Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tacky

Memory help.

I sold my skins on OPSkins and got 300$ and I need some help with new parts for pc my dad built it for me when I was 8 and he said he would tell me all my parts in PC when he gets home.

But as of now I need help of finding a good Memory in that price range. 

You are going to spend $300 on ram? how old are you? If your pc is older than 3-4 years I don't think you can find any ram for that much due to it being older technology. Before we can really help you we need to know if it is DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4

4 minutes ago, Don Juan said:

You are going to spend $300 on ram? how old are you? If your pc is older than 3-4 years I don't think you can find any ram for that much due to it being older technology. Before we can really help you we need to know if it is DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4

give me like  2 hours when my dad gets home to tell you all my specs

tell your dad that you are playing with people that could be old enough to be your dad on the internet

if my mom found out i made $300 on the internet when i was 12 she would take away my computer

the future is now

6 minutes ago, Libreals420MistaChang said:

How do you explain to your parents you got $300 from virtual skins?

she said "okay" she doesn't really care about me.

14 minutes ago, Tacky said:

she said "okay" she doesn't really care about me.

we don't care about you either

asking for tech help without providing tech info brings out baddriz

6 hours ago, Tacky said:

give me like  2 hours when my dad gets home to tell you all my specs

TACKY ITS BEEN LIKE 6 HOURS PLS.

Also, I'm assuming by memory you mean storage such as an SSD...

Sorry guys I had to go to sleep at 10:30 because of my bedtime and my dad got home at 12. Here it is though.

L3vMnsC.jpg 

I have 900$ in total to spend so if you think it is better to build a pc because this one sucks just tell me and give me suggestions. 

1 hour ago, slyfox said:

http://www.toptengamer.com/build-700-800-gaming-pc/

you will eat up the rest of the funds on shipping, taxes, and other things.  this seems like a pretty solid build. 

He'd be better off buying 16gb of DDR3-1866 since it's like $65 for a dual-channel kit now. He can cannibalize the HDD in his current build and use that, knocking off around $70 on the price tag to upgrade to a GTX 970 now that they're going as low as $250-275 on sale.

CPU: I'd go with the 4690k in case you decide you want to overclock at some point, and then save money for an AIO cooler down the road.

PSU: find a 650G2 if the price difference isn't huge. The G2 has upgraded internals and is leaps and bounds better than the original one

Overall though, pretty solid build for when the article was published

EDIT:

As for my personal opinion, get a GTX 970, 16gb of DDR3-1866, low-capacity 850 EVO SSD, an EVGA SuperNova 750G (G2 in same circumstances above), and get better peripherals with the rest of the budget. Your 200fps in CSGO won't do you any good if you're playing on a walmart keyboard and mouse with a logitech headset that looks like it was made before you were born.

i agree with roflstomp 

-i5 4690k

-GTX 970

-16GB DDR3-1866

-SSD

but what is your monitor? not much point in having a 970 if you game on a 720p monitor 1080p would be fine though.  and a decent headset would be good if you don't already have one.

7 minutes ago, Revöker said:

i agree with roflstomp 

-i5 4690k

-GTX 970

-16GB DDR3-1866

-SSD

but what is your monitor? not much point in having a 970 if you game on a 720p monitor 1080p would be fine though.  and a decent headset would be good if you don't already have one.

I agree with revoker if you don't have a decent monitor, I would say the SAMSUNG Mon it or 26 inches. I am pretry sure you have astros headset

11 minutes ago, spiderpigrider said:

I agree with revoker if you don't have a decent monitor, I would say the SAMSUNG Mon it or 26 inches. I am pretry sure you have astros headset

Then he runs into the issue of stretching his budget too far. A used VG248qe goes for around $200. Figuring rough market prices for the aforementioned parts I suggested (personal opinion, not going off of the entire rebuild), he's sitting at ~$425/900 of the total budget. The monitor brings him down to $225, which can be spent on a good headset, mechanical keyboard, mouse, and a mouse mat. 

9 minutes ago, Tacky said:

@Roflstomp what would be a good monitor and keyboard if I have 400$ left?

I bought the ASUS vg248qe. 144hz monitor that can rotate from both landscape and portrait. It's on the pricier side, but it's still really amazing. Would buy another one if it wasn't so expensive. FeelsBadMan

1 hour ago, Tacky said:

@Roflstomp what would be a good monitor and keyboard if I have 400$ left?

The ASUS VG248QE is your best bet for a monitor, and like I said, secondhand can be found for around $200.

As for a keyboard, head out to your local Best Buy, Fry's, Micro Center, etc. and get a feel for the different switches. I'd recommend the Logitech G810, but it's all about what you want for features. Roccat just released a mechanical keyboard that's pretty no-frills aside from backlighting (I think it's backlit, at least) for an almost bargain bin price. If you want a new mouse, same thing. The big box stores finally have at least a limited display of gaming peripherals, so you can test stuff out in a side by side comparison instead of making a blind pick on what you think would be a good fit.

8 hours ago, Roflstomp said:

The ASUS VG248QE is your best bet for a monitor, and like I said, secondhand can be found for around $200.

As for a keyboard, head out to your local Best Buy, Fry's, Micro Center, etc. and get a feel for the different switches. I'd recommend the Logitech G810, but it's all about what you want for features. Roccat just released a mechanical keyboard that's pretty no-frills aside from backlighting (I think it's backlit, at least) for an almost bargain bin price. If you want a new mouse, same thing. The big box stores finally have at least a limited display of gaming peripherals, so you can test stuff out in a side by side comparison instead of making a blind pick on what you think would be a good fit.

you're implying that bestbuy has mechanical keyboards?  I've never seen different switches at any brick and mortar store.

Was there even any mention of the power supply? You guys are telling him he can buy a GTX 970, however, have no idea if it can

a) Fit in his prebuilt.

b) not bottleneck anything

c) have enough power for the card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sean He did give a power supply in his parts list, and honestly you can fit almost anything in a mid tower. It's a tight fit... I had a smaller mid tower before getting a full tower, and my full sized card was probably less than an inch of clearance.

@Tacky If you don't want to do a full build, you could start with just getting an SSD. You won't regret that purchase at all. Then you can think about if you want to do a full upgrade... The bad thing about upgrading right now, is there's not really any low-end options giving you the option to upgrade in the future. Because there's new sockets with CPUs, DDR4 ram, etc. you won't be able to say "Oh I'm just going to upgrade this one part for now". You'll have to do a full upgrade when you decide to replace one part.