Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velo

Maryland Military blimp loose

One of two Military blimps that were tethered in Aberdeen, MD broke loose. No one noticed until it was over Pennsylvania. 3 billion dollar blimp and there is no GPS on it. Smooth. Apparently there is 3,700 feet of tether still attached taking out power lines and such. Keep an eye out, PA guys.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/10/28/report-military-blimp-came-off-tether/

In other news..

12065831_10102393645646915_9141880016390

I know about the blimp, you can see it for miles.  It's a bit surprising it came loose, and even more surprising that they didn't divert air traffic around it for some time.  It /is/ not far from the PA border (eh about 30 miles).  

FYI: The blimp was made as a Radar detection unit to stop another 9/11 from happening to the Capitol. 

source: live there, aviation industry heritage 

I know about the blimp, you can see it for miles.  It's a bit surprising it came loose, and even more surprising that they didn't divert air traffic around it for some time.  It /is/ not far from the PA border (eh about 30 miles).  

FYI: The blimp was made as a Radar detection unit to stop another 9/11 from happening to the Capitol. 

source: live there, aviation industry heritage 

Nothing like the sight of a spy blimp (now two) pointing at me while driving up eastern ave to go to work in the morning.

Nothing like the sight of a spy blimp (now two) pointing at me while driving up eastern ave to go to work in the morning.

nothing like overhearing peasants at the harbor going "wat is that" 

Let me get this straight it cost

3 billion dollar

for a super size hot air balloon that does what???

Let me get this straight it cost

for a super size hot air balloon that does what???

"State-of-the-art radar tracking/incoming/targeting systems" 

Also what cost alot were the computers on the ground that relayed the info, I /think/ that they put that into the total cost for that "Dramatic Effect" (clickbait)