Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iherdcows

JB maps that crash the server

after the update,  some maps crash the server. Post the ones you know here

ALL MAPS UNDER "MAPS THAT DON'T CRASH THE SERVER" ARE MAPS THAT DON'T CRASH ON LOADING, IF YOU NOTICE A MAP CRASHING A LOT, PLEASE POST IT HERE!!

Maps that don't crash the server:   

jb_clouds_final4

jb_undertale_b5

Maps that need to be tested:

Maps that crash the server:

jb_minecraft_beta_v4-2 
jb_sg_maws_v2
jb_sg_papas_kingdom_v5c
jb_avalanche_csgo_b6
jb_blackout_sG_v1-0
ba_jail_alpha
ba_jail_campus_2016_remix2

ba_jail_downview_csgo_v3 

ba_jail_electric_csgo
ba_jail_gamers_prison_csgo_v2
ba_jail_leoben_csgo_v3-1
ba_jail_lockdown_csgo_v3 reserved

ba_jail_mini_gregor_v4 

ba_jail_new_uprise_v2 

ba_jail_sand_beta3fix

ba_jail_shel_sgfix_csgo_v2 r

ba_jail_spyder_csgo_v1 

jb_deco_v4b 

jb_iron_go 

jb_lego_jail_v8-2 

jb_outdoorjail_v2 

jb_peanut_v3r 

jb_sG_venus_v1 

jb_sg_blek_cocks_csgo_final

jb_vipinthemix_csgo_v1-1 

jb_mangaroons_bh_fix2 

jb_sg_scarlet_betav5 

jb_sg_deathcamp_beta6

jb_putin_v2 

The maps that I know of that crash the server are: Papas Kingdom, Maws, and avalanche. The maps that I know that do NOT crash the server are: Clouds V4, Undertale B5, Spy vs Spy, Dojo, Tower, and Koopa. 

1 minute ago, *OG* Oatmeal Cookie Squeaker said:

The maps that I know of that crash the server are: Papas Kingdom, Maws, and avalanche. The maps that I know that do NOT crash the server are: Clouds V4, Undertale B5, Spy vs Spy, Dojo, Tower, and Koopa. 

Just played today with @thorgot on his map jb_undertale, with having the server crash about 1-3 rounds in.  and with the maps you listed it seems like a server/valve issue still.

1 hour ago, *OG* Oatmeal Cookie Squeaker said:

clouds crashed earlier today  http://steamcommunity.com/id/shimmjimmy6/screenshot/268348980128367077 .... Edit: Koopa just crashed http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=748562558

7 minutes ago, Revöker said:

Just played today with @thorgot on his map jb_undertale, with having the server crash about 1-3 rounds in.  and with the maps you listed it seems like a server/valve issue still.

its also possible his list in incomplete. Using this to see what the problem it. Might be map, might be valve. so we'll see

I'm guessing Valve hasn't finished sorting out whatever issue in their update two nights ago that's causing maps to immediately crash.

The three JB maps I looked at the time, Lego, Campus, and Lockdown were immediately crashing for me offline while Dojo was loading fine. When I opened them after Valve released another update last night, they were loading fine offline on my end.

15 hours ago, *OG* Oatmeal Cookie Squeaker said:

Mountaincraft is also fine

3 minutes ago, TheGaminTaco said:

Clouds can crash too sometimes...Yesterday it crashed like in 4th round.Sometimes it does sometimes not.. so idk is it safe to play on it-

I think it was more or less because tower was locked on the server for some reason. It swapped immediatly back to tower after it crashed!

Not sure if this will help, but i thought this error was weird in console, crashed the server on the switch to papa's kingdom.

EDIT: Just crashed on jb_spike

3iKywvO.jpg

That normally means the map was added incorrectly... but they arent. So im not sure

Noted. Sorry that I wasn't able to test the maps yet. I was gonna do it last night but it had a decent amount of people. I went to get on at 4am because I thought "WHO WOULD BE PLAYING B AT 4AM" but  there was like 11-15 people on... So i'll try again.

@Pike and I sat down and went through every map. Every map that is currently still on JB should work. We only removed maps that would crash when you tried to connect to them, so maps that crash often are still on the server. If you find one that crashes consistently on connect still on the server, please post it here. If you find one that crashes often while playing it, please post it here too.

Now for an explanation on how we tested, in case an engineer wants to know. For further questions ask me or @Pike

Default map was jb_tower. We used the nomination system to pick a map, a system everyone has access to use. We then waited 20 seconds so we could RTV to a map. We went in order from what was on the nomination menu. If we could connect to a map we would simply move onto the next one. If we could not connect to a map, and the sever brought back to the default map, we removed it. On maps we were unsure about, because some times it was a different kind of crash, we tested again. These tests were done when only I was on, with pike removing broken maps from the server. Start time was at 4:00 AM, end time 5:36 AM. Elapse time 1H36m, and us being really tired.

On 8/21/2016 at 7:49 AM, Iherdcows said:

Maps that crash the server:

jb_minecraft_beta_v4-2 
jb_sg_maws_v2
jb_sg_papas_kingdom_v5c
jb_avalanche_csgo_b6
jb_blackout_sG_v1-0
ba_jail_alpha
ba_jail_campus_2016_remix2

ba_jail_downview_csgo_v3 

ba_jail_electric_csgo
ba_jail_gamers_prison_csgo_v2