Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Dean

AUA (ask us anything (military))

i immediately distrust all muslims until they prove themselves to be trustworthy. after all, it was a muslim american Soldier that tossed a grenade into the command tent in Iraq in 2003.

Can we get a ban on him for racism  :blink:

1. Were any one of you guys ordered to do something that you consider(ed) immoral? 

2. I was once (coerced by my professor) in a conference with a bunch of old hippies on drone attacks and they were arguing that it had too many collateral kills and that it is far worse than soldier's making the choice to shoot and end a life and mentioned that the soldier should be able to fight back the post-trauma. This may be a stupid question, but do you know anyone that may have managed to "fight back" the post-trauma?

3. Any stories? 

1. Were any one of you guys ordered to do something that you consider(ed) immoral? 

2. I was once (coerced by my professor) in a conference with a bunch of old hippies on drone attacks and they were arguing that it had too many collateral kills and that it is far worse than soldier's making the choice to shoot and end a life and mentioned that the soldier should be able to fight back the post-trauma. This may be a stupid question, but do you know anyone that may have managed to "fight back" the post-trauma?

3. Any stories?

1. No.

2. Post trauma? That's not how anxiety disorders work...

3. Many

3. Any stories? 

1. No.

2. What?

3. Alot.

How hard was your Basic Training?
And did you work out much before going into Basic Training?
(This is mainly asked for Howard or anyone else who's been/currently serving in the Airforce because with the Air National Guard I will have my BCT with the Air Force peeps)

(This is mainly asked for Howard or anyone else who's been/currently serving in the Airforce because with the Air National Guard I will have my BCT with the Air Force peeps)

Driz and I didn't attend basic training. We commissioned through ROTC. I was a cadet for 8 years and a varsity athlete on 3 teams. I've always been athletic.

To me, BMT was easy. It was all a mind game to wear you down mentally. Sure, it is somewhat physically demanding at times, but the Air Force PT (physical training) is a joke. I was athletic prior to joining and definitely have not maintained where I was at prior to and completing Basic.

http://www.afpc.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-110804-054.pdf

This is the Airforce PT test requirements. TLDR; 13:36 mile and a half, 39 inch waist, 33 pushups, and 42 situps are the minimums. Definitely do not strive for the minimum and try to progress as much as you can prior to going through Basic.

muslim isn't a race...

During a long conversation, when getting to know someone new, and eventually reaching the topic of religion... do you distrust them after talking with them for a lengthy period of time once you figure out they're a muslim? Or do you immediately assume they're muslim and wait for them to prove their loyalty to 'Murica?

It may not be technically racist but it certainly is Islamophobic.

I don't deny being prejudiced. I don't trust most people until they earn it, Muslims (and Arabs) have to work a little harder for it.

That being said I dated an Arab girl (2 in fact) one in Kuwait and one in Lebanon. I'm also close friends with with an Egyptian and a Jordanian.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

...and a Muslin psychiatrist that shot up Ft. Hood.

As someone who was there, if I can not hold all Muslims responsible you can too

As someone who was there, if I can forgive Muslims you can too

I'm just stating facts. Plus I was in San Antonio during the attack. We were placed on lockdown AND they brought Hassan to my hospital for treatment.

9/11...

Paris...

California...

When Ezekiel attacks me with a butter churn, I'll start fearing the Amish.

What was it like when you guys first joined the Military?
Was it scary, exciting, did you feel like the new guy and didn't know what to do a whole lot?

What was it like when you guys first joined the Military?

Was it scary, exciting, did you feel like the new guy and didn't know what to do a whole lot?

It was exciting during deployment. I felt prepared. If I didn't know something, I just asked.