Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mimic

Community Digest 10/4/2015

UFVHYyl.png

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since we've created a Digest and with all the recent changes in the community we figured one was well deserved. It has been just under a year since our last Digest, so various changes throughout the year will be skimmed over as well as various Staff changes, new members, and ranks and recruitment promotions. In addition, upcoming events will also be announced!

News:

• Staff Changes

• KZ/Climb

• TTTGO

• Ranks and Recruitment

• IPB4

Staff Changes:

Along with a new digest usually comes Staff changes. This time around we are announcing a few departures from staff as well as a few well-deserved promotions. First, I would like to congratulate Centran on joining Eddy, Klark, and myself as a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In this position his title of Technical Manager will remain; however, he will join the rest of the Joint Chiefs in making key decisions regarding the community.

Next, I would like to congratulate Clamps on being promoted to manage the Server Officer program which was formerly headed by Eddy. To assist him, I would also like to congratulate Fugner on his promotion to Server Officer Advisor from Recruitment Officer. From now on you will see these two handling a majority of the work involving Server Officers including Server Officer applications, discipline, and overall management.

Along with additions to staff comes various departures. With a heavy heart I am sad to say goodbye to Thorgot who stepped down late last month. He is the founding father of the Syndicate Gamers Warcraft 3 community and is responsible for the custom sprays feature on many of our servers. For his efforts and dedication toward the community I am pleased to give him the ever-lasting title of "Legend" of our community, and I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

In addition, I am sad to announce the departure of Spell as the Complaint Department/Recruitment Officer Manager as well as Name, the Warcraft 3 Engineer. Again, I would like to thank these two for their work and dedication toward the community and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

- Mimic, Chairman of the JCS

IPB4:

We are currently preparing an upgrade of our forums to IPB4. This will take some time, and there will most likely be hickups along the way. The new version of the forums is rewritten from the ground up, with speed and efficiency in mind. We will lose our current default theme, but will be replacing it with a new one(preview here). For those that use the Transit/Subway theme, that will be upgraded for the new version day 1. With the upgrade, we will lose some of our customizations, most notably the badge/award system. The author of this plugin is currently working on an updated version with no ETA, however. We will be exploring replacement options for awards. Hopefully with the database improvements and rewriting of the forums core, reputation may make a comeback.

Server Officers:

We would like to send out a big thank you to all the current and past Server Officers. Our servers wouldn't be as popular as they are, if it was not for all of you making our servers enjoyable.

Server Officer Roster:

Jailbreak

BullDog - Kim - Dette - Moose - Brick - Frogs - Ivanns - K1ller - Destin - Trinity - Mark - Travesty - Tacky

Trouble Terrorist Town

Bob Ross - Will - Cody - Avenger - Lotmoshr - Tuxedo - Sith - Ian Kinsler - Sean - Iafunky - Cocomendes - Ironic

Zombie Escape

Crobat - Chet

Surf

Synergy

Minigames

Marine Putin - Coldfuse - Poseidon

Warcraft 3:GO

DerpyPwny - Attg_agent - TurtleFrenzy - Agrippa - Infestedmarine

KZ/Climb

Black Jesus

TTTGO

Bite

If you're willing to help the servers out and think you'd make a great Server Officer, please submit the below application in a private message to Clamps. We might not have room for you in your desired server at the time of applying, but submitting an application makes us aware that you want to help.

Server Officer Application Form

SteamID:

Link to Game.Me profile:

Server you are interested in applying for:

Other servers that you have admin privileges for:

Reasons you would make for a great admin:

Jailbreak:
We have seen requests for additional slots on our JB server, however due to physical resource constraints we are unable to support this. Instead driz took the time to custom compile a kernel for our gaming boxes that, thus far, has unlocked some additional capabilities. A recent test on the JB box, with 25 users showed that during a warday, there was 0 lag. This is a pretty significant improvement over what is typically seen during a warday. As of 30SEP15 JB was officially moved over to the new kernel platform, so while we can't increase player capacity we hope that this change will help alleviate the lag seen when maxed out or having wardays. As always, please report any issues using the bug tracker or PM to staff. We will be introducing this kernel to war3 (which has already gone through a couple player load tests) next. (climb and our competition servers already have it)

TTTGO:

TTTGO is a new server that is currently in beta launched in June. It was developed by Bulletford and tested by him and Jeff. The server is very similar to our GMOD Trouble in Terrorist Town servers, except it is on CSGO (duh). The server has been struggling lately and is need of community support. The server is still in beta, and it is impossible for Bulletford to fix all the bugs without any help. The server already has a large amount of features; it is just lacking support from the community. So get in there and help! Please, be honest and tell us what you find needs improvement or does not mesh well. If you're interested in becoming a SO for the server contact Bulletford or Jeff. Also, be sure to keep an eye out for future events.

Climb:

Climb is a new server that was developed by Tristan and Klark. The server has been growing, over the past few months. The server has attracted tons of regulars that actively play. The Climb server will now features a globalization system. This system allows us to sync times, bans, and maps with many other servers. This means that all of our top records will be hosted on http://www.kzstats.com/ and all current times will be reset. This system will help our server continue to grow and garner interest.

Zombie Escape:

Our Zombie Escape server has been growing well over the past few months thanks to dedicated SOs and ZE Advisor Dilly Dally. Many of the crash bugs that caused the low population have been fixed by Mimic. Due to this the server is much more stable than it was in the past. In addition, the store plugin was also removed from the server to improve the download time to join the server. Furthermore, Knockback has been reworked to better emulate the functionality seen in Counter-Strike: Source rather than causing players to be knocked into the air, you will notice they are pushed back as they were in the past.

Trouble in Terrorist Town:

GMOD's playerbase has stagnated, over the years. This has come about because of no support for CS:GO content. GMOD relies heavily on content from CS:S and other earlier Source engine games (L4D, L4D2, TF2, etc.). TTT is especially reliant on CS:S content. When CS:GO was released, Valve started to distance itself from CS:S. Thus, fewer new players are introduced to CS:S and GMOD, as the two have usually been packaged together in deals. Less custom content and support has come about, because of this, along with a general lack of interest.

What does this have to do with our  GMOD servers, in particular? Recently, we switched over the TTT Custom server into a TTT Custom Minecraft server. Non-Minecraft maps that do not come packaged with GMOD or CS:S tend to have longer download times. The majority of these maps tend to use assets from CS:S, which new players are less likely to have. Many of these new players are also younger teens, and that demographic has a large, obvious interest in Minecraft. TTT Custom was not generating any new players, even before it started to get severe crashing issues.

Has the revamped server been a success? Not yet. While we do get occasional spikes in player count, the server is usually not populated. This can be attributed to increased download times, as we do have custom weapons on the server. These custom weapons tend to use CS:S assets. We are still experimenting with balancing and content, and we welcome any suggestions for new content on there. However, if population does not increase, within the coming months, this server may be further changed, becoming another TTT Vanilla server, except it would run a different map rotation.

We are looking for suggestions on how to improve our TTT Custom server, and as always, we are in need of Server Officers. If you have an interest in TTT and are interested in helping to administrate the server, please message either Gerald orZachPL.

Warcraft 3:

Since the last Community Digest (11/1/2014)...

Commits to GIT (aka, changes to the server): ~800! Some of these are minor (fixing a typo), some of these are as large as Name's balance update.

Server/QOL changes:

• Gun purchase menu (/guns, /guns ak47, /guns m4a4, /guns m4a1s) to buy rifles regardless of team restrictions. Even though it still has a minor bug.

• Debug menu (/debug) to help debug some bugs substantially easier.

• Bufflist command (bufflist ) to help debug most buff bugs in an instant instead of weeks.

• Spendskillsmax command (spendskillsmax) to dump all your skillpoints into a skill (useful for respeccing on a race like Adventurer or Archmage Khadgar).

• Race/shop log (developer only). This can be used to dump out all race and shop data.

• Wish and Pistol Clip Extender auto-buying (wishon/wishoff; extenderon/extenderoff). This automatically buys the respective item for you every round.

• Added total experience to the commands "xp" and "showxp".

• Fixed reserve ammo resetting every time you reloaded or purchased armor (this fix doesn't apply to m4a1s/cz75/usp-s yet, sadly).

• Added round-win experience based on the number of kills per round.

• Fixed teambalance allowing people to get kills on "teammates" that are being swapped at round end.

• Made it so cash can only be given out for 15 seconds at the start of a round and can't be given out during freeze time.

• Added war3imba so peolple don't have to spam war3bug with nonsense.

• Fixed a bug involving weapons spawning with an invalid "owner" crashing the server (typically crashed every 4-12 hours).

• CSGO matchmaking "level" was used briefly to represent your level on a race, until volvo got upset about people using those.

• Had probably the most versatile skins plugin in CSGO (I might be exaggerating, but thorgot is a god) until volvo got upset about people using those.

• Racestats command was added allowing people to get great info about races. Racestats data is also dumped to our server files every day allowing us to make comparisons to see how the data changes over time.

• Skillstats was added giving lots of info about race skills with unique damage names.

• Race of the day was added, allowing people to potentially play races they might not unlock for a while and also making the leveling experience slightly more enjoyable for some.

• Map bonus experience was added making the maps played substantially more diverse.

• Altered the way invisibility worked thanks to a valve update, allowing us to use SPRAYS!

• And I'm sure I'm missing many more things!

New races:

Bulletford:

• Cultist

Dave:

• Archdruid Malfurion

• Brewmaster Monk

Face:

• Abaddon

• Accuri, Master Marksman

• Angel of Light

• Ares (not yet released)

• Black Mage

• Bob the Novice

• Boreas of the North Wind

• Bounty Hunter (not yet released)

• Cho'gall, the Ogre-Magi

• Damoi Tui (not yet released)

• Demon Hunter

• Dragon Knight

• Valsharess, Drow Queen

• Dunpeal

• Exalted Sorcerer

• Forest Elf

• Impetus

• Archmage Khadgar

• Lina

• Lord Jaraxxus (started by Name)

• Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

• Magnus the Summoner

• Human Marine

• Motoko Kusanagi

• Neve

• Night Elf Elder

• Pudge

• Quillfiend

• Terran Reaper

• Rokhan

• Rottweil

• Ruthless Mercenary

• Selune

• Shinobi Aruki

• Tyrande Whisperwind

• White Mage

• Witch-King of Angmar (not yet released)

• Wizard of New Tristram

• Yrel, Velen's Chosen

• Zergling

Name:

• Shadespawn

• Teron'gor

• Terran Ghost

Thorgot:

• Dwarven Tank

• Illusionist (unreleased)

• There might be some missing races; let us know!

Events:

Here are some events you can look forward to in October:

• Rocket League Tournament

• TTT:GO Event

• Climb/KZ Event

Halloween Poker Tournament:

The poker tourney is back! The tournament will be on October 24th. Check in starts at 6:00 PM CST and the event will start at 7:00 PM CST. Everyone that wishes to play in the tournament MUST show up in Teamspeak for check in. You are not required to stay in Teamspeak AFTER the tournament begins. If you are not present during roll call you will be removed from the tournament.

To CLARIFY, for one to be removed from the tourney you must be removed from the club. DON'T WAIT TILL THE TOURNEY STARTS TO SHOW UP AND TRY TO JOIN!!! If you're removed it's YOUR OWN FAULT!

PEOPLE WILL START BEING REMOVED FROM THE TOURNEY AT 6:50 PM SO YOU HAVE 50 MINUTES TO SAY YOU'RE PRESENT!!!!! IF I CAN'T HEAR YOU DURING CHECK IN, YOU'RE NOT HERE. I WILL CALL YOUR NAME 3 TIMES!

IF AFTER 15 MINUTES OF THE BEGINNING OF THE TOURNEY YOU ARE STILL AFK, REGARDLESS OF WHEN YOU RETURN, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WIN A PRIZE! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

PRIZES!!!

If anyone would like to donate a prize to the prize pool message ChosenOne2000 on the forums.

Current Prizes: TBD (pending donations and sG funding)

How to register:

1. Download pokerstars client (pokerstars.net)

2. Register your account

3. Click on the right tab that says “home games”

4. Click join a poker club. Type the ID as 709399 and the code is: UV > sG bitches!

5. An event staff will receive your membership request and validate it.

MAKE SURE YOU ALSO REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT

1. Sign in to Poker Stars

2. Go into sG's House of Poker lobby

3. Go to the Schedule Tab

4. Double click the tourney

5. Register

Registration will open no later than 10 days prior to the tournament. Watch the forums for an update to this announcement. All are welcome to play, but to win prizes you must be:

-Part of the poker club

-Registered on the forums (for at least 2 weeks prior to the tournament)

-Not banned from the forums or servers at the time of the tournament

Ranks & Recruitment:

Over the past few months sG has seen a rise in recruits being denied membership with a final count of negative votes (example: -20/50). This trend is symptomatic of premature referrals and recruits not mingling with members on other servers and possibly the forums. In order to correct this trend, I ask for members to pause briefly prior to consenting to a referral to consider the person for whom you're vouching. This recruit and future sG member is a reflection of you. You're cosigning on a recruit; indicating you vouch for their conduct and reputation.

Recruits,

You might be beloved on one or two servers, but the clan's population extends past your server of comfort. To increase your success of membership, I suggest you make your introduction thread bolder and your presence felt in diverse mediums of Syndicate Gamers.

As you will see below, recruitment is strong and existing members continue to be rewarded for their conduct, activity, and contributions. As always, if you have R&R question, please contact a member of R&R or a general staff member.

ChosenOne2000

Ranks and Recruitment Manager

We would like to congratulate all of our new members:

November 2014:

• SkittleTastic

• Fugner

• nauFrage*

• vEntus

December 2014:

• Pikepeicrer

• Sleek

• Jockedamus

• Marine Putin

• TCU FROGS

January:

• Vexer

• Noah

Febuary:

• Mrlilkiddo

• Hawk

• Poseidon

• Senpai Plz Notice Me

• chris

• Black Jesus

• H4rdWyre

• Tuxedofunk

• HUF PUFF

March:

• Jiffy

• Mickeyy

• Battlecrab

• Mark From Facebook

• Face

• Bluestreakid15

• Don Juans Dracula

April:

• lotmoshr

• iafunky

• Avenger

• Revöker

• May:

• K1LLeR

• Dave

• Sith

• Cody

June:

• TrinityCrush

• Bite

• Dr. NarwhalsNumbNuts IV

• Thelnternet

• Ian Kinsler

July:

• Ironic

• ThatOllieWhoDies

• I'm not gay but $20 is $20

• MAT

August:

• CocoMendes

• Failwhale

• Jodas

• TackyTime

• Travesty

September:

None!!!

We would also like to congratulate our promoted members!

Level 2:

Siesan
Anzhi.
Ichalvl
Count
Moist
Master Chief
WhiteLabyrinth
Bob Ross' Zombie
Rune
DrKhanMD
Piplup
Papaya
Crobat
Sgt. Brick
Duex
Hay0ger.Tonee
Kim
Ordinarygamer96
Synergy
Grify
Kareem kotb
Valamarl
Paul_Waffle

Level 3:

Lv. 103 Garchomp

Velo

Ghøst

Ponder

Moflstomp.mp3

infested marine

Coldfuse

λrkham Knight

Joscal

ROFL

MisterTurkes

Demon

BLiNDBoi

Seabagz

TurtleFrenzy

SpecialBrownies

Swed

JMaFia

JWB10

Sean.

BananaPeelz

Wave

Destin

driz

Knox

Eddy

GiaNNi`~

B-cock

Level 4:

cookie eater

Wintergreen

PolloLoco

MONKEH

Veteran:

Hornycat

Papa

X-Men

Tortoise

Ivanns

DarkPredator

Aero

Fab

thorgot

Ctark

Bulldog

Beerman

Oreo

Sandy.

skitt

Spell

Matty

Legend:

Thorgot

Donations:

Paul_waffle - $689.69

Avenger - $380

Yunki - $143

Noah - $120

TrinityCrush - $115

Bcock - $111.11

Iafunky - $69.68

Sandy - $50

Rhieguy - $35

Destin - $30

BLiNDBoi - $25

Piplup - $25

Sean - $22.99

GunsmoKing - $20

ROFL - $20

Fugner - $15

GiaNNi` - $15

Minjou - $12.99

Mnkeydude - $11

Don Juan - $10

Ellie - $10

Foreverfisherman - $10

Jerhammar - $10

Knightmare - $10

Tonee Chickwan - $10

WeSDawg_97 - $10

Wolf Haley - $10

FloatsieTheTerrible - $6.66

Moflstomp.mp3 - $6

DaveTheFTAAA - $5

Eddy - $5

Hombeon - $5

HUF - $5

Icop - $5

Jiffy - $5

Milky - $5

Polky - $5

ProGamingAnakin - $5

Zane - $5

Zavil - $5

Naufrage - $3.69

Bob Ross' Zombie - $3.50

Bulldog - $3.27

Ctark - $3

Salteeens - $3

Viiiper - $3

...for a total of $2077.58! Because of all of the wonderful people that donated, we have been able to improve our services, and we greatly appreciate all those that have helped financially support us!

second

I DONT RECALL GIVING YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK!

Grats Centran, thank you to the outgoing staff, congratulations to all the recruits who've joined since the last digest, and most of all thank you to everyone who's donated and helped keep this community going. 

#MakeMangersBlue2015

I asked to be moved to JB after the TTTGO event so I could help out in the event but I guess not. AYY

Congratulations to all the promotions, I guess now I need to start talking to fugner more often since he's my boss. 

I asked to be moved to JB after the TTTGO event so I could help out in the event but I guess not. AYY

Congratulations to all the promotions, I guess now I need to start talking to fugner more often since he's my boss. 

The SO roster was simply taken from the SO forum at the time. I do not believe there are any new updates in that list.

That's a strong digest. Miss those! 

Congrats to everyone! and I agree with the part about the referrals part, last month was ridiculous.

Edit: I am also a Zombie Escape SO!