Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moose

New Admin Command

There's a new admin command for JB for all admins. Some people had suggested an area heal for those times that a CT shoots into a stack, or a nade damages them, or whatever, and they don't want to heal rebellers. It works the same as sm_sethealth just without specifying a target. It will heal all players in a 350 unit radius (it's not that big, it also shoots out a quick ring/beacon if you're paying attention, so you can see how far it actually is).

To use the command you can do either:

sm_areahealth <value> or sm_ahealth <value>

(obviously in chat just /areahealth <value> or !ahealth <value>...)

So for example if you're a terrorist and you all need a heal and are grouped up: /ahealth 100 ....enjoy.

EDIT: I'm also working on doing a sm_ctinfo <target> command to see the info of someones restriction ( who restricted them, how long, and for what (it would make it more important to put a reason into a restriction if this gets put on the server ) ). This way when people ask why they were restricted you can look it up, let them know, or take other action (possibly talk to the admin who restricted them and lower the punishment if agreed it was a little too harsh or they seem like they've learned and don't need to wait out the rest...). We'll see how that goes, it's a little more difficult to write code assuming I'm querying a database I don't actually have access to :) .

I think you should be able to target a person and do it, because what if you're an admin and on ct, you dont wanna go near and bait :\

ct'd players are in a database but talk to camelfun about making the command as he made something similar in the past

edit: bulletford gotchu

Thanks guys. 

Poseidon, I thought about adding a target option to it, and I suppose we still could. This way, hopefully it will keep an idiot from shooting into the stack to get a rebeller and then targeting another to heal the rest. We still don't want free-shooting to run rampant. Also, it does go from wherever you are in spectate as well, so if any admin is dead and you need a heal on the T stack, they can either free-spec next to them or spec a T to do so.

No I didn't Face... Although from what I've seen most things don't have a max value (at least in jb, and people tend not to be stupid with it...) such as giving someone 999999 armor or health...

There were a few other things I've thought about with it, but if we do want to make some changes to it I'm happy to do so. 

Is there any way to make it so the CTs that are in the area don't get healed? So that this command is specifically for terrorists?

Love the command; nice job! However CTs get the benefit too, especially in a room like climb in spy_vs_spy.

Now CTs have the potential to be healed instead of the rebellers. It's basically just turning the table on some maps.

Hopefully it's possible to only heal the Terrorists.

Is there any way to make it so the CTs that are in the area don't get healed? So that this command is specifically for terrorists?

Love the command; nice job! However CTs get the benefit too, especially in a room like climb in spy_vs_spy.

Now CTs have the potential to be healed instead of the rebellers. It's basically just turning the table on some maps.

Hopefully it's possible to only heal the Terrorists.

It is, and a pretty simple change too. I suppose there would be no reason for it to target CTs. I'll look into it.

You could add like /ahealth_t or just make it by default only do t's then do /ahealth_all for all players or /ahealth_ct for just cts.

You can do GetClientTeam(i)==CS_TEAM_T or CS_TEAM_CT if you wanna check teams

It is, and a pretty simple change too. I suppose there would be no reason for it to target CTs. I'll look into it.

There are ways to add optional parameters.  /ahealth <hp value> <team> could be a possibility. However, maybe CTs just shouldnt be included altogether in the heal. There is no reason to heal them. 

There are ways to add optional parameters.  /ahealth <hp value> <team> could be a possibility. However, maybe CTs just shouldnt be included altogether in the heal. There is no reason to heal them. 

Yeah I was kind of thinking the second approach, just making it a target Ts command. That way it's quicker to type for people to heal people, and if for whatever reason (LR, or whatever) you need to heal CTs, you can heal all of them with sethealth @ct. The whole idea behind the command was a way to heal just the near by Ts that aren't rebelling, so there's not much of a reason to have it be able to target CTs.

You could add like /ahealth_t or just make it by default only do t's then do /ahealth_all for all players or /ahealth_ct for just cts.

You can do GetClientTeam(i)==CS_TEAM_T or CS_TEAM_CT if you wanna check teams

I don't really need to check teams, but thanks! Since we don't really care who is doing the command, just that it only targets Ts. It should just be a part of the validate statement to see if the entity is a valid target (Terrorist)...