Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kim

"Drop your gun for a FD"

Can we make this against the rules? When all t's exit cells wardens will occassionally say anyone who walks up and drops a gun gets a fd. I think that could be considered a form of favouritism, and even if not, it is pretty dumb.

It defeats the purpose of JB to hand out these fd's. It doesn't protect the CT's, because the T with the fd could just take a free ride into armory with his newly aquired fd. Giving fd's for this also defeats the purpose of earning LR's or the satisfaction of rebelling to kill all CT's.

All in all it just seems like a completely idiotic thing that only became frequent somewhat recently.

i always thought out of cells was stupid. It basically is favortism because 90 percent of time you know who has gun just no proof. I'd say there should be a rule you cant until away from cells. 

I mean its not favortism. they randomly got the cell, its not like the warden put em there.

On maps where the gun is always in the same cell a warden could always see who is in the cell, and if it's their friend give them the option to drop it for a FD. Sure most of this time that's not the case, but it could definitely be used that way.

i really don't see the problem, from what i have played, jb has become a freeday simulator with every action the t's take giving them freedays, i mean hell last time i played i had an admin forcing himself to have warden by muting everyone and then giving out freedays once he opened cells and he did this untill the map changed.

On maps where the gun is always in the same cell a warden could always see who is in the cell, and if it's their friend give them the option to drop it for a FD. Sure most of this time that's not the case, but it could definitely be used that way.

and one person could pick games to increase certain t's chanses of winning but we are not going to ban warden picking games are we? I think it is fair award and warden can give a free day for various reasons people just don't like this one because it is by chance

its really not that big of a deal. like one person gets a freeday. the t with the gun decides on whether getting a gun and killing, or getting the gun, a freeday, and all his ts hate him

its really not that big of a deal. like one person gets a freeday. the t with the gun decides on whether getting a gun and killing, or getting the gun, a freeday, and all his ts hate him

Let the hate devour our souls as we circle jerk the fuck outa new kids.

and one person could pick games to increase certain t's chanses of winning but we are not going to ban warden picking games are we? I think it is fair award and warden can give a free day for various reasons people just don't like this one because it is by chance

Those are completely different scenarios. Games are either luck based or skill based, not only that, but you have to complete plenty of them for LR. Did you even think before you posted that?

Those are completely different scenarios. Games are either luck based or skill based, not only that, but you have to complete plenty of them for LR. Did you even think before you posted that?

Is this the new definition of MAYBE 1 game?! +a Trivia

My 2 cents won't pay for the bills but:

It's an inventive concept, but at the same time I do see it as favouritism of sorts.

The way I see it being problematic is that not every T has equal opportunity to even obtain the gun and "earn" the freeday.

If you look at Trivia, lets say the prize was a freeday. Everyone may not have the knowledge about the trivia topic, but they are given equal opportunity to get the prize.

If I was warden, I don't think I would ever do this. it gives the terrorist an even better chance to fuck up the round with free reign over the map. I do agree with Icop that it is kinda favoritism. However, only if the warden sees whos in gun cell(or who has the gun). 

I have always restricted it to a place. For blackout it assures me a good round and they get a blackout soccer freeday. Not sure who is taking my idea for giving a freeday for giving up the gun but I literally only do it on blackout.

It's not favoritism because like cows said we don't pick who gets gun cell. It's a fucking lottery if warden decides to give a freeday and even then they don't have to agree.

I hope this doesn't become a thing now that you've pointed it out

Oh and it's give up your gun for a fd, obviously if they shoot the gun then there is no need to give a freeday to find it.

well thanks for that; what I am saying is a friend could pick triva questions that he knows his friend also knows but most people would need to google, or if he knows his buddy is really good at jump rope he could pick jump rope to play, it does not guarantee that his friend gets lr but it increases the chance buy a bunch, same with the gun for lr, it increases the chance that said person with gun gets a Freeday but he could say no

This is the stupidest thing ever. If I had the gun I would totally drop it then go find another gun to pick up and drop it in the group of Ts.

Again, it's always a blackout soccer freeday. They are trapped. No freeroam freeday homie.

And yellowwhy the warden doesn't place his friend in the cell with the gun. The point of this command is I don't know who has the gun. Rather than fuck around and give careful orders I'll give them a reason to drop it.

Can we not make this a thing and get it banned? It helps maintain order and then I get to play Tony Hawk pro skater. Not to mention if gun guy even gets to lr I give them basic.

well thanks for that; what I am saying is a friend could pick triva questions that he knows his friend also knows but most people would need to google, or if he knows his buddy is really good at jump rope he could pick jump rope to play, it does not guarantee that his friend gets lr but it increases the chance buy a bunch, same with the gun for lr, it increases the chance that said person with gun gets a Freeday but he could say no

You can't stop the trivia example, that's just not something that can be done. You can however stop the drop a gun for freedays. Also someone being good at a game is not favouritism, as anyone can be just as good or get better. It still requires some form of skill to complete games, and I would argue the trivia example never even happens. Tons of wardens always ask the same question, but not to the particular advantage to any other.

I'm still going to give a blackout soccer fd for giving me the cell gun. If k know who has it then there is no point for the fd, I'll just tell them to drop it.

Random thought. What if there were a way to frisk prisoners? If you were facing a prisoner and were just out of knife range and pressed your use key (e by default), it would tell you in chat what guns they have.

It wouldn't take the gun away, it would just make it easier to figure out who has the gun and give you their name in a location you could read at your own leisure, instead of the temporary name in the middle of the screen.

This also wouldn't replace having to unstack the terrorists or examine them, it would just counteract the weird pistol model issues some of the terrorists models have by having the game figure out if they have a gun or not, and would prevent having to reward the terrorists for cowardice by giving them freedays for dropping guns.

We could also make this a warden-only ability if allowing all the CTs to do would be too overpowered, and/or make it so the prisoner has to be facing away from you.

Random thought. What if there were a way to frisk prisoners? If you were facing a prisoner and were just out of knife range and pressed your use key (e by default), it would tell you in chat what guns they have.

It wouldn't take the gun away, it would just make it easier to figure out who has the gun and give you their name in a location you could read at your own leisure, instead of the temporary name in the middle of the screen.

This also wouldn't replace having to unstack the terrorists or examine them, it would just counteract the weird pistol model issues some of the terrorists models have by having the game figure out if they have a gun or not, and would prevent having to reward the terrorists for cowardice by giving them freedays for dropping guns.

We could also make this a warden-only ability if allowing all the CTs to do would be too overpowered, and/or make it so the prisoner has to be facing away from you.

Sounds too overpowered. Making it a warden only ability could lead to the same favouritism problem. Oh a random guy has a gun? "Drop it", my best bud has a gun? "I won't tell anyone".

I would be down to test that, but I would definitely don't think it's going to lead to more good things than bad.

All the pansy T's who refuse to rebel already make it hard enough for T's who play to rebel, never being able to sneak a pistol would suck.