of an argument:

33 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

What difference does it mean if some idiots can go to school without cost if thousands more hard workers who wouldn't be able to afford it can go?

I can't even begin to understand what you're trying to insinuate so I'm just gonna glide over this shit.

37 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

Also what kind of school are you going to that you live in a dorm and yet still need to drive to class?

Why are my academic finances of any business of yours or relevant to this argument in any way, shape, or form? I never mentioned my need of driving anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

I don't even understand your point about bringing up athletes during a discussion over tuition free college since they aren't connected at all.

Tuition free college. The idea of a tuition-free education. Not paying tuition. Free college.

Athletes. Throw ball. Catch ball. Throws ball well and catches even better. Does that for a few years. Has the opportunity for a full athletic scholarship. Doesn't pay for tuition. Not paying for tuition. Free college.

Free college = Free college

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-2716630dc0eb029fd89fe3bd40b54a49?convert_to_webp=true

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

42 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

The whole "accountability" bs is all fine and dandy until you consider how many millions of people could have gotten their degrees and been productive members of society if america wasn't the only nation in the western world where higher education is still cost prohibitive.

Dude, to be straight up with you, I'm really not trying to be a dick. I don't actually have any ill-intent towards you. But you hit me with sentences like these. Sentences like these. This is your argument. You say you go to college and have a 3.8 GPA. That's fantastic, honestly. A GPA that high is nothing to scoff at. But goddamn dude, you hit me with a sentence like this and I'm like, where is this education going to? Like, where do you deposit the knowledge that you obtain by sitting in classes for hundreds of hours?

Canada's education is cost-prohibitive.

Russia's education is cost-prohibitive.

China's education is cost-prohibitive.

France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England. All their education is cost prohibited. Why?

Because cost prohibitive is a relative term. "Free" is a relative term. Education is not free. It never is, it never will be. You will never receive a product or a service for truly free. Yes, students may not have to pay as much money or any amount at all for their college tuition. But their parents pay for their college. Their neighbors pay for their college. The cost of education is absorbed through decades of steadily increasing taxes. This increase in tax covers the rise of education costs.

Tune in to America. To cover rising tuition costs, we 'increase' the amount of financial aid students receive. However, we also increase interest rates on those loans that we get more and more of each year and the grants we receive decrease. Everyone pays for education, some countries just do it differently.

32 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

What I suppose you support Trump who wants to end government student loans right?

lol

13 minutes ago, Sith said:

You say that I can't debate while throwing some heat-treated shots, in good fun, but then you type this shit? Lemme just highlight things that really shouldn't even have gone through your head at all during this cluster-fuck of an argument:

I can't even begin to understand what you're trying to insinuate so I'm just gonna glide over this shit.

Why are my academic finances of any business of yours or relevant to this argument in any way, shape, or form? I never mentioned my need of driving anywhere.

Tuition free college. The idea of a tuition-free education. Not paying tuition. Free college.

Athletes. Throw ball. Catch ball. Throws ball well and catches even better. Does that for a few years. Has the opportunity for a full athletic scholarship. Doesn't pay for tuition. Not paying for tuition. Free college.

Free college = Free college

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-2716630dc0eb029fd89fe3bd40b54a49?convert_to_webp=true

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Dude, to be straight up with you, I'm really not trying to be a dick. I don't actually have any ill-intent towards you. But you hit me with sentences like these. Sentences like these. This is your argument. You say you go to college and have a 3.8 GPA. That's fantastic, honestly. A GPA that high is nothing to scoff at. But goddamn dude, you hit me with a sentence like this and I'm like, where is this education going to? Like, where do you deposit the knowledge that you obtain by sitting in classes for hundreds of hours?

Canada's education is cost-prohibitive.

Russia's education is cost-prohibitive.

China's education is cost-prohibitive.

France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, England. All their education is cost prohibited. Why?

Because cost prohibitive is a relative term. "Free" is a relative term. Education is not free. It never is, it never will be. You will never receive a product or a service for truly free. Yes, students may not have to pay as much money or any amount at all for their college tuition. But their parents pay for their college. Their neighbors pay for their college. The cost of education is absorbed through decades of steadily increasing taxes. This increase in tax covers the rise of education costs.

Tune in to America. To cover rising tuition costs, we 'increase' the amount of financial aid students receive. However, we also increase interest rates on those loans that we get more and more of each year and the grants we receive decrease. Everyone pays for education, some countries just do it differently.

lol

1. My point was that while there will be people who go to school and goof off a way higher percentage will take it seriously and use it to get ahead in life.

2. You said you had to pay 300 dollars for a parking pass to drive to school just after saying you lived in a dorm. That struck me as odd. 

3. Athletic scholarships are different than the concept of tuition free schooling and you know that. One is someone that can throw a ball getting it free over academically gifted while the other is the idea that as a american citizen you deserve an education regardless of finances. Study after study shows that america has the highest rate of bankruptcy and debt due to the cost of education of any major western nation. You'll find higher rates of debt in america in general despite lower taxes. That is because taxes in other countries are designed so that while they are high they are still percentage based meaning you won't ever be randomly hit with a medical or educational bill completely out of your means to pay. I never said people would not pay for school its just a way more indirect way that wont bankrupt you. It has worked in other countries for years and is popular because it cuts out the idea of student debt and allows people the chance to pay for their schooling by being productive members of society in the long run with a college degree. Have no problem with you either but virtually every person from a foreign country I have talked to has expressed shock at the way our system works in America.

TL;DR of this thread cause me and OrdinaryGamer TOTALLY got off track.

Is segregation making a comeback in American education? Maybe.

Do I agree with their decision? No. Is it segregation? Absolutely not...

If you truly think it is, maybe you should take a look back into your own American history and find out what segregation actually was... Because you guys are severely downplaying it to a point where it's almost embarrassing and cringe worthy lmao

23 hours ago, Swed said:

Legal precedent set. Now this just needs to gain ground in the court systems.

*Derailed topic with Sith*

I do have to agree with Sith in that when you pay for your education you feel obligated to work at it.

I failed a few classes myself and am paying for it. Result? I started busting my ass finding things that would work for me. In fact, largely that's resulted in me doing certification chasing while in University so I can keep all the knowledge I have and put it to good use.

Then I get a better paying job with experience, and I get more money to invest in myself. (Which also breeds internships, and networking with people of different majors)

As to the scholarship argument, bullsh*t.

There are millions in scholarships that can and will be given out to anyone. It's a business tax write off, everyone's doing it.

Hell, I'm using the fact that I have Marfan's syndrome to try and get out of paying more money into my debt prison.

It's totally possible to graduate secondary education debt free.

You can get money for anything, you just have to be good at persuading people. [Protip: This is why English teachers teach persuasive writing.]

Is the American education system flawed? Yeah. So's everyone else. Am I gonna advocate for tuition free education? I'd rather advocate for something like government grants, if you get through school you owe nothing. But if you drop out, you're gonna owe the money for it because you didn't take it seriously.

Hell even if you get student loans, they will work with you on adjusting your payments based on what you make. All you have to do is let the loan provider know. I pay less than $100 a month on my loans while I work through university.

Does this mean i pay more in the long term? Yes. But I'd rather pay more over time than having to worry about pulling together money I don't have. Not to mention it bodes well for me to work harder to get a better job and get out of my debt prison.

As to the segregation claim (which was the original topic), I find that ironic as all hell. SJW's are a cancer on our academic society, and in due time they will fade from existence. They have nothing worthwhile to contribute and I'll enjoy them dying a slow painful death.

You can go ahead and have your "safe space", I'll be busy working on trying to datamine everyone since no one wants to learn how their technology works.

================================================

Bonus

1 hour ago, Swed said:

Social Justice is a farce.

Meritocracy is the best way for awarding things.

I'd agree with meritocracy if people started at an even playing field. As it stands if things were left entirely that way it would still lead to the greatest benefits going to those born wealthier because they'd be already able to go to the best high schools etc. 

6 minutes ago, Ordinarygamer96 said:

I'd agree with meritocracy if people started at an even playing field. As it stands if things were left entirely that way it would still lead to the greatest benefits going to those born wealthier because they'd be already able to go to the best high schools etc. 

Classical Liberalism argues that we do start on an equal playing field, equity meaning we all have the same rights.

In case you don't know, our democracy today in the U.S. is an extension of classical liberalism.