Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWaffler

I wanted to become an sG but...

I was playing Gmod when I mentioned becoming an sG. Then Ironic, an SO, said that I should have CS:GO to have a good chance of becoming one. He explained that many sG's and SO's play on the CS:GO not Gmod, which makes most people that are able to vote not knowing who I am. I want to become an sG, but the chances of me becoming one without CS:GO look slim. Is it possible I could become an sG? And how?

You could try being active on the forums or teamspeak, maybe try and play games that arent TTT or CSGO like rocket league or something with other sG members. If all else fails just buy csgo, it isnt that expensive.

CSGO makes up 80% of our servers, and a lot of staff/SOs play on them as its our primary game.

Exposure is good

Thanks! Being active on the forums was one of my ideas. I'll find some other games that sg is on. That was a big help!

1 minute ago, Dr Pepper said:

teamspeak is a good way to go

Can somebody explain team speak? Sorry, I don't really know much about it.

Just now, Shaymin said:

I feel like you would have better chances if you were active alot on the forums, not spamming to gain post count, but genuinely making conversation in a topic.

Thanks so much! That honestly helped me a lot!

Check out G2A if Steam isn't cheap enough for you. There are options out there, but again, CSGO isn't that expensive. I recommend not playing CT side on JB without a fair amount of time on T side. It's really easy to fuck up and piss off a server full of sG members... Mic spam or act like a child on mic? You'll damn your app to rejection before staff vote is over. 

an

sG

I was playing Gmod when I mentioned becoming an sG. Then Ironic, an SO, said that I should have CS:GO to have a good chance of becoming one. He explained that many sG's and SO's play on the CS:GO not Gmod, which makes most people that are able to vote not knowing who I am. I want to become an sG, but the chances of me becoming one without CS:GO look slim. Is it possible I could become an sG? And how?

@littleone no need to make fun of him. He sounds really sincere about joining the clan and there's nothing wrong with that

@TheWaffler I managed to join because I was very active on the forums (posted meaningful posts that were relevant to the topic at hand or had valuable input) and I hung around TeamSpeak a lot playing JB or league with a couple of clan members. As long as people see you're making an attempt at being active in our servers and are generally a non-troll and fun person the play with then you'll have no problem getting in! Give it a couple months and you'll be good

:vapenation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

sG is all about getting to meet new people and make friends. If you only play a few games just try and make sure you're very active on that game and get to know everyone. When I first join sG I had very little friends on steam but by the time I was an sG member I had over 50 on my friends list and knew tons of people in game. It's all about being active in the community here. Post good posts on the forum and try to get on teamspeak (I need to get in there more) and you'll get in! 

Oh and if your app does get denied just try again later and take the notes people put on your app to make yourself better. Does not hurt to try! :) 

5 hours ago, EL_PATRON said:

If you can wait until the 25th, ill gift you csgo

Problem solved!

I'm not saying it is completely impossible to make it, but I have seen way too many people from GMod apply, but not make it because they would never get on our CSGO servers.
As Swed stated, CSGO makes up around 80% of our servers and players.

The only other real way you could make it without ever getting on our CSGO servers is by staying active on the forums, getting on Teamspeak and chatting with a lot of guys, and maybe playing other games like Rocket League with some of our members.

8 hours ago, TheWaffler said:

You don't unnecessarily have to get CSGO, you can be active on the forums and play GMOD without having to play CSGO. But most of our servers are on CSGO, and you can meet other sG members there (including myself). In your case, just really be active on the forums and you should be good to go.

Also, being active on the forums isn't necessarily spamming! But team speak is also a good source of communication with everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

Check out G2A if Steam isn't cheap enough for you. There are options out there, but again, CSGO isn't that expensive. I recommend not playing CT side on JB without a fair amount of time on T side. It's really easy to fuck up and piss off a server full of sG members... Mic spam or act like a child on mic? You'll damn your app to rejection before staff vote is over. 

or u know, just dont play jb at all and come become a minigames overlord Kappa 

Easy way to get into sG (scientifically proven):

• Be humble.
  • Be respectful.
  • Know when you're wrong.
  • Don't act suspicious (i.e sending people random links or asking to 'borrow' items).
  • Encourage others to also join sG.

Of course, you could always buy everyone a Howl SMOrc

1 hour ago, Jiffy said:

or u know, just dont play jb at all and come become a minigames overlord Kappa 

What is jb? Is it an abbreviation for something? Sorry, I really don't know what it is.

1 minute ago, TheWaffler said:

What is job? Is it an abbreviation for something? Sorry, I really don't know what it is.

It's called JB, and its an abbreviation for jailbreak.

13 minutes ago, TheWaffler said:

What is jb? Is it an abbreviation for something? Sorry, I really don't know what it is.

It's JailBreak look up a YouTube video if you don't know what it is(it's cancer) but if u play alot on our TTT server on the CSGO you should make it as the basicly half of sG play on that server sometimes...  Also to get in play lots of t side in Jailbreak and be active on teamspeak...