Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Recruitment Reform: Phase 1

5 hours ago, DogsGoMeow said:

Seems this clan will just end up accepting everyone.

That started when they accepeted me :D

I have 2 questions, they might be a little bit stupid, but I want to know...

1: If by any chance there would be someone that ends up with lets say 65.9% or 65.8% would you  still deny him or would you round it up? I get it's must have atleast 66% but still.

2: Can people still change their votes or will it be you vote once and that's it?

Now I know they might look stupid but I like precisions...

7 minutes ago, The Lowki said:

1: If by any chance there would be someone that ends up with lets say 65.9% or 65.8% would you  still deny him or would you round it up? I get it's must have atleast 66% but still.

2: Can people still change their votes or will it be you vote once and that's it?

1. We round up.

2. @driz already answered that. Currently yes. Automated system, no.

2 hours ago, The Lowki said:

i like 'precisions' too, it helps if you actually read. :)

46 minutes ago, driz said:

i like 'precisions' too, it helps if you actually read. :)

I did read, but I was in class so I might of passed by what you wrote on accident, my bad... :D

Just now, The Lowki said:

I did read, but I was in class so I might of passed by what you wrote on accident, my bad... :D

we reconfigured the forums so you can scroll up now, it's working pretty well. :)

Just now, driz said:

we reconfigured the forums so you can scroll up now, it's working pretty well. :)

Oh my lord, stop the roast please I was paying attention to class too so I did not read everything is what I meant. xD

Just now, The Lowki said:

Oh my lord, stop the roast please I was paying attention to class too so I did not read everything is what I meant. xD

i'm well aware of what you meant, and like every other forum in the world, you're expected to read (or re-read) before asking dumb questions. :) 

the 'roast' ends when the 'dumb' ends.

Just now, driz said:

i'm well aware of what you meant, and like every other forum in the world, you're expected to read (or re-read) before asking dumb questions. :) 

the 'roast' ends when the 'dumb' ends.

Well yeah that's why I took out my other question I was about to ask since I saw someone had already asked it. Then I wanted to find something else so I just went quickly thinking I had seen all the questions. It was a simple mistake of me, I just did not see it that's it whats the big problem here like I'm sorry and all, but I don't know where the whole "dumb" part is, it was a simple human mistake...

21 minutes ago, The Lowki said:

Well yeah that's why I took out my other question I was about to ask since I saw someone had already asked it. Then I wanted to find something else so I just went quickly thinking I had seen all the questions. It was a simple mistake of me, I just did not see it that's it whats the big problem here like I'm sorry and all, but I don't know where the whole "dumb" part is, it was a simple human mistake...

The dumb part is that you continue to reply instead of moving on.

1 minute ago, Junzou said:

The dumb part is that you continue to reply instead of moving on.

He's a recruit.. they tend to do those things.

4Head

A message to potential recruits reading this:

If you're spamming the forums for post count and don't actually know anyone here, you're probably not going to get into sG even with this new voting system.

Likewise, if all you play is JB and you're under the age of 16, you're not getting in unless you're well liked.

I don't even understand why some people even apply if they don't know anyone here. The only reason I ever applied is because I have friends in the clan? 

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Likewise, if all you play is JB and you're under the age of 16, you're not getting in unless you're well liked.

This goes for you GMod regulars too. You guys need to branch out! Don't just expect to get a "Yes" from all of us that play GMod, because that won't be enough. Meet other people guys, don't just stay in your shell.

1 hour ago, Ironic said:

This goes for you GMod regulars too. You guys need to branch out! Don't just expect to get a "Yes" from all of us that play GMod, because that won't be enough. Meet other people guys, don't just stay in your shell.

plus they play gmod so i'll just vote no anyway

11 hours ago, Savage Princess Little One said:

plus they play gmod so i'll just vote no anyway

same can be said to all jb players

7 minutes ago, Chaulklet.Shake(Elmo) said:

same can be said to all jb players

good thing i stepped down as a jb so ayy lmao

but if there is no "x" option then the app will be invalid Kappa

But seriously this looks pretty good, the only thing about it i dislike is the anonymous comments, having an option to make it anonymous would be the best.  I don't solely votes based on comments, but i'd like to see what others have to say about the recruit to push my vote from a No →HELL NO or a ok →FUCK YA, some people's words i can trust and others have crazy opinions that i don't agree with so i generally don't listen to what they say or it just doesn't effect my opinion that much of the recruit.  Other times I have had a good/bad time with the recruit but i forgot and others can remind me who they were.  If the comments were anonymous then i won't know if the comment is a lie like slander trying to not get the recruit in "THIS GUY FUCKING HAXERZ" because seeing who is saying why they like/dislike a person carries a bit.

Anonymous comments directed toward the recruit do seem like a good idea "stop spamming the mic, and you would be alright."

Vote weight

thought staff having higher vote weight was fine, but 3 was too high, i would have suggested having it like +1 member +1.5 SO, etc... +2 Staff, etc... but if pass apps has showed us anything, having members count with 0.5 increment would have been a disaster.

A concern I have: the OP says "Anonymous feedback from the voters to the applicant" which implies you'll have to vote to give feedback. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of the feedback? For example, often I would want to give feedback to someone that they haven't been playing for a few weeks and that if they want my vote they have to start playing again. If I have to vote no in order to give this feedback and I can't change my vote, then I would be unable to reward them for fixing their behavior.

Am I reading this wrong? Will we be able to give feedback without voting?