Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChosenOne2000

Amendment to the Staff-Only Voting Period in Recruitment

After much discussion in the community and much debate among staff, we have decided to implement the following changes to the staff voting period in 2016:

- EVERY completed application goes to community vote after the staff voting period, regardless of how a staff member votes

- The staff-only voting period now consists of the +3/-3 community voting format

- The staff-only voting period runs through the 7th of the month (1 week). On the 8th day, the apps will be moved to the community voting section of the recruitment forums to continue the vote.

- Again, every completed app goes to community vote after the staff only voting period has ended. Yes votes don't require an explanation. Staff members are required to explain a "no" vote during the 1 week staff voting period only. We "ask" the community explain no votes.

- Yes, staff can still vote after the one week period. 

To dumb it down...instead of going 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for a week, we're using the community voting string for a week, then we turn it over to the community. It saves us the hassle of voting twice or having to wait for an app to get the required votes before advancing to the community vote. Staff may not like a potential recruit, but the community may love them. This format grants the community more power to decide who joins sG, while allowing staff to provide input as well.

Example:

January 7, 2016

6/50

Yes [Community] + 1: 

Yes [sO/VET/LEG] + 2: 
Yes [staff] +3: c12k, driz, camel (+9)
Abstain
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET/LEG] - 2: 
No [staff] - 3: eddy (-3)

January 8, 2016

No! He freekills too much! That's my job!

4/50

Yes [Community] + 1: 

Yes [sO/VET/LEG] + 2: 
Yes [staff] +3: c12k, driz, camel (+9)
Abstain
No [Community] - 1:
No [sO/VET/LEG] - 2: Sandy (-2)
No [staff] - 3: eddy (-3)

Feel free to ask questions if you need further explanation.

-sG Staff

So everyone starts in community vote now then, just staff go first at voting?

Provided the app is complete, yes. Staff voting is still one week, just EVERY app goes to the community vote regardless of how the staff vote. It's possible an app can roll into community voting at a +12 or -12.

Provided the app is complete, yes. Staff voting is still one week, just EVERY app goes to the community vote regardless of how the staff vote. It's possible an app can roll into community voting at a +12 or -12.

now with this is the total needed to get in to the clan going to change as in raise ? or no changes will be done regarding this?

now with this is the total needed to get in to the clan going to change as in raise ? or no changes will be done regarding this?

I was just providing an example. No changes to any other aspects of the recruitment process.

I was just providing an example. No changes to any other aspects of the recruitment process.

i was just curious if there was anymore to come.

The only real issue I see with this is that the community votes will be delayed, and people may forget to vote until its too late. I guess it boils down to the recruit to get votes and be active.

Is there going to be an announcement each month saying that community votes are open?

The only real issue I see with this is that the community votes will be delayed, and people may forget to vote until its too late. I guess it boils down to the recruit to get votes and be active.

People have 3 weeks to vote. If this somehow becomes an issue, we can revisit the policy.

Is there going to be an announcement each month saying that community votes are open?

This really isn't any different to how things have been in the past. Sometimes it took over a week for someone to get the required votes to pass into the community phase.

So basically Staffs just get first picks. I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Pretty much. But really, and addressing the previous quote as well, this opens it up to staff to put comments down about recruits for the rest of the community to see. As you saw, we are required to give reasons why we are voting no, which will hopefully help community members to make decisions. 

Anyways, I think this is a good step. Great job guys.

Could I ask why it was decided to implement it in this fashion as opposed to just pushing it forth to a community vote?

It feels as if it would make no difference at all. Most staff don't end up voting until later in the month regardless.

It's intended to allow staff to inform the community about a player, while not allowing staffs to simply skip the community vote because we don't like someone. There really isn't a change for you guys aside from the fact that every applicant will make it to community vote now.

If we have relevant info, we will post it so you can go into the vote with full knowledge.

You might be right about no change at all, if we have no internal data about a player, you won't see anything from us. The big change is that the community will ALWAYS have a say, regardless of what staff thinks

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

If this is considered bumping then I'll take the infraction.

Back to the topic, I think this is a solid idea, specially when applicant's are from a server not many people play on, FE: ze, ttt, bhop.

With this method it will be easier for those applicants to get in the clan. 

Back to the topic, I think this is a solid idea, specially when applicant's are from a server not many people play on, FE: ze, ttt, bhop.

I'm pretty sure we don't have a bhop server, but we do have a kz server though.