Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotesMagoats

Community Slack

So, Revoker and I have decided to make a Slack for the community (since they refuse to give us shoutbox back. rip shoutbox 2k16). If you would like to join, please PM me or Revoker your email and we will send you an invite and if you have any questions feel free to message us. :) Anyone is welcome, but we do reserve the right to kick you from the channel if given a reason. The URL is http://joinsgcommunity.slack.com/ , but you will not be able to join until getting the invitation email. 

Add from Revoker;;

And also we don't want your personal emails, sorry i forgot to mention this earlier, you can make a temp email with this 

COURTESY OF SWED (throwaway email maker): http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html

NOTE: everyone in the group will be able to view your email with this.  And you do log into slack using the email you provided beforehand or username i believe. but you don't have to relogin unless you changed devices. (Also, email only lasts 10 minutes so makes sure you use this when someone can add you within those 10 mins.)

And the reasons i prefer slack over the shout box.

-Channels (to separate discussion, maybe you have a question about JB rules real quick but don't want to make a forum post asking a dumb question)

-better mobile app (rather then web browsing the forums)

-better notification settings

-EASY TO FUCKING READ (Isn't in some tiny ass box, and you can scroll way up in the history and see the discussion you've missed, contains up to 10,000 messages)

25 minutes ago, ThatOllieWhoDies said:

Yeah. Make it easier for us the PIP everyone else. Thanks :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you're joining an sG Facebook group you're not gonna be complaining about pip

2 hours ago, camelFun said:

When's the sG Facebook group?

I'm pretty sure there was one at one point.

1 hour ago, xmen said:

I'm pretty sure there was one at one point.

Ye dude ask firefighter for an invite he's the leader 

11 hours ago, camelFun said:

When's the sG Facebook group?

What are you talking about? This is facebook. We have post pictures of yourself, pets, and everything else!

EDIT: And a forum free for all where anything goes!

2 hours ago, nothing_but_fail said:

join this if you want your phone blowing up with notifications for free

You can make it so you're only notified for being tagged/direct messages. Don't scare these poor little people.

1 hour ago, Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV said:

I like the idea of Slack replacing shoutbox. You can mute notifications and customize your settings. However, I want to ask, do sG Global rules still apply there? As in, no spoilers, racism, ect? Because you might have a lot of problems otherwise. 

Narwhales, I was just thinking this earlier. My thoughts.............the general channel follow global rules and members only channel can be ffa.......OR....idk. Thoughts and ideas are welcome. :)

6 minutes ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Would probably be very cluttered if tons of people joined. Also private slack channels would be requested most likely so people could have their own private conversations.

We only have private channel for "members only" and Revoker's mapping channel. All the other channels are public. It can get cluttered, but it's our alternative to shout box. And if you're spamming the shit out of it, we will just kick you. easy peasy.

I can barely keep up with the SO Slack. I don't think I could do another one personally haha.

Not knocking it, it's a good alternative for those who want that.

lmfao why the fuck would you even make this

just make a fucking thread titled shoutbox

here i did it for you idiots: 

Why the fuck would you even make a thread?

We already got one of those you dumbass.

It was literally right below your post lmfao

there's plenty of threads on the forums because that's what forums are meant to do gamer

plus i needed the shit that gives the thread preview in my post

1 minute ago, Knox said:

there's plenty of threads on the forums because that's what forums are meant to do gamer

its really easy guys first go to preferences in the top left or just https://joinsgcommunity.slack.com/account/notifications

Ce6Ieaq.png

then from here you can set your notifications for this device or press the "set preferences for email and mobile notifications"

IMCTxyu.png

which brings you here

uLDdk1W.png

then set what ever you want

On48kj7.png

then lastly i would set up this channel so people can msg the admins if someone is on the server breaking the rules and all admins can see it at once instead of the guy messaging all the admins he just knows on his friend's list.

ZpOuoxf.png