Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheAceVirus

Good Mic's?

So, i have been looking online for a long time to find a good quality mic that will make my voice sound clear without that much background noise. I bought one on Amazon after seeing its good reviews and when i got it, it was complete trash. if you have any suggestions for good, cheap mics that you have USED, please tell me! :D

(My budget is around 100)

DO NOT get a Steelseries headset. It might just be me, but I have the worst experience with them. I previously had a pair of Steelseries Siberia V2's. Those were working fine for about six months before the sound in my right ear would start cutting out. Now keep in mind, I didn't mistreat my headset at all. I looked around on the internet and it seemed like other people were having the same problem. After replacing that headset with a brand new Steelseries Prism Elite headset it was a lot better. The only problem with this one is the microphone picks up a clicking noise. (similar to a mouse clicking) but very rapidly. 

EDIT: That's if you're looking for a headset. I didn't completely read through the whole post. My bad.

Blue snowball, put the switch on the back to the middle setting and turn the Level of the mic down to like 80 in the recording devices properties 

Blue snowball, put the switch on the back to the middle setting and turn the Level of the mic down to like 80 in the recording devices properties

Agree with this. I have a Blue Snowball and it's so good for the cheap price!

Agree with this. I have a Blue Snowball and it's so good for the cheap price!

Is there a certain kind, if so, may i please have the link?

Is there a certain kind, if so, may i please have the link?

If you have Amazon Prime then I think your best bet is from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006DIA77E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1455164491&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=Blue+snowball

You can also get it in different colors (I believe they cost more though).

I drove out to microcenter and got a $10 mic. Works pretty well as long as you keep it away from your speakers.

Snowball master race

Bad. Don't use the middle setting for teamspeak and such...

0ZUgVaS.png

First is perfect. 

You can buy a 40 dollar Logitech headset from your local Radioshack. People noticed a huge difference and 40 bucks isn't that much, so if you don't wanna go over the top you always have that option