Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

driz

getting phished

I just want to put this out there. If you get phished, you're a fucking moron. do not download executables from ppl you dont know.. guess what, linux users play competitive csgo so they can't possibly run the exe you just got hacked with. use some common sense and dont be stupid. If your "friend" has never asked you to download an exe to play with them before why would they now? 

please sG, stop being so fucking stupid. thanks and I love you all 

The issue most people face when they get phished, is someone they know / trust has been phished themselves.

Why is this bad? Because you trust your friends.

Eg: I trust driz. If driz told me to download a file, I might be tempted to do it. This isn't exactly typical behavior for driz though, so maybe I would go and ask him on teamspeak, or via our staff chat what the file is, and if it was really him.

Now, driz knows his account is compromised, and I know not to download the file.

TL;DR Before running any program or script on your computer, verify the person telling you to download it is actually that person, and they haven't been hacked / phished themselves.

But... what if my long-lost brother decides to inform me of his existence through a Steam chat with a link? I don't want to be disrespectful to my newly found brethren.

But... what if my long-lost brother decides to inform me of his existence through a Steam chat with a link? I don't want to be disrespectful to my newly found brethren.

Ask him if he's part of the Sith, if he isn't then I doubt he's your brother.

For real. Why would you willingly download an executable from anyone? I assume if you're on the internet, you might have an inkling of an idea of what they can do. Even if you're not sure, and you want to download something, just paste the URL via this website:

https://www.virustotal.com/

Ezpz.

Should always assume that someone's trying to hack you if they trying to get you to download shit. No one on the internet is really going to be your friend unless you've met them in real life. Let's be honest here.

For real. Why would you willingly download an executable from anyone? 

The latest scam involved joining a Team Speak server. Upon connecting it informs you that there is an update for the client. This looks very much like the normal update check when you first launch the program. I can see how many people wouldn't think twice.

However, you are right for those that fell for the... "you need to install this anti-cheat" or "this is our admin program! we want give you free admin"

The latest scam involved joining a Team Speak server. Upon connecting it informs you that there is an update for the client. This looks very much like the normal update check when you first launch the program. I can see how many people wouldn't think twice.

However, you are right for those that fell for the... "you need to install this anti-cheat" or "this is our admin program! we want give you free admin"

Can I enroll in that second one pls

Can I enroll in that second one pls

Sure just give us your username and password so we can enter you in our system then use that to log into the admin program found at http://virus.net/totallyLegitAdminProgram.msi 

Make sure to run it as administrator by right-clicking on the file after you download it. If you are having problems I can connect to your computer with TeamViewer to help.

Sure just give us your username and password so we can enter you in our system then use that to log into the admin program found at http://virus.net/totallyLegitAdminProgram.msi 

Make sure to run it as administrator by right-clicking on the file after you download it. If you are having problems I can connect to your computer with TeamViewer to help.

Ban Centran for attempted account hijacking plz.

I have gotten my account back please left the banned ty!

2lln608.png
Been holding onto that for some time haven't ya, dilweed.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is that cunt Rayne..

Been holding onto that for some time haven't ya, dilweed.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is that cunt Rayne..

That's literally Rayne's sig... Don't have to hold onto it... :P

Ask him if he's part of the Sith, if he isn't then I doubt he's your brother.

If he is, I'd have to kill him cause y'know, Rule of Two and everything. It'd take awkward family reunions to a higher level.