Sign in to follow this  
Ivanns

TTT Real Talk

Alright real talk topic. Whoever is in charge of making events on staff, stop making events for Warcraft or ZE servers which are full 24/7 anyway. At the start of August I have been told that a TTTGO event should be coming up soon. Its mid September now. If you guys want to keep this server dead as it is, might as well remove it from the server box. Lets at least make a TTTGO event and hope that it repopulates the server.

Peace

We wanted to have the event in August, but the war3 event completely came out of no where due to it being a secret. Now that its september everyone is in school and its hard to get people on the server now anyway. We are planning an event we're just trying to decide on a good/reasonable time for it. Also ivanns I never see you try to pop the server anyway man or talk to me or bullet about it.

Peace clown

We wanted to have the event in August, but the war3 event completely came out of no where due to it being a secret. Now that its september everyone is in school and its hard to get people on the server now anyway. We are planning an event we're just trying to decide on a good/reasonable time for it. Also ivanns I never see you try to pop the server anyway man or talk to me or bullet about it.

Peace clown

Most schools get out for a week, on the week of thanksgiving could do it the weekend leading in to that week before everyone leaves to go hang with family

Just so you know this isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a reminder that an event should happen and hopefully it can establish a consistent population of at least 5-6 players which will attract other players. In the past I have been one of the people trying to populate the server when it has 1-3 people on but I realized that it is a losing strategy. I would get up to around 12-15 players on most days from the time I started and it would only last for couple of hours. After people will slowly start leaving and the server will die again. That was during around mid July to mid August, which is definitely a busier season than September since as you mentioned school started. 

The reason why an event, even at this time in September, could be successful is because it serves as advertisement for the server. Regulars from other servers such as Jailbreak, Warcraft, or ZE come and try out the event, making the population rise. With the rise of the server's population more randoms join the server and TTT regulars are hopefully established. When the event ends, population once again declines but since there are now regulars, the server can sustain itself. Obviously an event is not a full proof plan to get the server population up but it is the best chance.  

Edited by Ivanns

events are not the solution to everything

it doesn't take much to realize most of them are bullshit ways of populating dead servers

we have an event almost every month and i would imagine most people are burnt out if they were even interested in the first place

plus the cs community is not based around custom servers as much as it used to be

Alright real talk topic. Whoever is in charge of making events on staff, stop making events for Warcraft or ZE servers which are full 24/7 anyway. At the start of August I have been told that a TTTGO event should be coming up soon. Its mid September now. If you guys want to keep this server dead as it is, might as well remove it from the server box. Lets at least make a TTTGO event and hope that it repopulates the server.

Peace

Last Ze event was on may before that's in 2013 so war3 and jb are getting the event

Last Ze event was on may before that's in 2013 so war3 and jb are getting the event

because a majority of our playerbase is either war3/jb/ttt

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD