Sign in to follow this  
The Lowki

Preventing a T to delay the round for hours.

Now I know this is weird to enforce but we need to find a way to make this stop I have seen so many people stand in a vent and wait there the whole 10 minutes, I do not know what we could do, suggestions from people would be great. 

Just now, Zip said:

/slay @t 

If only it was that easy. I mean we could establish a rule from them delaying the rounds which delays the server but I dont know the specifics on that. I was told that we had some rules that can be enforced but not anything specifically. @thorgot I know you said you were going to make something like this so here it is. Fyi

6 minutes ago, spiderpigrider said:

UM LCT!!! OR CT STRIKE FORCE NO CAMPING

You are not an idiot the whole slaying next round if delaying last round could very well work but I dunno... lol

Agreed. I think a rule against camping with intent to delay the round is a good idea. While I don't like terrorists camping in unfair spots or in vents in general, I don't think there should be a rule against that. What I have an issue with is camping in a difficult area or obscure vent simply to make people wait longer for the next round. For example, the top of extreme climb on clouds, or the hentai room vent on dojo. Camping there (and never peeking) doesn't get you more kills and significantly decreases the game quality for everybody else.

4 minutes ago, thorgot said:

Agreed. I think a rule against camping with intent to delay the round is a good idea. While I don't like terrorists camping in unfair spots or in vents in general, I don't think there should be a rule against that. What I have an issue with is camping in a difficult area or obscure vent simply to make people wait longer for the next round. For example, the top of extreme climb on clouds, or the hentai room vent on dojo. Camping there (and never peeking) doesn't get you more kills and significantly decreases the game quality for everybody else.

Well yeah it depends how they are delaying, if they're killing people and people can get where they are, don't really care but if they're just sitting there and it's either a really secret vent like on lockdown or just top of a climb like please...

I feel as if lct should also apply to last rebelling t. They can't camp to delay, and must actively be moving through vent, not hiding behind a wall etc etc. another way could be turn on radar to always show enemies at xx:xx time, but I dont know if that is possible. But yes, last rebelling T for delaying the round or any number delaying the round should really be put into play to see if we can speed things up.

im not great with suggestions but maybe they could add an autoslay to those that are not as active in a certain spot 

Edited by Dray the time traveler

45 minutes ago, Clamps said:

"Beacons at x:xx"  <wait til x:xx> /beacon all 

This would work, but there are multiple maps where there are vents in which people don't know of. A lot of the time, regulars will go into them and just sit there the whole round.

Trying to recall the particular map I have in mind- It's the one with an obstacle course and a connect four outside alongside a last reaction. The vent requires a series of buttons that you would have to have prior knowledge to get access too. I've had plenty of rounds where some T will get into it and sit there for the whole round despite being the last one. I got so fed up with it that I threatened to slay him if he didn't come out the last few rounds.

While I do agree it's annoying as fuck to have a T camp, I feel like making any sort of rule to make it kickable/bannable for camping ruins the whole point of being a T. Ts don't have rules in the first place (besides server etiquette) and I think it should stay like that. Admins can do other things in order to prevent people from camping, such as turning on beacons or letting the camper know they will not be getting an LRs that require an admin to accept. Worse come to worst and the camper is doing it PURELY to troll or annoy the server, then I'm almost positive that is already a kickable/bannable offense.

Just so I make myself clear

Camping for a pardon/LR - **Okay, but an asshole move** Okay in some instances, but always an asshole move

Camping in order to troll - Not okay, should be kicked/banned

4 minutes ago, Rune said:

Trying to recall the particular map I have in mind- It's the one with an obstacle course and a connect four outside alongside a last reaction. The vent requires a series of buttons that you would have to have prior knowledge to get access too. I've had plenty of rounds where some T will get into it and sit there for the whole round despite being the last one. I got so fed up with it that I threatened to slay him if he didn't come out the last few rounds.

I know exactly what map you are talking about, and I despise people who stay in there. 

**The more I think about it, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to camp at all when dealing with secret rooms.

Edited by Yunki

15 minutes ago, Rune said:

This would work, but there are multiple maps where there are vents in which people don't know of. A lot of the time, regulars will go into them and just sit there the whole round.

The map i think is lockdown correct me if im wrong and that map is one of the main reasons I am doing this, along with the tec-9 vent on dojo it's a good vent but people camp it a lot...

Edited by The Lowki

1 hour ago, Clamps said:

I've actually started going one step further and slaying people who do this after warning them. However, a lot of people recently ask me what rule they broke. Relying on the "griefing" rule makes them hate the admin and the server because they feel like they've been unfairly singled out. Adding a specific rule would fix the problem.

Its a giant gray area about slaying Ts. I'm normally against slaying any terrorist, but I agree, this has become way more popular than it used to be. I suppose I can add a specific rule on it. For now, beaconing ALL players is your best option

4 hours ago, Clamps said:

Best thing to do right now while they try to see what to do with this, is put up a vote for beacons if you see a T delaying the game and just camping. Usually gets the rascalL's out from hiding. 

This is a conspiracy to take away the basic rights of the Ts!

Isn't it enough that we have to listen to these squekers order us around? Isn't it enough that we have to play stupid games for them? Now they are trying to take away or basic right to camp in gay op spots!?!

If we manage to get away from the cancerous oppression of the team known to us only as the CTs, we now face the risk of getting slayed by a higher force! We deserve to be free! We deserve to keep our basic rights!

#MakeTsGreatAgain

3 hours ago, xmen said:

This is a conspiracy to take away the basic rights of the Ts!

Isn't it enough that we have to listen to these squekers order us around? Isn't it enough that we have to play stupid games for them? Now they are trying to take away or basic right to camp in gay op spots!?!

If we manage to get away from the cancerous oppression of the team known to us only as the CTs, we now face the risk of getting slayed by a higher force! We deserve to be free! We deserve to keep our basic rights!

#MakeTsGreatAgain

You're crazy. :lol:

Maybe create a beacon that is vertical instead of one that creates a small circle around the T? This obviously wouldn't work for people in secret vents (only option I can think of is to slay these people/tp them out), but it would help solve part of the problem.

make new plugin command, "ohhhhh your camping? well let me just turn on the walling plugin" would stop camping instantly

Then it gets abused and turns to staff only.

But really idk, i like thorgot's suggestion the best, warn/slay