Sign in to follow this  
Nav

How to make a map

Can someone please help me i have been thinking about making a map but i never got to it beecause i didnt know how to make it i had no idea how to start or where to look so if someone can help me or something it will be greatly appreciated if someone can hellp me please and thank you. Inspired by Thorgot/Yunki

what yunki said, Tophatwaffle is great if you really want to get into mapping, and he doesn't like teaching bad habits so he teaches the advance methods as soon as possible.  After video 6 you should know everything basic and can make a decent map on your own.  Everything after that is perfecting your map.  

Lots of things to consider.. geometry, characters, props, terrain, music, levels, gameplay elements, etc. Many of these are created using various programs/tools and are brought together using Hammer SDK. 

Take your time.

50 minutes ago, stealthysnacks said:

Lots of things to consider.. geometry, characters, props, terrain, music, levels, gameplay elements, etc. Many of these are created using various programs/tools and are brought together using Hammer SDK. 

Take your time.

or rush into it, make 100 failed projects then finally have enough failed experience to make a decently bad map. :)

On 5/2/2016 at 5:33 PM, cookie eater said:

or rush into it, make 100 failed projects then finally have enough failed experience to make a decently bad map. :)

This is usually the way things turn out :)

My map has changed so much and I've thrown away so many old ideas.