Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiLLeR

Milwaukee Riot

Another riot after a police officer shoots someone. I live within 40 minutes of Milwaukee so it's crazy having it happen so close to home :^/ They set the gas station on fire but the fire dept. can't respond because of the gunfire. 

www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/police-shooting-in-milwaukee-sparks-violent-protest/?client=safari

I posted this on my phone so if it's a little messed up, I'm sorry 

6 minutes ago, Zip said:

Says in the article that the dude had a gun

If you continue reading it says this "Milwaukee Police Assistant Chief Bill Jessup said at the scene that it wasn't immediately clear whether the suspect pointed the gun or shot at the officer, the Journal Sentinel reported" 

I think that the whole thing is that they shot him and he might've not pointed his gun or fired it at the officer? I could be wrong here and I probably am but that's because I wasn't there and all we know is what the newspapers are writing. 

Either way, how are you gonna bring a gun to a protest and not expect anything to go wrong..

People want to actually protest against this?!?!?

So, 2 men get pulled over, start running, and one of them has a gun in their hand. Do you expect something not to go wrong?

People are so dumb these days. 

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

So, 2 men get pulled over, start running, and one of them has a gun in their hand. Do you expect something not to go wrong?

Welcome to America.

Sickening how people are idolizing thugs for fuck's sake.

2 hours ago, Ironic said:

Playing Devil's advocate here, I'm pretty sure simply not dropping a gun is not enough to use deadly force. I haven't seen the police's perspective so maybe it was justified, but again deadly force is a last resort, you use it when there is no other option or if a person/officer's life is in immediate danger. If the suspect aimed the gun at the officer, sure that's fine. 

Regardless, these "protests" are idiotic. They are aggresive riots and it's annoying as fuck to see it happen.

3 minutes ago, Yunki said:

I'm pretty sure simply not dropping a gun is not enough to use deadly force.

That can be your opinion, but I believe that's plenty enough to use deadly force. You're threatening the officer's life and the life of others by not dropping the weapon. 

It's not that hard to comply with orders.

51 minutes ago, Ironic said:

That can be your opinion, but I believe that's plenty enough to use deadly force. You're threatening the officer's life and the life of others by not dropping the weapon. 

It's not that hard to comply with orders.

Well my opinion is that if you don't drop the gun after being told to, you're an idiot. However, what I'm saying is what I believe to be the law, not my opinion. Deadly force can not be used just because the suspect is being difficult to detain or arrest. Again, simply having a gun is not "threatening" enough to justify killing the suspect. This interaction, like many we've seen this year, is complicated. Once we see the body camera footage, we can begin to understand the cops thought process. Hell, I could be wrong though, and if I am I will accept it. But if the man was just not complying with the orders, different action should have taken place. Again, if he attempted to, even in the slightest, to raise that gun at an officer, take the shot. Shoot that entire clip at center mass to prevent him for damaging anyone. But if that man did not do that, or do anything else to show that lives were in immediate danger, they should've done something else.

Until I see the video, I cannot make an complete opinion. With this being said, in almost every incident in the media regarding the police and their alleged excessive force and brutality, I have sided with the police.