Sign in to follow this  
Skipp

Changerace lowest

Thought it would be nice to have a "Changerace lowest" command.

It would turn you into the race with the lowest level you own. If there are multiple then it would give a list.

Its a lot like changerace unmaxed but in this case its usefull for if you want to start a new race, get some quick levels or for the small player amount that already have everything they own maxed but still want to see what of the races is their lowest.

I literally just had this idea because I'm trying to raise my total level as fast as possible

Just add the functionality to the changerace plugin.

it already supports k,p,! etc

I literally just had this idea because I'm trying to raise my total level as fast as possible

Just add the functionality to the changerace plugin.

it already supports k,p,! etc

hey swed

I beat you to 100%

For real tho, how hard is it to changerace unmaxedand go from there? You are talking about at most 5 pages of races if you are a regular... how hard is it to look at 5 pages?

I've already considered making a changerace list ordered by level, so if I did that making it work both ways wouldn't be too hard.

But x d I'm probably not doing anything any time soon.

For real tho, how hard is it to changerace unmaxedand go from there? You are talking about at most 5 pages of races if you are a regular... how hard is it to look at 5 pages?

I've already considered making a changerace list ordered by level, so if I did that making it work both ways wouldn't be too hard.

But x d I'm probably not doing anything any time soon.

I was talking moreso about races I had the lowest level in, even if the race is maxed. I just hit 100% today so unmaxed doesn't work.

I was talking moreso about races I had the lowest level in, even if the race is maxed. I just hit 100% today so unmaxed doesn't work.

Haha out of curiosity what does it say? No races matched?

Haha out of curiosity what does it say? No races matched?

It should return Plugin_Handled; if it matches less than 1 race, so it should just eat the chat command and do nothing.

I think wording it that way downplays the fact that something that sounds simple to 90+% of players can really be a multiple hour ordeal.

I coded the menu really fast (10-20 minutes?) but then spent an extra 1 or 2 hours probably to make it actually work properly (pulling in invalid races.... pulling in by the number of the race on the race list instead of the race id... my methodology for doing this is a little confusing, but it resulted in me turning things into floats and the raceid was rounding down like archimonde was 142 but it'd come out 1419999999 and get cut off at 141, which happens to be golden tail... but figuring out that is what the problem was was half the battle).

People say a lot of stuff like "just add dust2 back" "I can't, it's broken" "well fix it, it should be like your #1 priority" ... I/we already put a decent number of hours into trying to figure out what was wrong with the dust maps. I think I could probably go back and fix it, but at a certain point you lose all enjoyment in a task (see: ammo) and it just becomes tedious and makes you hate working on the server.

"just fix the server lag" I spent a decent amount of time myself troubleshooting, and I also spent a lot of time with mimic troubleshooting, skitt/driz talking about ideas, etc. Overall we have probably put more time in than people really think for that issue.

I know it isn't what you meant, but a LOT of people approach stuff as "just do this". Like saying "just fix dust2" sounds nice, and half the players on the server (or more) are gonna be like "yeah! fix dust2 it has been gone forever!" but they don't realize that "fix dust2" could easily be "delete 8+ hours of your life, and maybe still don't even fix it" for me (or anyone else). There is no guarantee that I dump an entire saturday into trying to fix something that it will get fixed (see: the previous effort I spent trying to fix dust2).

Just a rant tho :)

I think wording it that way downplays the fact that something that sounds simple to 90+% of players can really be a multiple hour ordeal.

I coded the menu really fast (10-20 minutes?) but then spent an extra 1 or 2 hours probably to make it actually work properly (pulling in invalid races.... pulling in by the number of the race on the race list instead of the race id... my methodology for doing this is a little confusing, but it resulted in me turning things into floats and the raceid was rounding down like archimonde was 142 but it'd come out 1419999999 and get cut off at 141, which happens to be golden tail... but figuring out that is what the problem was was half the battle).

People say a lot of stuff like "just add dust2 back" "I can't, it's broken" "well fix it, it should be like your #1 priority" ... I/we already put a decent number of hours into trying to figure out what was wrong with the dust maps. I think I could probably go back and fix it, but at a certain point you lose all enjoyment in a task (see: ammo) and it just becomes tedious and makes you hate working on the server.

"just fix the server lag" I spent a decent amount of time myself troubleshooting, and I also spent a lot of time with mimic troubleshooting, skitt/driz talking about ideas, etc. Overall we have probably put more time in than people really think for that issue.

I know it isn't what you meant, but a LOT of people approach stuff as "just do this". Like saying "just fix dust2" sounds nice, and half the players on the server (or more) are gonna be like "yeah! fix dust2 it has been gone forever!" but they don't realize that "fix dust2" could easily be "delete 8+ hours of your life, and maybe still don't even fix it" for me (or anyone else). There is no guarantee that I dump an entire saturday into trying to fix something that it will get fixed (see: the previous effort I spent trying to fix dust2).

Maybe it's because you have a baby face Kappa

Love you babe

Start server 2

24/7 dust only

start dumping stuff into it

see when it breaks

profit?

anyways gj :D